Not My First Rodeo...

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

phantomrock2
x4

Not My First Rodeo...

Post by phantomrock2 » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 11:22

["If one is siding with the Terrans and wishes to get the most coveted destroyer the Terrans have :wink: the ATF, then after reaching HERO of SOL at least it could be unlocked but as for seeing this most coveted ship behind an astronomical a-mount of EGP Explorer's Guild Points :o :roll: and yes I have seen that number and one knows that when working with the Terrans one must have the most utmost thickest skin and wit and patience. Launching boarding OPS in Terran space while siding and being Terran is not good protocol. Given to the fact that the Terrans dont take too kind to anyone else save the Teladi and Terracorp and having all sorts of enemy craft using point to point jumps on you while going on a mash and bash looking for discovery(ies) A-LONE because the Terrans are still staying in Terran space. So as for the Terrans not liking anyone and having the most powerful ships and weapons they are not so crazy a-bout letting this be known by leaving Terran space. However the Terran player can so that Terran player should be afforded the option to purchase that destroyer. :wink:"]
[" thank you "]

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Not My First Rodeo...

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 12:06

If you are referring to the Valhalla, then no. That ship was never made feasible to be ingame. It has been left to be obtainable just due to people really liking it, but it should not be a ship that people use really. Not fitting through gates is one major issue why it wont be made purchasable at shipyards.

It also not being easily accessible makes it even more special.

MFG

Ketraar

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 13:31

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 12:06
If you are referring to the Valhalla, then no. That ship was never made feasible to be ingame. It has been left to be obtainable just due to people really liking it, but it should not be a ship that people use really. Not fitting through gates is one major issue why it wont be made purchasable at shipyards.

It also not being easily accessible makes it even more special.

MFG

Ketraar
yeah I know it does oot fit through jump gates :lol:
[" thank you "]

atroces

Post by atroces » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 20:58

The Valhalla has always been behind a boarding wall and jump beacon restriction. I think of that ship, and the Valhalla Limousine (Aran), similarly boarding locked, worth the effort if you are a collector and are willing to put the time in, but both ships are just luxuries. The Aran's utility, at least in AP was for me, primarily as storage and a Valhalla hauler to non beacon sectors. I personally would say to man up, gear up, and board that Valhalla if you really want it, otherwise don't hold out hope of it being a rep purchase. I had to board it, and board several other ships just to arm it properly. It serves as my core sector defense ship. That aside, it is a ridiculous ship, and definitely an OOS ship. It falls way behind on some defense tasks because it cannot catch any other ship, so I park it near the gate.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”