Question about ship prices

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Chaos Master
x2

Question about ship prices

Post by Chaos Master » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 07:28

Hey,

So I've read in various places, that ship prices should go down as your reputation goes up.

However I've worked myself up from Argon Federation Marshall to Federation Overwatch just today and the Mammoth is still
Spoiler
Show
Credits. It doesn't seem to change at all.
So I was wondering, does it only change at the highest rank, or am I already at the lowest price? (I'm looking at Roguey's for prices, and there it says 17 mil lowest, but maybe those numbers are outdated?)

And while I'm at it, how exactly does the negotiate discount thing work?

---

Argent Valcendre

Re: Question about ship prices

Post by Argent Valcendre » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 07:51

Where do you have the information on ship price discounts from?

The ship prices seem fixed to me.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:44

I think what you read may be referring to how much you get paid when you sell a ship changing with your reputation. I have noticed that effect it some versions of X3, but haven't paid attention in FL. An agent can "negotiate discount" to decrease ship prices.

EDIT: Confirmed that what you sell a ship for and pay to repair it changes with faction reputation in FL:
Last edited by Hwitvlf on Wed, 9. Jun 21, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 18:07

Hwitvlf wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:44
I think what you read may be referring to how much you get paid when you sell a ship changing with your reputation. I have noticed that effect it some versions of X3, but haven't paid attention in FL. An agent can "negotiate discount" to decrease ship prices.
This is correct, though the increase between higher ranks becomes infinitesimal. Sending an agent gives you a 10% discount on new ships.

Chaos Master
x2

Post by Chaos Master » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 18:23

That clears things up a lot. Thanks. I must have read some outdated information from previous titles, and it seems Roguey's has outdated information as well

Deianeira wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 18:07
This is correct, though the increase between higher ranks becomes infinitesimal. Sending an agent gives you a 10% discount on new ships.
Is there a way to know whether I'm already benefiting from that discount? I sent agents to negotiate discounts, but don't remember who I sent them to.
And is that discount only valid for the next ship purchase or for the rest of the game?
---

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 19:08

Chaos Master wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 18:23
Is there a way to know whether I'm already benefiting from that discount? I sent agents to negotiate discounts, but don't remember who I sent them to.
And is that discount only valid for the next ship purchase or for the rest of the game?
The discount is valid for all ships from this shipyard as long as your agent stays there.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:25

Chaos Master wrote:
That clears things up a lot. Thanks. I must have read some outdated information from previous titles, and it seems Roguey's has outdated information as well
i've seen it being mentioned alot, but its never actually been the case.
i think people have just been getting it confused between buying and selling.
as theres never been a discount when buying ships
Chaos Master wrote:
You could just check where you agent currently is. The discount is only valid while the agent is there. You can use it on as many items as you like however

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”