UT upgrading at Boron Research Station

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fritzonline
x3ap

UT upgrading at Boron Research Station

Post by fritzonline » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 11:05

I have my first UT running (it's an Athena from a Return Ship mission that I "failed" to return on time.) With every rank increase, it is heading to the Boron Research Station in The Void to upgrade the cargo bay, which obviously means a long flight from the gate in The Void Alpha.

Am I missing a setting that specifies where to upgrade? I know such a setting would be useful to specify using the PHQ, but right now I'd just prefer it to use the closest dock.

atroces

Re: UT upgrading at Boron Research Station

Post by atroces » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 21:09

THIS. If the home base has upgrades, like the Spacelab, then my ships use that as long as its their home. But in my production complexes, my ships will travel to the farthest reaches of the galaxy just to upgrade its speed, then to the farthest reaches again to get a jumpdrive, etc. etc, even though it can acquire all of those things less than 20km away from their homebase. A preferred upgrade dock (and of course it will look elsewhere if the upgrade isnt acquired yet) would be very intuitive, even better if it prioritized closest docks.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”