Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 05:10

I did get the JD kits from Terracorp and the Nividium mine from MNNC, I did manage to sell about 1.500 Nividium from the PHQ though I had to set the price to average-1 before anyone bought any, making 25M credits.

I've been mining the unclaimed sector next to Xenon 534, got 12 ships on the job: 10 mistrals, 1 Consus based at an Ozias, each TS has the mobile drilling system and ore collector. They've been at it 20 hours and gathered 11,000 Nividium and they still haven't gotten all of it from the 5-yield asteroid, never mind the hitherto-untouched 3 and 7. I've even tasked the Ozias itself with assisting the mining, so far the Mistrals have only each had to offload their contents to the transporter-equipped Ozias once.

Is there anything else I can do to accelerate the process apart from buying more Mistral-filled Ozias'? I chose those as the fastest TS that can equip the drill. I've been leaving them to it OOS so no worries about collision damage.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 13:15

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sat, 4. Sep 21, 05:10
I did get the JD kits from Terracorp and the Nividium mine from MNNC, I did manage to sell about 1.500 Nividium from the PHQ though I had to set the price to average-1 before anyone bought any, making 25M credits.

I've been mining the unclaimed sector next to Xenon 534, got 12 ships on the job: 10 mistrals, 1 Consus based at an Ozias, each TS has the mobile drilling system and ore collector. They've been at it 20 hours and gathered 11,000 Nividium and they still haven't gotten all of it from the 5-yield asteroid, never mind the hitherto-untouched 3 and 7. I've even tasked the Ozias itself with assisting the mining, so far the Mistrals have only each had to offload their contents to the transporter-equipped Ozias once.

Is there anything else I can do to accelerate the process apart from buying more Mistral-filled Ozias'? I chose those as the fastest TS that can equip the drill. I've been leaving them to it OOS so no worries about collision damage.
The only thing I do beyond that is send in a regular transport to take my goods to PHQ. That way none of my miners ever have to pause.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 18:09

Sovereign01 wrote:
You can actually home-base tons of miners to a single Ozias since they only dock when offloading minerals. I have 22 miners based to my one Ozias. The TL is mining too so it auto-unloads at the HQ when full. If you want to go even faster, try getting in the Ozias and flying into the Nividium field at a very slow speed but with SETA on 10x. If your shields get low, just stop and wait for them to refill. You can usually collect a full cargo within about 15 minutes. It helps to use external view (f2) so you can see the rocks better.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 4. Sep 21, 19:56

Hwitvlf wrote:
Sat, 4. Sep 21, 18:09
Sovereign01 wrote:
You can actually home-base tons of miners to a single Ozias since they only dock when offloading minerals. I have 22 miners based to my one Ozias. The TL is mining too so it auto-unloads at the HQ when full. If you want to go even faster, try getting in the Ozias and flying into the Nividium field at a very slow speed but with SETA on 10x. If your shields get low, just stop and wait for them to refill. You can usually collect a full cargo within about 15 minutes. It helps to use external view (f2) so you can see the rocks better.
Am I supposed to get tens of thousands of Nividium out of a yield-5 asteroid or is there something weird going on? I could try flying the Ozias manually, it's certainly well-shielded for a TL.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 5. Sep 21, 02:52

If you ever fly in system with those rocks, they are actually quite big in size. You can use as many collectors as you want, but personally, I only use as many as the Ozias can hold. Simple fact, if an enemy jumps in I prefer to be able to dock all my ships and jump them out as one. Saves a bit of credits on jump drives. But it's completely up to you how many you choose to use. My method was merely a starting point for anyone needing a bit of guidance.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 6. Sep 21, 05:23

Well it took almost a day (23h 41m) but my miners finally cleared that yield-5 Nividium asteroid out past Getsu Fune to the tune of 14,148 Nividium so I'm sending the Ozias along with its miners to offload at the HQ before starting on the next roid.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 01:09

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 6. Sep 21, 05:23
Well it took almost a day (23h 41m) but my miners finally cleared that yield-5 Nividium asteroid out past Getsu Fune to the tune of 14,148 Nividium so I'm sending the Ozias along with its miners to offload at the HQ before starting on the next roid.
Nice. The profits from it should be enough to make even the most seasoned Teladi blush. :lol:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 03:52

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 01:09
Sovereign01 wrote:
Nice. The profits from it should be enough to make even the most seasoned Teladi blush. :lol:
I hope so, I'm going to need every single credit I can get hold of to start building complexes if I'm to ever make TOAs! :D I know it sells well when I set the price to average-1. The only other place that produces Nividium is the one mine in PTNI HQ, so if I set my price to be 1 credit less than that mine, will it still sell?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 04:08

You can also get materials by recycling captured ships. 10 frigates or 20 corvettes should cover it. I got the materials for my first TOA entirely by capturing and buying because I didn't want to build the complex until I had that sector. Also gives your marines a workout.

I haven't sold a captured ship yet and I won't until I get that last TOA out.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 05:29

For that I will need a ship that can launch boarding pods, I feel like it's a chicken-and-egg situation going on since all the ships that can launch them need pods to be boarded in the first place. Meaning I'm going to have to buy myself an M7M first.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 10:04

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 03:52
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 01:09
Sovereign01 wrote:
I hope so, I'm going to need every single credit I can get hold of to start building complexes if I'm to ever make TOAs! :D I know it sells well when I set the price to average-1. The only other place that produces Nividium is the one mine in PTNI HQ, so if I set my price to be 1 credit less than that mine, will it still sell?
In theory it should. I've dropped it by -100 credits. You can expect roughly 600 units to sell at a time. And there is always the possibility of multiple ships arriving at once. So keep the docking arms for TS/TP clear if you want that to happen. I've personally been able to purchase 3 Ozias, more than half the materials to make a TOA, my first Cerberus off the Nividium I have mined. Not to mention gotten many stations up and running.

And I still have a ton of credits left over, not to mention my fleet hasn't finished mining our unclaimed sector.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 7. Sep 21, 10:52

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 05:29
For that I will need a ship that can launch boarding pods, I feel like it's a chicken-and-egg situation going on since all the ships that can launch them need pods to be boarded in the first place. Meaning I'm going to have to buy myself an M7M first.
A suggestion, seek missions from the Split. You get money and notoriety, then you get high enough notoriety to buy a Cobra, Boarding Pods and Marines. Everything you need to conduct a boarding. You should think about an M6 that can equip Ion Disruptors too. Being able to fry troublesome equipment increases your options. Not every ship has CBS and anti-boarding equipment in the end.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 8. Sep 21, 19:53

Jimmy C wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 10:52
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 05:29
A suggestion, seek missions from the Split. You get money and notoriety, then you get high enough notoriety to buy a Cobra, Boarding Pods and Marines. Everything you need to conduct a boarding. You should think about an M6 that can equip Ion Disruptors too. Being able to fry troublesome equipment increases your options. Not every ship has CBS and anti-boarding equipment in the end.
That will be a while, Split currently hate me and I'm trying to build Duke rep which will reduce my Paranid rep enough to let me get the OTAS Sirokos. And Dukes hate the Split also :lol:

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 9. Sep 21, 17:25

The easiest way to get an M7M in early game is to find one that doesn't have lasers (Paranid etc), and is out of missises, then do a spacewalk boarding from a TP. Sometimes it's hard for the marines to catch it, but it helps if you damage it's hull to slow it down, and constantly fly into its path so it slows down to avoid collision.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 02:27

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 29. Jul 21, 08:37
I am by no means an expert. But I want to share something I learned that has helped me make a good amount of credits.

There is a widely known sector where you can mine Nividium. And does it respawn still? I have no clue. None of my Nividium has respawned as of 14 days in game.

The following ships I recommend for this operation. This is a let it go and check back operation.
Sector Location:
Spoiler
Show
Getsu Fune : Go north then west. Check your distance settings loading your game. There should be a distant cluster of asteroids. This initial trip should be made in a fast m4/m5 ship. Recommend at least 500 m/s speed. There are 3 asteroids available; 1, 5 and 7 in there values.
Pre-scan the whole system with a mineral scanner.

Recommended ships.
Ozias Goner TL
Consus - Roid Buster; Must have mining command software, Mobile Drilling System, Special Command Software
5 Any Type TS with Ore Collector, Special Command Software

Mercury and Demeters can equip the mobile drill. But you will have to repair them after a while. The Consus should be fine with it's 200MJ shields.
I'd recommend the following as well.
Ozias must have a Jump Drive and Transporter Device. Stay OOS doing this. I'd recommend using a TS as a fuel-energy cell hauler. Ideally you'd want a jump drive on all TS involved as well.

Jump the Ozias in. Move To the Nearest Roid containing the Nividium. Then launch the Roid Buster to mine for Nividium, launch the other 5 TS and have them collect rocks. They should collect the Nividium with the Roid Buster. Check back every so often and use the Transporter to pull the Nividium into the Ozias Cargo Hold. I actually use 2 of these TL's, using the second as a ferry to transport the mined to me HQ.

Nividium will sell regular from your HQ. You may have to drop the price a 100 credits every so often to encourage the traders to come, and occasionally it may take a while. 3000 Nividium is a hefty chunk of change when it sells.

15,974 x 3000 = 47,922,000 credits.

The value of those 3 asteroids is a lot more than a jump beacon. I've purchased so far - Boron EQ Dock, Boron Trading Station, Argon Cerberus, 2nd Ozias, Finished my 1st TOA for a HSAP. And currently sitting on 92 million personal account. So far only Strong Arms hate me, but the Paranid love me. Thinking of buying a Deimos to compliment the Cerberus.

Ozias base cost is 15,125,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 19\20 million
Consus base cost is 6,332,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 10\11 million
Roguey's prices feel low compared to in-game. HQ cost?
Jump Drives are 360k a piece.
Startup cost is about 33 million all together. (factoring in Mobile Drill and Transporter)
Spoiler
Show
I wonder if I can convince the Boron to invade Rhonkar's Trial. That way I can visit the Beta site again. You can buy Cargo Life Support also in Great Trench from the Boron Research Station. As well as Pirate Stations provided you have the reputation.
To get a Mobile Drill you may have to encourage one of the Paranid factories with the resources to make one.

how do you sell nvidium? in my game all the docks are full of nvidium. i discovered it the hard way after building xl mine on the sector above getsu fune on the nvidium with rating 40. i could not sell that stuff.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 02:30

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 18. Aug 21, 18:04
there is only a 2km variance in the Y Axis, so everything should be fairly close to ecliptic
can you say me the coordinates of the aran in sanctuary of darkness? i hate it discovered but no marine in my ship and forget the coordinates and now cant find it.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 04:19

mhooma wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 02:27
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 29. Jul 21, 08:37
I am by no means an expert. But I want to share something I learned that has helped me make a good amount of credits.

There is a widely known sector where you can mine Nividium. And does it respawn still? I have no clue. None of my Nividium has respawned as of 14 days in game.

The following ships I recommend for this operation. This is a let it go and check back operation.
Sector Location:
Spoiler
Show
Getsu Fune : Go north then west. Check your distance settings loading your game. There should be a distant cluster of asteroids. This initial trip should be made in a fast m4/m5 ship. Recommend at least 500 m/s speed. There are 3 asteroids available; 1, 5 and 7 in there values.
Pre-scan the whole system with a mineral scanner.

Recommended ships.
Ozias Goner TL
Consus - Roid Buster; Must have mining command software, Mobile Drilling System, Special Command Software
5 Any Type TS with Ore Collector, Special Command Software

Mercury and Demeters can equip the mobile drill. But you will have to repair them after a while. The Consus should be fine with it's 200MJ shields.
I'd recommend the following as well.
Ozias must have a Jump Drive and Transporter Device. Stay OOS doing this. I'd recommend using a TS as a fuel-energy cell hauler. Ideally you'd want a jump drive on all TS involved as well.

Jump the Ozias in. Move To the Nearest Roid containing the Nividium. Then launch the Roid Buster to mine for Nividium, launch the other 5 TS and have them collect rocks. They should collect the Nividium with the Roid Buster. Check back every so often and use the Transporter to pull the Nividium into the Ozias Cargo Hold. I actually use 2 of these TL's, using the second as a ferry to transport the mined to me HQ.

Nividium will sell regular from your HQ. You may have to drop the price a 100 credits every so often to encourage the traders to come, and occasionally it may take a while. 3000 Nividium is a hefty chunk of change when it sells.

15,974 x 3000 = 47,922,000 credits.

The value of those 3 asteroids is a lot more than a jump beacon. I've purchased so far - Boron EQ Dock, Boron Trading Station, Argon Cerberus, 2nd Ozias, Finished my 1st TOA for a HSAP. And currently sitting on 92 million personal account. So far only Strong Arms hate me, but the Paranid love me. Thinking of buying a Deimos to compliment the Cerberus.

Ozias base cost is 15,125,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 19\20 million
Consus base cost is 6,332,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 10\11 million
Roguey's prices feel low compared to in-game. HQ cost?
Jump Drives are 360k a piece.
Startup cost is about 33 million all together. (factoring in Mobile Drill and Transporter)
Spoiler
Show
I wonder if I can convince the Boron to invade Rhonkar's Trial. That way I can visit the Beta site again. You can buy Cargo Life Support also in Great Trench from the Boron Research Station. As well as Pirate Stations provided you have the reputation.
To get a Mobile Drill you may have to encourage one of the Paranid factories with the resources to make one.

how do you sell nvidium? in my game all the docks are full of nvidium. i discovered it the hard way after building xl mine on the sector above getsu fune on the nvidium with rating 40. i could not sell that stuff.
How do you handle the Xenon attacking when you build in one of their sectors? The HQ is the only place that you can sell it in meaningful quantities, it definitely sells at average price-1, it does take some time before traders show up to buy any.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 21:35

So far my HQ has sold enough Nividium to make 227M, it has 833 Nividium left. I've upped the price to max to see if the last bit still sells while I wait for my miners to finish mining the roid they're on- only a 3 this time, 10 hours in so far.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 07:43

mhooma wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 02:30
Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 18. Aug 21, 18:04
there is only a 2km variance in the Y Axis, so everything should be fairly close to ecliptic
can you say me the coordinates of the aran in sanctuary of darkness? i hate it discovered but no marine in my ship and forget the coordinates and now cant find it.
Hello. I found it also tonight there (by Discovery info). Co-ordinates are
Spoiler
Show
6.37km, 194km, 8.26km
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 02:33

On my play through I found it directly behind the gate you enter from. I came through, made a U-turn because I saw the LFL light up. It was at an angle, straight back from the gate and to my left. When I tried coming back I almost didn't see it a second time.

Only time will let your Nividium sell. I've rarely seen it sell at the Average price, never above. You can sell big quantities only from your PHQ.

**Tip: Set it to product as traders may sometimes return it. I found that out the hard way. They managed to drain my account there while trying to get the resources for the TOA. Quite annoying. It requires just over 10 mil to build it. I have my PHQ capped at 25 mil so the excess goes into my personal account. They drained it several times before I realized what they were doing.

Anyone else notice the Griffon is glitched? (***Not the Raider variant***).
Spoiler
Show
I love the repair capabilities from it. Makes fixing spoils soo much easier. But you can't rename the docked drones, can't set them homebase to it, only the included ones are set this way. And oh it sure takes full control away as soon as you dock a new one. And they wouldn't launch to utilize the scan asteroid feature when I tried. They also wouldn't launch to fix a few ships that were damaged with about 93% hull. Kind of annoying. Fortunately they can keep Lasertowers alive even while under fire.
Just chalk this next complaint onto my wish list. I sure wish they would tune down the quantity of respawns on the stupid strong arms. They constantly go out of there way to go through the hub. And seem to spawn simultaneously in more than half the sectors at once.
Gate Locations: Dark Waters / Shining Currents, Void Alpha / Holy Vision Epsilon, Kingdoms End / Rolks Drift.

I have a new wave approaching almost every 30 seconds. It seems to rotate every 2 - 3 waves for each gate set. Comes from Rolks Drift, Dark Waters, Holy Vision.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”