Mercators docking issues?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Clantron
x4

Mercators docking issues?

Post by Clantron » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 20:01

This happened twice now. It's becoming a little expensive. I've decided to stop using them for now. Curious if they have docking issues with a complex.

[edit]
I want to add that this is during the course of likely 100s of docking procedures, since I have about a dozen flying around. Might be hard to replicate. I have no mods installed, but I do have a custom globals file (for rep purposes).
[edit2]
Still running v1.1 by the way.
[edit3]
I just noticed in my Destroyed Ship Log that both ships their actions were to 'Buying [product]'. That seems to suggest it happened during undocking, not docking.
Last edited by Clantron on Thu, 10. Jun 21, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

Ramdat
x3ap

Re: Mercators docking issues?

Post by Ramdat » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 21:05

I have the same problem at random intervals with Mules. It's solvable by never going IS, but that is far from ideal.

atroces

Post by atroces » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 21:18

I have always thought collision in X games needed some TLC. In some cases it makes sense, ship-ship collision is in some cases an effective combat tool. In other cases, I have watched entire defense missions solve themselves by all of the m4s and m5s colliding with a station. The biggest deal though, is the autopilot perpetually using collision to kill you - Especially in rock or station dense sectors, as well as the autopilot gleefully veering away from a potential collision simply to steer you directly into another. I know this is hard baked into the game at this point, but there are probably some things that can be done. This extends not only to travel, but docking maneuvers as well. Many ships will explode periodically on dock, or undock while IS, and it is more of a game design flaw than anything else.

Clantron
x4

Post by Clantron » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 21:35

atroces wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 21:18
I have always thought collision in X games needed some TLC. In some cases it makes sense, ship-ship collision is in some cases an effective combat tool. In other cases, I have watched entire defense missions solve themselves by all of the m4s and m5s colliding with a station. The biggest deal though, is the autopilot perpetually using collision to kill you - Especially in rock or station dense sectors, as well as the autopilot gleefully veering away from a potential collision simply to steer you directly into another. I know this is hard baked into the game at this point, but there are probably some things that can be done. This extends not only to travel, but docking maneuvers as well. Many ships will explode periodically on dock, or undock while IS, and it is more of a game design flaw than anything else.
Yea I've seen several situations where 2 capitals (M1/M2) would go straight into each other and both blowing up as a result. As for the Autopilot, I actually stopped using it all together.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 23:34

I save each time i have to run in a sector with lot of my ships to avoid this ... I also save each time i have to use Autopilot and i'm not overwatching it carefully.

In this regards the unlimited salvage insurance was maybe the best upgrade i could get, sadly it's quite expensive, but really useful.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”