Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 4. Jul 21, 06:37

Deianeira wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 14:03

Because you can give up control of the ship when it's within a few km of those stations. It then either magically jumps away or idles around and can be boarded again :arrow: a good opportunity to train marines for free.
In AP, if it was too large to dock with the target station, the turned over ship will head towards the nearest gate and be removed from the gate after transiting. But yeah, until then it's a free opportunity for a second boarding. Just remember to use spacewalk boarding to save on pods.

Chull
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Chull » Sun, 4. Jul 21, 11:56

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 12:57
justdrew90 wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 03:32
This has been Nerfed in 1.2
They also made the jump beacon un-obtainable in a new game.
You can still aquire them though after 1.2 from RRF ships, just takes more effort/time.
All religions are all nonsense

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 19:24

Chull wrote:
Sun, 4. Jul 21, 11:56
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 12:57
justdrew90 wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 03:32
This has been Nerfed in 1.2
They also made the jump beacon un-obtainable in a new game.
You can still aquire them though after 1.2 from RRF ships, just takes more effort/time.
They have cargo bay shielding though.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 23:51

Deeparth wrote:
Tue, 6. Jul 21, 19:24
Every Rapid Response ship that I have seen with a Jump Beacon had Cargo Bay Shielding, but not all of them do. There's at least one post saying they found a Beacon on a Response ship which didn't have Shielding and acquired it with the Cargo Bay Hacker. I'm guessing the odds are low, but possible.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 10:44

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 6. Jul 21, 23:51
Deeparth wrote:
Tue, 6. Jul 21, 19:24
Every Rapid Response ship that I have seen with a Jump Beacon had Cargo Bay Shielding, but not all of them do. There's at least one post saying they found a Beacon on a Response ship which didn't have Shielding and acquired it with the Cargo Bay Hacker. I'm guessing the odds are low, but possible.
Guess it may have spawned in the game before the patches? Wonder if there is a random chance for every RR ship to have one, or there is a set number of them in the universe, or maybe if the few that are already in got destroyed then you're out of luck.

ranzolger
x4

Post by ranzolger » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 10:31

Another easy way for some money (may include some save & load):

Head to an equipment dock with 2 tractor beams in stock.
Use cargo bay hack to steal one of them.
Dock and sell for >700k.
Repeat.

As tractor beams are 'S' sized wares you can use any ship and its unlikely to be detected. If you steal both at the same time you may increase detection rate, see here.

Recommended sectors: third redemption and perditions end.

sideer
x3tc

Post by sideer » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 10:35

I would gladly pay 200m/permanent jump beacon or even more for a blueprint I can use to make them. This would make initial sectors (which do not require fleet protection) better choice that other sectors which have higher chance of enemies present in them.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 16:34

I finally got my jump beacon of captured Xenon J and I guess it may be a helpful reminder for some that you can send another wave of boarding pods when the current boarding operation is ongoing :)
Took me like 10 reloads to recall that fact, and after I had send a second wave the ship was mine first try.
I have lost 12 of my 40 finest marines, but oh well, still beats chasing a commonwealth ship with 7500 or 14000(!) ecells onboard hopping around the whole universe, losing a bit of relations each jump. I think.

also that's still quite a lot of legwork just to make a system I've already payed through my nose actually usable...

Chull
x4

Post by Chull » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 09:42

I found a beacon on an enemy Thresher, but couldn't board it at the time. Later on got really lucky and found a friendly ship with one and no cargo shielding, a quick bit of hacking and it was mine. It was a slight anti-climax considering I was preparing to send my marines against fully anti-boarding equipped capitols in order to get one, but I'll take the easy one too as it's my first.
All religions are all nonsense

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 18:43

ranzolger wrote:
Thu, 8. Jul 21, 10:31
Another easy way for some money (may include some save & load):

Head to an equipment dock with 2 tractor beams in stock.
Use cargo bay hack to steal one of them.
Dock and sell for >700k.
Repeat.

As tractor beams are 'S' sized wares you can use any ship and its unlikely to be detected. If you steal both at the same time you may increase detection rate, see here.

Recommended sectors: third redemption and perditions end.
It works even better if you do it with Phased Shockwave Generators, in my game the equipment docks in those two sectors had 2 each and they have a capacity of 4 so you can steal up to 3. You get 2 straight away and the third a few seconds later, I was using the TP I got as part of the plot to do this. Because my normal means of getting credits (station protection and construction) were no longer viable the only means left was personnel transport. A decent fare at the start can get 250-500k, if they don't insist on using a TP class ship. In AP it would specify in the mission description if you HAD to use one, in FL it doesn't because most of the ones that don't say in the description still won't get in anything but. :evil:

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 19:17

The rule of thumb is that when the mission type is Trade (orange money icon) you can do them with a TM ship, if the mission is Tech (white lightbulb), you need a TP.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 05:10

Novvak wrote:
Thu, 22. Jul 21, 19:17
The rule of thumb is that when the mission type is Trade (orange money icon) you can do them with a TM ship, if the mission is Tech (white lightbulb), you need a TP.
Thanks, that should save me much frustration with these fussy customers! :D

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 15:46

Fussy is exactly the right word.
Because of passengers being so spoiled, I have named my TP "Little Palace" to highlight just how luxurious this ship it is!

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 16:50

Novvak wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 15:46
Fussy is exactly the right word.
Because of passengers being so spoiled, I have named my TP "Little Palace" to highlight just how luxurious this ship it is!
Do TPs still need cargo life support system or is it redundant on those ships? Thanks to the dynamic rep pirate bases are now only letting me dock but won't let me buy the CLS.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 17:38

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 16:50
Do TPs still need cargo life support system or is it redundant on those ships? Thanks to the dynamic rep pirate bases are now only letting me dock but won't let me buy the CLS.
Passenger Transports have life support built in. CLS is also available at:
Spoiler
Show
Teladi Trading Station Merchant Haven, and Strong Arms stations in Rhonkar's Trial

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 21:34

Hwitvlf wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 17:38
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 16:50
Passenger Transports have life support built in. CLS is also available at:
Spoiler
Show
Teladi Trading Station Merchant Haven, and Strong Arms stations in Rhonkar's Trial
Thanks, that's what I thought but couldn't be sure. Looks like I've got more sectors to reveal! :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 29. Jul 21, 08:37

I am by no means an expert. But I want to share something I learned that has helped me make a good amount of credits.

There is a widely known sector where you can mine Nividium. And does it respawn still? I have no clue. None of my Nividium has respawned as of 14 days in game.

The following ships I recommend for this operation. This is a let it go and check back operation.
Sector Location:
Spoiler
Show
Getsu Fune : Go north then west. Check your distance settings loading your game. There should be a distant cluster of asteroids. This initial trip should be made in a fast m4/m5 ship. Recommend at least 500 m/s speed. There are 3 asteroids available; 1, 5 and 7 in there values.
Pre-scan the whole system with a mineral scanner.

Recommended ships.
Ozias Goner TL
Consus - Roid Buster; Must have mining command software, Mobile Drilling System, Special Command Software
5 Any Type TS with Ore Collector, Special Command Software

Mercury and Demeters can equip the mobile drill. But you will have to repair them after a while. The Consus should be fine with it's 200MJ shields.
I'd recommend the following as well.
Ozias must have a Jump Drive and Transporter Device. Stay OOS doing this. I'd recommend using a TS as a fuel-energy cell hauler. Ideally you'd want a jump drive on all TS involved as well.

Jump the Ozias in. Move To the Nearest Roid containing the Nividium. Then launch the Roid Buster to mine for Nividium, launch the other 5 TS and have them collect rocks. They should collect the Nividium with the Roid Buster. Check back every so often and use the Transporter to pull the Nividium into the Ozias Cargo Hold. I actually use 2 of these TL's, using the second as a ferry to transport the mined to me HQ.

Nividium will sell regular from your HQ. You may have to drop the price a 100 credits every so often to encourage the traders to come, and occasionally it may take a while. 3000 Nividium is a hefty chunk of change when it sells.

15,974 x 3000 = 47,922,000 credits.

The value of those 3 asteroids is a lot more than a jump beacon. I've purchased so far - Boron EQ Dock, Boron Trading Station, Argon Cerberus, 2nd Ozias, Finished my 1st TOA for a HSAP. And currently sitting on 92 million personal account. So far only Strong Arms hate me, but the Paranid love me. Thinking of buying a Deimos to compliment the Cerberus.

Ozias base cost is 15,125,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 19\20 million
Consus base cost is 6,332,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 10\11 million
Roguey's prices feel low compared to in-game. HQ cost?
Jump Drives are 360k a piece.
Startup cost is about 33 million all together. (factoring in Mobile Drill and Transporter)
Spoiler
Show
I wonder if I can convince the Boron to invade Rhonkar's Trial. That way I can visit the Beta site again. You can buy Cargo Life Support also in Great Trench from the Boron Research Station. As well as Pirate Stations provided you have the reputation.
To get a Mobile Drill you may have to encourage one of the Paranid factories with the resources to make one.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 30. Jul 21, 02:52

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 29. Jul 21, 08:37
None of my Nividium has respawned as of 14 days in game.
I destroyed several asteroids in multiple sectors and they respawned within a few days, but I noticed the asteroids destroyed by my miners OOS have not respawned after several days. I wonder if asteroids desrtoyed OOS don't come back. That would be unfortunate :(

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 11:54

I don't know if this still applies in X3FL (as I keep failing to get back into it), but back in X3R the best way to make money off Nividium was to sell it from (modded) stations where it was deemed a product, so you could set it Max & the station would still sell it rather than try to buy it.

As such, what you probably want to do is build a bunch of Nividium Mines on low yield Asteroids of any other Mineral than Nividium, then dump your Nividium into their storage (upgrading the mine "size" whenever possible), combining them into Complexes & turning the Mines off, so they don't waste eCells is probably also an idea (Edit: Ignore this, it was my misunderstanding: especially now that mines can be moved past gates with the right TL gear), though you probably don't want your complexes too large, as the more ships that can dock at a time, the more customers you can have (when I do get back into FL, I'm hoping to arrange it so I have lots of 5*XXL complexes all over the place, so my revenue restrictions will mostly stem from waiting for the actual Nividium 'Roids to respawn).
Last edited by Solomon Short on Mon, 2. Aug 21, 08:07, edited 3 times in total.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 23:09

Solomon Short wrote:
Sat, 31. Jul 21, 11:54
As such, what you probably want to do is build a bunch of Nividium Mines on low yield Asteroids of any other Mineral than Nividium, then dump your Nividium into their storage (upgrading the mine "size" whenever possible), combining them into Complexes & turning the Mines off, so they don't waste eCells is probably also an idea (especially now that mines can be moved past gates with the right TL gear)...
Great idea so I tried it out and it does work in FL. Nividium mines placed on non-Nividium asteroids even still produce, but the cycle is extremely long. You get 16 Nividum storage per mine in the complex, and Nividuim mines can't be upgraded like others. I don't think you can move mines to a different sector though, as they can't be packed up.

Lost Order has a bunch of 0 yield asteroids so it could be a good location if you're friendly with the pirates.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”