Spacelab

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Nuovo1

Spacelab

Post by Nuovo1 » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 21:18

hi, can you clarify the settings for the spacelab station?
I don't understand, how can I buy the products or sell them ?.
in other words, trading.
how does it work?

Hwitvlf

Re: Spacelab

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 16:58

I haven't done trading with the HQ, but I'll see if I can answer since no one more knowledgeable has spoken up. Most of this is speculation, so if I'm wrong someone correct me and I'll edit in the correct info.

The goods in inventory can be set to:
  • Resource (Buy only)
  • Product (Sell only),
  • Tradeable (Buy or Sell),
  • Storage (Don't Buy or Sell).
Some of these categories have sub-settings:
  • ...selling price: minimum price station will sell at
  • Tradeable price setting: minimum price to sell at, and max price to buy at
  • ...buying price: max price you buy at
  • Minimum storage: quantity that must be in stock before any will be sold or transferred to resupply docking ships (e-cells, missiles, ammo etc)
  • Maximum storage: will stop buying when this cap is reached
If you want to control trade in a semi-manual method do not enable the Manager (see below), but instead assign some freighters to the station by making it their homebase and equip them with Trade Command MK2. Then command the freighters to "Buy/Sell ware for best price".

If you want to automate Buy/Sell, click on the station and select 'Advanced > Command Console'. Click on an empty slot under 'station commands' and select 'station manager'. Any ships which have their homebase set to a managed station, will be controlled by the Manager and attempt to carry out your trade settings. Manager's charge a salary when enabled. In the station's command console, you can also set:
  • "Station manager restrictions" to decide the specific duties of ships controlled by the Manager, which goods are handled by the Manager, and decide if trader ships will only use sectors where you have a satellite.
  • "Automatically adjust prices" adjusts buy/sell prices based on the quantity you have in stock.
  • "Add/Remove available ware" to adjust which wares will be handled by the station. This would be for docks which don't have a specific product.
Other important stuff:
  • If freighters will be auto-buying goods for your HQ, make sure to transfer enough funds to the station.
  • If you want NPC traders to Buy/Sell at your HQ, set "Other races can trade with this station" to "yes".
  • "Maximum jumps for Buying/Selling" is an important setting, and make sure your freighters stock enough e-cells to make it there and back.

Nuovo1

Re: Spacelab

Post by Nuovo1 » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 19:25

thank you

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”