Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

-GoldenEye-
x3ap

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more!

Post by -GoldenEye- » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 15:09

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 10:30
It will be in the upcoming update 1.2. :)
I hope you don't fix it too hard :)
Let us still be able to find some features
MfG GE

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 16:59

-GoldenEye- wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 15:09
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
I hope you don't fix it too hard :)
Let us still be able to find some features
Yeah, I hope they don't fix the diplomacy exploits for easy rep... :eg:

Xe-131
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Xe-131 » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 22:28

Quickly, make the most of it while you still can! :lol:
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 7. Jun 21, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 15:13

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Will the availability of steal the beacon be fixed too?

chip56

Post by chip56 » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 16:16

RunGiantBoom wrote:
Mon, 7. Jun 21, 15:13
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Will the availability of steal the beacon be fixed too?
I consider that a feature and not a bug so it shouldn't be fixed.

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 17:47

I am happy with one non-limited jump beacon already! This makes the new TOA sectors viable.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 17:54

The duplication of wares when using the "Collect deployed item" command is the issue that will be fixed in the upcoming update.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Xe-131
x4

Post by Xe-131 » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 19:45

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Mon, 7. Jun 21, 17:47
I am happy with one non-limited jump beacon already! This makes the new TOA sectors viable.
I prefer the idea of them being untradeable and having no limits... or letting us obtain an expensive blueprint to make them ourselves

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Mon, 7. Jun 21, 19:55

Xe-131 wrote:
Mon, 7. Jun 21, 19:45
Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Mon, 7. Jun 21, 17:47
I prefer the idea of them being untradeable and having no limits... or letting us obtain an expensive blueprint to make them ourselves
Vereey expensive. Make it 500 mil or 1 bil if required. But give the player a chance to build one. :)
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 07:00

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Mon, 7. Jun 21, 17:54
The duplication of wares when using the "Collect deployed item" command is the issue that will be fixed in the upcoming update.
I have to ask as I am about to cry no joy with the way my first experience is going with this expansion. I do love the changes with the diplomacy, interface and the new HQ. But what is truly frustrating me is the number of Xenon spawns in The Void which seem to be camping me. I can't even jump to them to save them. And having the Boron also destroy my laser tower set up to protect my HQ is of serious concern. Attacking it unprovoked and taking a rep hit instantly. Seriously? It was set to shoot Pirates, Xenon, Split, Dukes, and Strong Arms. Nothing else. And In the least they "Xenon" should spawn in Xenon sectors and be forced to fly all the way. Or in the very least use a jump drive like the rest of us.

Now having made several fortunes through the stock exchanges in X3AP "let's face it, it's broken and un-usable" leaves me with the only way to make money being missions. I've made several fortunes trading corporate stocks many times. Sometimes I also like to just explore or trade. And trading is no longer viable to me, to make money. Its simply a way to watch my ships get blown up one after another. Especially with remote trading. I have thus far dealt with "2 Xenon Q's :evil:" camping The Void Epsilon. They seem to spawn in The Void Theta in great numbers.

I sent an enhanced mercury via Jump Drive to Harmony of Perpetuity to visit the SPP, a Q was camping the S gate and insta-popped it. I was trying to test the stock markets tracking of stuff in ships hold. Had 170 IRE that got blown up with it.

So far it looks nice, but seems designed to stop players from making any serious credits through any means.

:oops: And by the way, I'm just venting my frustration here, don't mean anything by it.

How about any chance of SEWN (Satelite Early Warning Network) being incorporated back into it?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 10:03

Klord wrote:
Mon, 7. Jun 21, 19:55
Vereey expensive. Make it 500 mil or 1 bil if required. But give the player a chance to build one. :)
No. Money is better spend elsewhere. Normally we complain about long production times but for a jump beacon I think a longish production time makes sense. It's complicated technology and requires expensive resources. Most factions have maybe 1 or 2. I think the player should be able to build this without becoming poor, but at the cost of a long production time and large amount of expensive resources (maybe even quantum processors/focus lenses if in a future update we have enough of these to also build some unique ships).

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 10:27

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 07:00
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
I have to ask as I am about to cry no joy with the way my first experience is going with this expansion. I do love the changes with the diplomacy, interface and the new HQ. But what is truly frustrating me is the number of Xenon spawns in The Void which seem to be camping me. I can't even jump to them to save them. And having the Boron also destroy my laser tower set up to protect my HQ is of serious concern. Attacking it unprovoked and taking a rep hit instantly. Seriously? It was set to shoot Pirates, Xenon, Split, Dukes, and Strong Arms. Nothing else. And In the least they "Xenon" should spawn in Xenon sectors and be forced to fly all the way. Or in the very least use a jump drive like the rest of us.

Now having made several fortunes through the stock exchanges in X3AP "let's face it, it's broken and un-usable" leaves me with the only way to make money being missions. I've made several fortunes trading corporate stocks many times. Sometimes I also like to just explore or trade. And trading is no longer viable to me, to make money. Its simply a way to watch my ships get blown up one after another. Especially with remote trading. I have thus far dealt with "2 Xenon Q's :evil:" camping The Void Epsilon. They seem to spawn in The Void Theta in great numbers.

I sent an enhanced mercury via Jump Drive to Harmony of Perpetuity to visit the SPP, a Q was camping the S gate and insta-popped it. I was trying to test the stock markets tracking of stuff in ships hold. Had 170 IRE that got blown up with it.

So far it looks nice, but seems designed to stop players from making any serious credits through any means.

:oops: And by the way, I'm just venting my frustration here, don't mean anything by it.

How about any chance of SEWN (Satelite Early Warning Network) being incorporated back into it?
a couple notes in random order:
you do have early satelite warning: check your empire menu. you need to turn the sectors on for which you want it to be active.
Trading still works, stick to teladi sectors early on. Personaly i consider ministry of finance reasonably save from xenon and i moved my HQ there.
Moving your HQ to safer sectors is a good idea. The void indeed is a horrible place in regards to xenon invasions, so if you manage to get a TL you should get out there asap.

FankX
x4

Post by FankX » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 10:38

Klord wrote:
Mon, 7. Jun 21, 19:55
I would recommend to use rare materials to build, with using focus crystals, quantum computers or something like that.
Since the are respawning it is still something which we are able to find and build, but in a low production rate.

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 11:59

FankX wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 10:38
Since the are respawning it is still something which we are able to find and build, but in a low production rate.
They are not respawning. There are only 30 of them in whole universe.

FankX
x4

Post by FankX » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 12:09

RunGiantBoom wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 11:59
FankX wrote:
There is a total amount of 30, but they are respawning if there are less than that available.
I saw it some where in a thread, sad i can't save them.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 12:21

FankX wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 12:09
RunGiantBoom wrote:
FankX wrote:
There is a total amount of 30, but they are respawning if there are less than that available.
You are mixing two things up:
1) There are new discoveries spawning up to 5 at the same time. Those can be various things like pandora, special discoveries, credits,...
2) Focus crystals spawn at the beginning of the game. 30 in total. Those however are are part of the spawn table of new discoveries. So you will never get more than 30 in your game -> Those are limited.

FankX
x4

Post by FankX » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 12:23

chip56 wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 12:21
FankX wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 12:09
RunGiantBoom wrote:

You are mixing two things up:
1) There are new discoveries spawning up to 5 at the same time. Those can be various things like pandora, special discoveries, credits,...
2) Focus crystals spawn at the beginning of the game. 30 in total. Those however are are part of the spawn table of new discoveries. So you will never get more than 30 in your game -> Those are limited.
Thanks for the info, i thought they are handled the same.

jduato
x3tc

Post by jduato » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 13:21

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 07:00
X2-Illuminatus wrote:

I understand your frustration as I had to start over again. Some people recommend moving the PHQ but you may lack the credits early in the game. So, this is what I did to make progress until I am ready to face the Xenon threat:

1) Set the Xenon Hub to disable trading with NPC ships. Bring 20.000 energy cells to the Hub. You should be able to afford this quite early.

2) Use your fast M5 (Disco, Kestrel) to explore the X universe, going directly to the south west and to the north west (in any order).

3) Once you discovered the uper and lower west sectors, realign the Hub gates so as to keep the Holy Vision + Void access, and replacing the other two connections with one in the north west corner and another one in the south west corner of the map, both located more than 10 jumps from both Xenon sector 101 and Xenon sector 472.

I did so, and no more Xenon ships neither in the PHQ nor in the Xenon Hub.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:49

That won't last forever though. There may be a Dark Sanctuary in the south west corner. If there isn't, it will be south of Duke's Citadel instead.

Getting back to the item duplication bug. I haven't reached the Jump Beacon yet, but I realized, there was one other deployable item that I had that'd be useful to duplicate, satellites. I had a stack of Advanced Satellites, so I started duplicating them. It's certainly been a useful way to spend time transiting sectors when I'm not doing anything else.
In the process I discovered something I don't know is related to the duplication bug or not. I was running the duplication operation OOS, there was already an Adv. Sat. in that sector, placed there to monitor a gate and a HSAP. The TS doing the duplicating was a considerable distance from that satellite. But, as can be expected, during one duplication I accidentally ordered the TS to pick up the distant Sat. instead of the just dropped one. Somehow, it instantly collected that Sat. without moving too. There was just a crate where the Sat. had been, tens of km away. I had the TS pick up the crate and redeploy the Sat. and decided to move the operation to the adjacent sector where I hadn't deployed any satellites yet.
This time, I dropped a sat. decided to order the TS to pick up some stuff in the sector, then go back to pick up the sat. There was no instant remote collection. The TS just flew over to the sat. conventionally and collected it.

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 10:17

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:49
The TS doing the duplicating was a considerable distance from that satellite.
Distance was more than 4000km? It is possible to move instantly in such case. Try to send ship on coordinates 3000000,3000000,3000000 for example.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”