Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 17:44

Where did you board the Guppy? I've hit the wall where I cannot increase my Atreus level without reducing my OTAS rep first (which I can do by boosting my Terracorp rep instead), which would mean I lose access to the Boreas. I've already bought the Aquilo, Astraeus (in the process of kitting out) and Sirokos. Of course, if I could board the Guppy then the rep building becomes irrelevant. I'll still need to buy the drone command software, the chances of acquiring it are less than certain even with an agent with 7 tasks remaining.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 17:58

You don't need Atreus rep to buy the Guppy it is available from Boron as well, it's just one of the ships you unlock via diplomacy.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 18:12

i actually did board fastest m7d - panther and it did waiting near gates in teladi sector without fighers,
it seems not only TS ships stucks in 1.2, but others too,
most hard part was getting mk2 booster, ship itself was very easy (it actually don't need full charge of ion cannon from Truelight seeker to make its shield down) i.e. it will not fight back until boarding pods lands..

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 19:54

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 17:58
You don't need Atreus rep to buy the Guppy it is available from Boron as well, it's just one of the ships you unlock via diplomacy.
It's only for sale at the Atreus shipyard in Ocean of Fantasy Gamma. From satellites I've found one in that sector and another in Depths of Silence, both of which are far from alone.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 20:39

As long as you use diplomacy to unlock special ships at a Boron shipyard it should be available

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 03:32

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 20:39
As long as you use diplomacy to unlock special ships at a Boron shipyard it should be available
Will any Boron shipyard do? I'll be able to afford the ship now that some more of the Nividium from the HQ has been sold.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 05:02

Yes, but consider the following, you can use another agent to negotiate a discount at the shipyard at the same time. You may want to take full advantage of that and buy more stuff at discounted prices.

So, beyond the ships, is there anything else you would like to buy at a Boron yard? The yard at Great Reef Alpha is the Boron super yard that sells all their stations and ships. Go for that one if you don't have anything you want from a ore convenient yard.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 05:56

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 05:02
Yes, but consider the following, you can use another agent to negotiate a discount at the shipyard at the same time. You may want to take full advantage of that and buy more stuff at discounted prices.

So, beyond the ships, is there anything else you would like to buy at a Boron yard? The yard at Great Reef Alpha is the Boron super yard that sells all their stations and ships. Go for that one if you don't have anything you want from a ore convenient yard.
Damn, I sent my agent to the nearby one in Depths of Silence- 50 minutes in and he's only negotiated 2/4 ships this far. Once I do get the Guppy I can focus on the last corporation, Strong Arms.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 06:12

Hello all. I was going to buy a Guppy at the earliest time but after reading the stats on it, decided against it. It only docks M3, M4 and M5's. Tonight I decided just to get one and take a look at it. After getting it at shipyard in Kingdom End Alpha and ordering it to move to "position", I got incoming message saying it completed its order. Problem with that was, the incoming messages were stuck in a loop. I kept getting these messages one after another over and over. Reloaded my save and scratched getting a Guppy.
If only it could dock other ships like in AP.

stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 07:47

Stu Austin wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 06:12
that's why i did not waste my money on m7d only marines effort,
to dock other ships you need Kyoto or Aran or goner Mobile Repair Ship (better than Aran),
but maybe Ozias may suffice for your needs (a lot cheaper and even easer to board since you can hire him).
only thing (for exception of Aran/MRS) that can carry combined 427,500 XL cargo or 500 marines, pity no scripts to auto load docked ships with stuff...
(or 52,500 Stations) as far as i know x4 don't have load/unload scripts too.

p.s. just remove notification about order completion for any m7d, it seems all m7d using additional scripts and ordering themselves something...

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 19:04

dmk wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 07:47
Stu Austin wrote:
to dock other ships you need Kyoto or Aran or goner Mobile Repair Ship (better than Aran),
but maybe Ozias may suffice for your needs (a lot cheaper and even easer to board since you can hire him).
only thing (for exception of Aran/MRS) that can carry combined 427,500 XL cargo or 500 marines, pity no scripts to auto load docked ships with stuff...

p.s. just remove notification about order completion for any m7d, it seems all m7d using additional scripts and ordering themselves something...
Ozias can dock TS/TP ships, nothing else.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 05:00

Something that I'm wondering, is the speed of nividium gathering OOS solely determined by the top speed of the ship that's doing it? If it is then it stands to reason that a faster drill-equipped ship will gather correspondingly quicker. The fastest ship that can mount the drill AFAIK is the Sirokos which with a top speed of 210 is one of the few ships that can equip the drill that's faster than the Mistral. I've recently acquired a Sirokos and all my marines are still training, so now I need to finish kitting it out and send it to assist the other ships and see how it gets on.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 09:57

The Teladi Cormorant's drones are even faster. However, they can't break up the big rocks by themselves. So you need to slap a mining laser, mineral scanner and mining software on the Cormorant itself to get the process started without you.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:29

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 19:04
dmk wrote:
Stu Austin wrote:

The Aran can dock anything, but has anyone played enough of the Terran plot to confirm if the Kyoto can still dock 6 internal, that included M3-M5, TS/TP/TM and M6. It can in AP. Its a top notch destroyer.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 19:07

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:29
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 19:04
dmk wrote:

The Aran can dock anything, but has anyone played enough of the Terran plot to confirm if the Kyoto can still dock 6 internal, that included M3-M5, TS/TP/TM and M6. It can in AP. Its a top notch destroyer.
And M8, I used the Kyoto as a missile base in AP, I had an Auster and a Claymore and 2 Mistral SFs, one full of Tomahawks the other Phantoms. In AP M8s got nerfed thanks to the loss of the ability to launch barrages, otherwise I'd have used it a hell of a lot more.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 20:51

Jimmy C wrote:
Sat, 25. Sep 21, 09:57
The Teladi Cormorant's drones are even faster. However, they can't break up the big rocks by themselves. So you need to slap a mining laser, mineral scanner and mining software on the Cormorant itself to get the process started without you.
I thought the only thing you needed to break up the rocks was the mobile drilling system, which according to this the drone miner comes with already. The bigger stumbling block is acquiring the Cormorant, as it's not sold anywhere so is another ship I'm going to have to find and board.

EDIT: Seems it's a special ship so I'll need to send an agent to a Teladi shipyard.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 03:23

The problem is, you can't command the drones directly. And the basic "Mine with drones" command doesn't seem to include breaking major rocks for mining. So, you either had to break the big one yourself or put a mining laser and mining command on the Cormorant itself.

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 04:02

I'm using an Ozias with 12x Demeter Miners, and it's been very effective in helping me greedily scoop up every bit of nividium I can find. All OOS of course.
It's like paradise, spread out with a butter knife.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 04:54

The problem is, you can't command the drones directly. And the basic "Mine with drones" command doesn't seem to include breaking major rocks for mining. So, you either had to break the big one yourself or put a mining laser and mining command on the Cormorant itself.
Sounds like something that needs to be patched if the command doesn't tell the drones to use their drills to break the rocks down to collect-able size. If only the Cormorant can do it, doesn't that create a huge bottleneck in the process and slow everything down?
alexdefelice wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 04:02
I'm using an Ozias with 12x Demeter Miners, and it's been very effective in helping me greedily scoop up every bit of nividium I can find. All OOS of course.
I've been using an Ozias with Mistrals in much the same way along with a single Consus, even with one of the smallest TS cargo bays it still takes hours before a Mistral is full.

I did notice in the list of ships that can mount the drill includes the Geochen Miner, a ship I already have access to thanks to my relationship with NMMC, a TP with a top speed of 202 and a cargo bay of 1,200. Since it has a 25% greater top speed, would it collect 25% faster? Being a TP I can base a dozen of them at another Ozias, assuming I can find enough drills for them all.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 16:25

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 04:54

Sounds like something that needs to be patched if the command doesn't tell the drones to use their drills to break the rocks down to collect-able size. If only the Cormorant can do it, doesn't that create a huge bottleneck in the process and slow everything down?.
Only a bit. I don't remember if I had to command it to break a major rock by itself or just told it to start mining for nividium. OOS, I placed it next to the one nividium asteroid in the sector and the ship broke it when it executed the command. Then I halted the command and told it to mine with drones instead and it proceeded to do so.
The rock produced just enough to fill up the Cormorant. I've put the ship aside for now because I'm on to something that could be far more profitable.

What product in the game has the highest value density, that is, value per unit volume? The answer is the Energy Bolt Chaingun, all of its 151,144 credit value is packed into a 1S cargo space. That means you can pack more EBCs into a ship and sell the whole load for more money than any other item in the game. And with the infinite sink that is the Manual Trade Run, you can sell all the guns you can make as quickly as you can get them to a dock automatically.

Second highest is the Mass Driver for 116k in 1S cargo. Everything else is worth significantly less.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”