[FL 1.1] [Bug] Oazis broken menu

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

_Pandemonium_
x4

[FL 1.1] [Bug] Oazis broken menu

Post by _Pandemonium_ » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 10:50

Hey all,

I have a strange problem with my Ozias TL where the menu became broken some (maybe 10, or 20) hours after I bought it.
It can no longer deploy stations through the command -> Special menu. The "1 Drop Station" option is always greyed out, even with me IS. I can still deploy stations through the inventory, clicking on the station and choosing the "Build Station" option.
Additionally the freight exchange is also no longer working properly. When any other ship does a freight exchange with the Ozias (or the Ozias with any other ship), the menu will only list the wares that are also present on the other ship. So if the Ozias and the other ship both have Energy Cells, then I can see the Energy Cells that either ship has and can transfer them. But as soon as I transfer all the Energy Cells off the other ship to the Ozias then menu entry for Energy Cells disappears. Likewise wares only present on the Ozias never show up in the menu in the first place. This goes for regular wares, as well as ship extensions and anything else that can be traded between ships.
The trading menu bug occurs under any trade situation, i.e.: both ships docked at the same station, a ship docked at the Ozias, both ships using a transporter device in space.
It also makes no difference whether I'm IS or not, or if I'm flying the Ozias myself.

I also tried buying a new Ozias and with that it works again as expected, so the bug is only with that one particular ship. But since I don't have that much money yet, I'd like to avoid selling and re-buying at a loss.

I'm not entirely sure when the bug occurred for the first time, so this is a bit of speculation now, but I think it might have been after I did a build station mission.
During that mission I placed the station a bit further away from the beacon than I would usually, because I wanted it in a good position. But then it didn't immediately finish the mission and I thought it was too far away from the beacon, so I ordered the Ozias to pack the station again. However before it could do that the mission finished and the station no longer belonged to me. Initially I thought that the command just got cancelled and started using the Ozias for other things again, but I get the feeling that this might have broken it.

Hwitvlf

Re: [FL 1.1] [Bug] Oazis broken menu

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 17:16

You might try packing a station again to see if that finishes the bugged script correctly.

_Pandemonium_
x4

Re: [FL 1.1] [Bug] Oazis broken menu

Post by _Pandemonium_ » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 17:35

Hwitvlf wrote:
Fri, 11. Jun 21, 17:16
You might try packing a station again to see if that finishes the bugged script correctly.
I tried that, but it didn't help with either of the problems.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”