Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 08:58

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 05:54
Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 04:22
Well, if you have any construction projects planned at the HQ, you can dump them there for it.
I'm certainly going to have to build something- helping the terrans after delivering the chips and crystals and covering the M6 as it headed to the station, next mission kicks off and there's 3 Kyotos getting wiped out by half a dozen Titans and as many Rays. A bit much for a lone M7 to handle! :lol:
The Terran's are scripted to win that due to a lone Kyoto being invincible. Do not participate in that fight if you want to preserve your rep. It will auto-complete with the Terran's winning, and either way you get the ship.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 09:27

From my observation, sometimes some of the targets you need to kill leave the sector and cannot be reacquired. If they slip by the Kyoto, there's no chance they'll be destroyed later and the mission cannot be completed.
Still, causing collisions with stations was the most amusing way to do the mission!

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 13:09

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 08:58
Sovereign01 wrote:
Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 04:22
Well, if you have any construction projects planned at the HQ, you can dump them there for it.
I'm certainly going to have to build something- helping the terrans after delivering the chips and crystals and covering the M6 as it headed to the station, next mission kicks off and there's 3 Kyotos getting wiped out by half a dozen Titans and as many Rays. A bit much for a lone M7 to handle! :lol:
The Terran's are scripted to win that due to a lone Kyoto being invincible. Do not participate in that fight if you want to preserve your rep. It will auto-complete with the Terran's winning, and either way you get the ship.
Does this 4th Kyoto spawn after the other three? Because I see those biting the dust in short order, leaving the half-dozen Rays and Titans, as well as the Barracudas, Falcons and Novas wandering aimlessly. The only other Terran ships I've seen are M4 & M5s, a TM and a TS. I reloaded the mission, instead of Kyotos there were a couple of Wodens there this time facing 9 Titans and 9 Rays. This time all the non-Terran ships were red instead of just a couple of fighters.

If I do end up going down the station-bombing route I'll grab the Bofu lab from Void Theta as it's not making me anything and use that. It'll take a while for my TL to get there but needs must! :D

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 20:54

Sovereign01 wrote:

Does this 4th Kyoto spawn after the other three? Because I see those biting the dust in short order, leaving the half-dozen Rays and Titans, as well as the Barracudas, Falcons and Novas wandering aimlessly. The only other Terran ships I've seen are M4 & M5s, a TM and a TS. I reloaded the mission, instead of Kyotos there were a couple of Wodens there this time facing 9 Titans and 9 Rays. This time all the non-Terran ships were red instead of just a couple of fighters.

If I do end up going down the station-bombing route I'll grab the Bofu lab from Void Theta as it's not making me anything and use that. It'll take a while for my TL to get there but needs must! :D
To anyone else who happens to read these, these links go directly to plot spoilers.

Main page of the Terran Plot - You can read both sides / advantages or disadvantages.
Use this: https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/help/guides/terran-plot/

This should be directly at the point you are describing in the guide. Terran / Commonwealth battle. Terran side of it.
https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/help/guides/t ... page4b.php
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 03:00

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 20:54
Sovereign01 wrote:

To anyone else who happens to read these, these links go directly to plot spoilers.

Main page of the Terran Plot - You can read both sides / advantages or disadvantages.
Use this: https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/help/guides/terran-plot/

This should be directly at the point you are describing in the guide. Terran / Commonwealth battle. Terran side of it.
https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/help/guides/t ... page4b.php
There must be something up with my game, because I'm not seeing an invincible Kyoto spawn. I've triggered the mission, jumped out of the sector and jumped back in via the north gate. So far I've had either a couple of Wodens or 2-3 Kyotos appear and they all bit the dust.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 04:54

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 26. Oct 21, 03:00
There must be something up with my game, because I'm not seeing an invincible Kyoto spawn. I've triggered the mission, jumped out of the sector and jumped back in via the north gate. So far I've had either a couple of Wodens or 2-3 Kyotos appear and they all bit the dust.
I'd try reloading a save prior to getting this battle. I know the guide says this battle can take a very long time. Do the Terran ships respawn? The picture actually shows the composition you said. Lot's of Titans and Ray's attacking 3 Terran ships. The last time I played I stopped right after I opened the Terran sectors. They "Terrans" do respawn every so often right? Both storylines end with the Terran's winning.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 06:28

I'm not sure where the invincible Kyoto comes from, I've never seen one spawn in Brennan's Triumph delta as part of the final mission and the few Terran capitals that do spawn struggle to get a 1:1 kill ratio.

The only invincible Kyoto I'm aware of is the one that starts out guarding the TOA in Brennan's Triumph Alpha, however it wanders around in-sector and in my most recent game it had moved to the other side of the sector.

The commonwealth capitals for the mission do start to wander around after a while.
When I saw them doing this I kept tabs on them - the Boron headed to the nearest Boron sector (Atreus' Clouds) but they all seemed to die en-route to a Xenon task force (K + friends) that had been invading Brennan's Triumph beta for most of the game.
The Argon headed to the nearest Argon sector (Elena's Fortune beta) and flew around there and other nearby sectors for a while, before heading back towards Brennan's Triumph Alpha.
I'm not sure what happened after that because the ships I was tracking vanished from the UI (indicating they were destroyed) and the mission completed not long after, so they may have run into that invincible Kyoto or some other hostile fleet.

If you have a save from the start of the mission where all the capitals are in the one sector you can make note of their ID's and try to track them down if they've gone walkabout.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 20:40

So is it better to hold off on the last mission until I have the hardware to deal with multiple M2s, or do it anyway and trust that the ships will meet their end on their own without any intervention from me? Because I'd have to construct a complete missile plex for my existing M7M in addition to the chip plants I already need. While I do need to reduce my Boron rep a bit to increase my standing with Strong Arms, this is not how I want to do it.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Thu, 28. Oct 21, 08:27

If you want to get credit for destroying at least a few of them then perhaps wait until you can do so as I think the mission complete reward (some amount of credits) requires a certain number destroyed by you.

If you just want to start the mission so you can get the nice ship then I'd suggest just making a note of the capital ship ID's (take some screenshots perhaps) in case you have to track them down later.
The ships will wander around, maybe they will be destroyed, maybe not, though it seems like they don't wander too far and other than the text message at the end of the mission and maybe the mission reward there is no meaningful difference in destroying the capitals yourself or waiting for something else to do it.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 02:47

Deathifier wrote:
Thu, 28. Oct 21, 08:27
If you want to get credit for destroying at least a few of them then perhaps wait until you can do so as I think the mission complete reward (some amount of credits) requires a certain number destroyed by you.

If you just want to start the mission so you can get the nice ship then I'd suggest just making a note of the capital ship ID's (take some screenshots perhaps) in case you have to track them down later.
The ships will wander around, maybe they will be destroyed, maybe not, though it seems like they don't wander too far and other than the text message at the end of the mission and maybe the mission reward there is no meaningful difference in destroying the capitals yourself or waiting for something else to do it.
Well my TL reached the useless Bofu station with the intention of moving it, only to find out that in order to pack it up I need freight drones. Which is weird because I didn't need them when I was moving the HQ so that's annoying.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 05:00

You need freight drones if there's stuff inside the station. You can have transports empty out the station before packing it.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 08:27

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 27. Oct 21, 20:40
So is it better to hold off on the last mission until I have the hardware to deal with multiple M2s, or do it anyway and trust that the ships will meet their end on their own without any intervention from me? Because I'd have to construct a complete missile plex for my existing M7M in addition to the chip plants I already need. While I do need to reduce my Boron rep a bit to increase my standing with Strong Arms, this is not how I want to do it.
So I attempted a play through to better understand and help you. I'm afraid the attempt pushed my frustration higher due to losing 3 - 5% rep with the Terran's for each sector I crossed while exploring there sectors waiting on resources. At that rate I'll lose the ability to turn in the required material for the setting up the defense in BT Delta before I can finish acquiring them. My stations simply do too much trading with the Boron to allow the Terran's to like me for long. The link I posted goes to Roguey's guide that he put together for it. According to it, you don't have to be responsible for destroying any of the commonwealth ships. But that it can take a very long time. Helping only determines which message you get once it completes. From what I am reading though, this may be one of a long list of bugs that will likely never get fixed since 1.2 is the final version. Sorry mate. :(

The invincible Kyoto is the one that starts in Brennan's Triumph. It appears immediately after the TOA get's built by the Mammoth. I watched it wander off on my game as well. It's probably somewhere around.

The only reason I'd finish it myself is because I love the Terran capital ships. Kyoto is my favorite.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 11:07

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 29. Oct 21, 05:00
You need freight drones if there's stuff inside the station. You can have transports empty out the station before packing it.
To add to this, the freight drones are needed only if the TL can't dock at the station.
As the TL can dock to the HQ (and equipment docks) you don't need drones, however the TL can't dock at regular production stations so drones are needed or the station needs to be empty.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 20:31

Deathifier wrote:
Fri, 29. Oct 21, 11:07
Jimmy C wrote:
To add to this, the freight drones are needed only if the TL can't dock at the station.
As the TL can dock to the HQ (and equipment docks) you don't need drones, however the TL can't dock at regular production stations so drones are needed or the station needs to be empty.
The station does have a Dolphin attached so I can use that to empty it out, I was going to carry out a complex scheme involving a Goner Ranger to get the drones to the ship in a reasonable time frame. Turns out most fast ships that can carry L cargo are either strictly build-only or drones themselves.

EDIT: That's it packed up, time to leave that miserable sector behind. Should I just drop the station in the ship's path or do I need to actively tow it?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 22:27

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 29. Oct 21, 20:31
Deathifier wrote:
Jimmy C wrote:
The station does have a Dolphin attached so I can use that to empty it out, I was going to carry out a complex scheme involving a Goner Ranger to get the drones to the ship in a reasonable time frame. Turns out most fast ships that can carry L cargo are either strictly build-only or drones themselves.

EDIT: That's it packed up, time to leave that miserable sector behind. Should I just drop the station in the ship's path or do I need to actively tow it?
How bad was the rep drop?
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 22:40

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 29. Oct 21, 22:27
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 29. Oct 21, 20:31
Deathifier wrote:

How bad was the rep drop?
I haven't done it yet, I'm wondering if I can have my TL drop the station in their path and pack it up again or whether I have to have an M6 or something stronger drag it around. If it's the latter I'll need to have my Nemesis grab a tractor beam. This scene comes to mind! :lol:

EDIT: Just dropping the station doesn't cut it, the game doesn't let you place the station close enough for them to run into it. Maybe other stations would have better success.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 02:11

This reminds me of an issue I had in either Neptune or Uranus with a complex I set up in AP. Lost a lot of rep while in system because of it. Lost a few ships trying to get to the SPP in Neptune as well. For some reason they couldn't avoid the solar panels. Ever. I'd like to call it tragic, but considering they were my freighters, it was quite annoying.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 03:24

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 30. Oct 21, 02:11
This reminds me of an issue I had in either Neptune or Uranus with a complex I set up in AP. Lost a lot of rep while in system because of it. Lost a few ships trying to get to the SPP in Neptune as well. For some reason they couldn't avoid the solar panels. Ever. I'd like to call it tragic, but considering they were my freighters, it was quite annoying.
When placing my own complexes I didn't realise that for the exact same output the Terran stations were noticeably bigger than everyone else's. Ore/Silicon mines were one example, but the biggest(!) offender was the SPP XL which was huge compared to the non-Terran one. The game is smart enough when placing stations to move out of the way any ships that are too close even when it lets you place the thing, and when you have 2 or 3 M2s firing at it they'll chew through your station in less than a minute, unless I can somehow keep them from turning red this option is out. I have to wonder if the only answer is a missile-based solution, which of course means building a complex for the job. Because my Terran rep seemingly won't rise until I complete this mission their tech is out of the question meaning no Wraiths.

As far as I can tell, my options for killing M2s are either the Hammer, Firestorm or Tomahawk.

The Firestorm has the greatest range, lowest speed, and greatest yield.
The Hammer has average range, greatest speed, and lowest yield.
The Tomahawk has the shortest range, average speed & yield.
Last edited by Sovereign01 on Thu, 2. Dec 21, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 08:29

The rep should still change when the mission is active.
For example if you destroy all the M2's directly you actually gain a lot of rep with Terran due to rep gains from destroying hostile ships in their space.

For choice of missile any that can be fired by M7M or M8's are best, the Firestorm looks fine right up until the AI hits one of them and that massive blast radius destroys everything except your target.

Your other options for M2 destruction, if you don't want to use missiles, is a Carrack or Akurei with Plasma Beam Cannons.

However if the ships aren't hostile, aren't bothering you, and you can keep tabs on them, you can just leave the mission running and see where they go.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 30. Oct 21, 22:39

Problem is that I cannot raise my Strong Arms rep sufficiently to buy PBCs without lowering my Boron rep first. I've been trying to steal the plans for that factory for a while now, no success as of yet.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”