Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

mhooma

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by mhooma » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 02:30

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 18. Aug 21, 18:04
there is only a 2km variance in the Y Axis, so everything should be fairly close to ecliptic
can you say me the coordinates of the aran in sanctuary of darkness? i hate it discovered but no marine in my ship and forget the coordinates and now cant find it.

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 10. Sep 21, 04:19

mhooma wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 02:27
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 29. Jul 21, 08:37
I am by no means an expert. But I want to share something I learned that has helped me make a good amount of credits.

There is a widely known sector where you can mine Nividium. And does it respawn still? I have no clue. None of my Nividium has respawned as of 14 days in game.

The following ships I recommend for this operation. This is a let it go and check back operation.
Sector Location:
Spoiler
Show
Getsu Fune : Go north then west. Check your distance settings loading your game. There should be a distant cluster of asteroids. This initial trip should be made in a fast m4/m5 ship. Recommend at least 500 m/s speed. There are 3 asteroids available; 1, 5 and 7 in there values.
Pre-scan the whole system with a mineral scanner.

Recommended ships.
Ozias Goner TL
Consus - Roid Buster; Must have mining command software, Mobile Drilling System, Special Command Software
5 Any Type TS with Ore Collector, Special Command Software

Mercury and Demeters can equip the mobile drill. But you will have to repair them after a while. The Consus should be fine with it's 200MJ shields.
I'd recommend the following as well.
Ozias must have a Jump Drive and Transporter Device. Stay OOS doing this. I'd recommend using a TS as a fuel-energy cell hauler. Ideally you'd want a jump drive on all TS involved as well.

Jump the Ozias in. Move To the Nearest Roid containing the Nividium. Then launch the Roid Buster to mine for Nividium, launch the other 5 TS and have them collect rocks. They should collect the Nividium with the Roid Buster. Check back every so often and use the Transporter to pull the Nividium into the Ozias Cargo Hold. I actually use 2 of these TL's, using the second as a ferry to transport the mined to me HQ.

Nividium will sell regular from your HQ. You may have to drop the price a 100 credits every so often to encourage the traders to come, and occasionally it may take a while. 3000 Nividium is a hefty chunk of change when it sells.

15,974 x 3000 = 47,922,000 credits.

The value of those 3 asteroids is a lot more than a jump beacon. I've purchased so far - Boron EQ Dock, Boron Trading Station, Argon Cerberus, 2nd Ozias, Finished my 1st TOA for a HSAP. And currently sitting on 92 million personal account. So far only Strong Arms hate me, but the Paranid love me. Thinking of buying a Deimos to compliment the Cerberus.

Ozias base cost is 15,125,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 19\20 million
Consus base cost is 6,332,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 10\11 million
Roguey's prices feel low compared to in-game. HQ cost?
Jump Drives are 360k a piece.
Startup cost is about 33 million all together. (factoring in Mobile Drill and Transporter)
Spoiler
Show
I wonder if I can convince the Boron to invade Rhonkar's Trial. That way I can visit the Beta site again. You can buy Cargo Life Support also in Great Trench from the Boron Research Station. As well as Pirate Stations provided you have the reputation.
To get a Mobile Drill you may have to encourage one of the Paranid factories with the resources to make one.

how do you sell nvidium? in my game all the docks are full of nvidium. i discovered it the hard way after building xl mine on the sector above getsu fune on the nvidium with rating 40. i could not sell that stuff.
How do you handle the Xenon attacking when you build in one of their sectors? The HQ is the only place that you can sell it in meaningful quantities, it definitely sells at average price-1, it does take some time before traders show up to buy any.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 21:35

So far my HQ has sold enough Nividium to make 227M, it has 833 Nividium left. I've upped the price to max to see if the last bit still sells while I wait for my miners to finish mining the roid they're on- only a 3 this time, 10 hours in so far.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 07:43

mhooma wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 02:30
Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 18. Aug 21, 18:04
there is only a 2km variance in the Y Axis, so everything should be fairly close to ecliptic
can you say me the coordinates of the aran in sanctuary of darkness? i hate it discovered but no marine in my ship and forget the coordinates and now cant find it.
Hello. I found it also tonight there (by Discovery info). Co-ordinates are
Spoiler
Show
6.37km, 194km, 8.26km
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 02:33

On my play through I found it directly behind the gate you enter from. I came through, made a U-turn because I saw the LFL light up. It was at an angle, straight back from the gate and to my left. When I tried coming back I almost didn't see it a second time.

Only time will let your Nividium sell. I've rarely seen it sell at the Average price, never above. You can sell big quantities only from your PHQ.

**Tip: Set it to product as traders may sometimes return it. I found that out the hard way. They managed to drain my account there while trying to get the resources for the TOA. Quite annoying. It requires just over 10 mil to build it. I have my PHQ capped at 25 mil so the excess goes into my personal account. They drained it several times before I realized what they were doing.

Anyone else notice the Griffon is glitched? (***Not the Raider variant***).
Spoiler
Show
I love the repair capabilities from it. Makes fixing spoils soo much easier. But you can't rename the docked drones, can't set them homebase to it, only the included ones are set this way. And oh it sure takes full control away as soon as you dock a new one. And they wouldn't launch to utilize the scan asteroid feature when I tried. They also wouldn't launch to fix a few ships that were damaged with about 93% hull. Kind of annoying. Fortunately they can keep Lasertowers alive even while under fire.
Just chalk this next complaint onto my wish list. I sure wish they would tune down the quantity of respawns on the stupid strong arms. They constantly go out of there way to go through the hub. And seem to spawn simultaneously in more than half the sectors at once.
Gate Locations: Dark Waters / Shining Currents, Void Alpha / Holy Vision Epsilon, Kingdoms End / Rolks Drift.

I have a new wave approaching almost every 30 seconds. It seems to rotate every 2 - 3 waves for each gate set. Comes from Rolks Drift, Dark Waters, Holy Vision.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 18:34

So far, no takers for max price nividium, nor for less than the NMMC mine. Now that I have access to the Nividium mine I have to wonder which generates the mineral faster- an Ozias filled with Mistrals or a mine on one or more of the richer asteroids?

Lister Of Smeg

Post by Lister Of Smeg » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 22:36

Just a quick question about the mining, do you have to be in system to do the mining or can it all be done OOS and automated?

Also I've never done Mobile Mining during any of my playthroughs but decided to give it a go this time through and have read conflicting reports that say if you destroy an asteroid whilst OOS it wont respawn, any truth to this? however all info i can find is very old by this point and not even for AP nevermind FL, some up to date info would be a blessing :)

Since im asking stuff aswell, where did you place your HQ? My relations are fluid atm so im not sure I want to move it just yet but wondering if a certain location is better for selling the Nividium
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 13. Sep 21, 02:33
Just chalk this next complaint onto my wish list. I sure wish they would tune down the quantity of respawns on the stupid strong arms. They constantly go out of there way to go through the hub. And seem to spawn simultaneously in more than half the sectors at once.
Gate Locations: Dark Waters / Shining Currents, Void Alpha / Holy Vision Epsilon, Kingdoms End / Rolks Drift.

I have a new wave approaching almost every 30 seconds. It seems to rotate every 2 - 3 waves for each gate set. Comes from Rolks Drift, Dark Waters, Holy Vision.
I know your connection to Dark Waters / Shining currents is quite close to Strong Arms Home Sector, maybe thats why you see so many in The Hub? They're using you as a shortcut
Last edited by Lister Of Smeg on Tue, 14. Sep 21, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 00:49

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 18:34
So far, no takers for max price nividium, nor for less than the NMMC mine. Now that I have access to the Nividium mine I have to wonder which generates the mineral faster- an Ozias filled with Mistrals or a mine on one or more of the richer asteroids?
There is a NMMC Nividium mine in PTNI. And there are 2 places you can sell Nividium which seem to be Trade docs set to Average price. So I don't think setting it to max is going to allow it to sell. No profit to be made. Selling from PHQ seems better to me. I have a mine set up in one of the discover sectors. It takes quite a long time for the cycles to complete, and it's max amount to start is 12 units. The cost is also fairly high to mine it energy cell wise. So to make a decent profit you would need to upgrade it several times.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 01:05

Lister Of Smeg wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 22:36
Just a quick question about the mining, do you have to be in system to do the mining or can it all be done OOS and automated?

Also I've never done Mobile Mining during any of my playthroughs but decided to give it a go this time through and have read conflicting reports that say if you destroy an asteroid whilst OOS it wont respawn, any truth to this? however all info i can find is very old by this point and not even for AP nevermind FL, some up to date info would be a blessing :)

Since im asking stuff aswell, where did you place your HQ? My relations are fluid atm so im not sure I want to move it just yet but wondering if a certain location is better for selling the Nividium
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I know your connection to Dark Waters / Shining currents is quite close to Strong Arms Home Sector, maybe thats why you see so many in The Hub? They're using you as a shortcut
That is more than likely. I'm going to try and move that pair. I'm now negative 4 with them. Don't see myself ever repairing it. The only race navy they seem to encounter is a Boron Shark in Rolks Drift. But I am definitely worried about inviting a different group by moving that pair. I wish there was a feature that allowed you to shut down a pair.

As for PHQ, I so far have left it in The Void. I get ample traffic there. Game engine keeps spawning Yaki at the TOA's there, that is one of 2 reasons I have to move it. The other being how long it takes for a ship to reach the PHQ. If you want a good location Presidents End or Light of Heart seem like good locations to me. "Barring any Khaak incursions". You could also try the Teladi's northern most sector.

OOS mining works fine except for the fact that those asteroids do not respawn. They only respawn if you popped them.

I got control of the sector near that affected gate pair that I may move, it's the reason I put it there. Quick access to my PHQ.

I got as another sector:
Spoiler
Show
Nathan's Voyage Beta
as a controlled sector. I won't use it since the game decided to spawn a PX and fleet on the TOA gate there. And before anyone comments, it did spawn there. It did not come from BHS. I was sitting on the outside of it when I jumped to Midnight Star to drop a station for the AI. Immediately got the notification from my satellite. Looked in system to see it approach and destroy my satellite from the TOA. ::Sigh:: No jump capabilities to some locations wouldn't seem half bad if the AI was forced to follow those rules.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Lister Of Smeg

Post by Lister Of Smeg » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 06:17

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 01:05

OOS mining works fine except for the fact that those asteroids do not respawn. They only respawn if you popped them.
Wait, I have to be the one who destroys the asteroid? just the initial smash or breaking it down to rubble aswell?

If its just the initial smash could I leave it automated after that?

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 07:59

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I agree so strongly. The Strong Arms are cheating. They spawn into the center of zones and half the ships in the universe belong to them. I'm trying to befriend them but it's impossible because my laser towers keep killing them faster than I can send agents to farm rep. I can hold the Xenon back but strong arms have developed jump drive technology that lets them spawn in wherever they please.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 10:42

There was some comments about the Aran earlier. I have been able to confirm something. It is not generated at the start of the game. I ran a script to find stuff, and it says there's now an Aran in Sanctuary of Darkness. The thing is, I also ran that script weeks ago, it wasn't there then. I can be certain of this, because I took screenshots of the script results.
I think it only appeared after the game placed the TOA that connected the sector to the wider universe.

Iwantyoursmiles
xr

Post by Iwantyoursmiles » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 12:32

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 10:42
There was some comments about the Aran earlier. I have been able to confirm something. It is not generated at the start of the game. I ran a script to find stuff, and it says there's now an Aran in Sanctuary of Darkness. The thing is, I also ran that script weeks ago, it wasn't there then. I can be certain of this, because I took screenshots of the script results.
I think it only appeared after the game placed the TOA that connected the sector to the wider universe.
Spoiler
Show
I capped the Aran last night and can confirm. It spawns in Sanctuary of Darkness but only after the Xenon have moved in.

Lister Of Smeg

Post by Lister Of Smeg » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:00

I've decided to set up an experiment and see if asteroids will respawn if mined remotely. It seems strange that we would have ship extensions that allow us to do this but would be punished by having the roids not respawn because we automate it.

I've got a Yeild 2 Nividium roid in a system which I've fully scanned, so i can set my miners to auto on that and if it respawns it will be inescapeable to spot as it will be the only unscanned roid in the system :)

will post back with results, reaching a bit asking this but if a dev could confirm or deny would save me a day testing :P

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:20

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 04:19
mhooma wrote:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 29. Jul 21, 08:37
I am by no means an expert. But I want to share something I learned that has helped me make a good amount of credits.

There is a widely known sector where you can mine Nividium. And does it respawn still? I have no clue. None of my Nividium has respawned as of 14 days in game.

The following ships I recommend for this operation. This is a let it go and check back operation.
Sector Location:
Spoiler
Show
Getsu Fune : Go north then west. Check your distance settings loading your game. There should be a distant cluster of asteroids. This initial trip should be made in a fast m4/m5 ship. Recommend at least 500 m/s speed. There are 3 asteroids available; 1, 5 and 7 in there values.
Pre-scan the whole system with a mineral scanner.

Recommended ships.
Ozias Goner TL
Consus - Roid Buster; Must have mining command software, Mobile Drilling System, Special Command Software
5 Any Type TS with Ore Collector, Special Command Software

Mercury and Demeters can equip the mobile drill. But you will have to repair them after a while. The Consus should be fine with it's 200MJ shields.
I'd recommend the following as well.
Ozias must have a Jump Drive and Transporter Device. Stay OOS doing this. I'd recommend using a TS as a fuel-energy cell hauler. Ideally you'd want a jump drive on all TS involved as well.

Jump the Ozias in. Move To the Nearest Roid containing the Nividium. Then launch the Roid Buster to mine for Nividium, launch the other 5 TS and have them collect rocks. They should collect the Nividium with the Roid Buster. Check back every so often and use the Transporter to pull the Nividium into the Ozias Cargo Hold. I actually use 2 of these TL's, using the second as a ferry to transport the mined to me HQ.

Nividium will sell regular from your HQ. You may have to drop the price a 100 credits every so often to encourage the traders to come, and occasionally it may take a while. 3000 Nividium is a hefty chunk of change when it sells.

15,974 x 3000 = 47,922,000 credits.

The value of those 3 asteroids is a lot more than a jump beacon. I've purchased so far - Boron EQ Dock, Boron Trading Station, Argon Cerberus, 2nd Ozias, Finished my 1st TOA for a HSAP. And currently sitting on 92 million personal account. So far only Strong Arms hate me, but the Paranid love me. Thinking of buying a Deimos to compliment the Cerberus.

Ozias base cost is 15,125,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 19\20 million
Consus base cost is 6,332,000 (Roguey's site) - I think in game its more like 10\11 million
Roguey's prices feel low compared to in-game. HQ cost?
Jump Drives are 360k a piece.
Startup cost is about 33 million all together. (factoring in Mobile Drill and Transporter)
Spoiler
Show
I wonder if I can convince the Boron to invade Rhonkar's Trial. That way I can visit the Beta site again. You can buy Cargo Life Support also in Great Trench from the Boron Research Station. As well as Pirate Stations provided you have the reputation.
To get a Mobile Drill you may have to encourage one of the Paranid factories with the resources to make one.

how do you sell nvidium? in my game all the docks are full of nvidium. i discovered it the hard way after building xl mine on the sector above getsu fune on the nvidium with rating 40. i could not sell that stuff.
How do you handle the Xenon attacking when you build in one of their sectors? The HQ is the only place that you can sell it in meaningful quantities, it definitely sells at average price-1, it does take some time before traders show up to buy any.
i have rocket complex and a m7m. i jumped in cleared the sector and let a m2 patrol the sector and build a couple towers the way the ship takes if it jumps into the sector.
the problem is in my game. i cant sell it to npc docks, because they are always full.

Lister Of Smeg

Post by Lister Of Smeg » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:33

mhooma wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:20
Sovereign01 wrote:
mhooma wrote:

i have rocket complex and a m7m. i jumped in cleared the sector and let a m2 patrol the sector and build a couple towers the way the ship takes if it jumps into the sector.
the problem is in my game. i cant sell it to npc docks, because they are always full.
From what I gather the Nividium is being sold from the PHQ, so NPC traders are going there. You are not going to them to sell it. Just add it to your PHQ and set the price below average and eventually someone will show up and buy a frieghter full :D

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 00:50

Lister Of Smeg wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 06:17
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

Wait, I have to be the one who destroys the asteroid? just the initial smash or breaking it down to rubble aswell?

I want to say an affirmative on that. I've actually had 1 asteroid that was Nividium respawn. And I believe it was one that I initially broke then left to collectors to pick up. But a second one that was in that sector never respawned, but I have an advanced satellite sitting next to where it was. So I don't know of FOW being uncovered affects it. Sad thing, this wasn't a problem in X3ap. But to be honest I always broke those first then broke further into pieces my ships could pick up. This might be just another way the game was nerfed on us to make it even harder to make credits. A couple asteroids I broke in the discovery sectors did respawn, but only after the dangerous ones took it over. Maybe that was a full reset. I am keeping an eye on the 3, 5 and 7 roids in our unclaimed sector. I will report if they do respawn. Those were complete OOS mined. And I have since pulled all eyes out of it. (For some reason the game is spawning strong arms at that broken / destroyed gate.

At the moment I am also in the process of increasing the size of a Nividium Mine to see if I can make a decent amount that way. Once it reaches XXL size I'll happily share that experience. At the time of this post it is applying the L upgrade. 4 hours till completion.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 02:56

Lister Of Smeg wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:33
mhooma wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:

From what I gather the Nividium is being sold from the PHQ, so NPC traders are going there. You are not going to them to sell it. Just add it to your PHQ and set the price below average and eventually someone will show up and buy a frieghter full :D
doubt they buy it from phq. it have since a while in phq around 75 nividum that i got from mobile miners. its on product and doesnt sell also.
atm i collect the nvidium from the mine in a tl with 19k space and then i place it all in ships i sell to npc. they should pay for it that way.

Lister Of Smeg

Post by Lister Of Smeg » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 03:34

mhooma wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 02:56
Lister Of Smeg wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:33
mhooma wrote:

doubt they buy it from phq. it have since a while in phq around 75 nividum that i got from mobile miners. its on product and doesnt sell also.
atm i collect the nvidium from the mine in a tl with 19k space and then i place it all in ships i sell to npc. they should pay for it that way.
I can confirm i have had it sell from PHQ. In fact some friendly Paranid buddy came along an bought a whopping 1547 units for a total of 24,950,016. (my PHQ is in its original sector, Hub is connected to Duke's Vision / Emperor's Wisdom, The Void Alpha / Holy Vision Epsilon and Ceo's Buckzoid / Teladi Gain) Also worth noting I am selling it AT the default average price of 16,128 and have it set as a product.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 04:25

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 00:50
Lister Of Smeg wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 06:17
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:

I want to say an affirmative on that. I've actually had 1 asteroid that was Nividium respawn. And I believe it was one that I initially broke then left to collectors to pick up. But a second one that was in that sector never respawned, but I have an advanced satellite sitting next to where it was. So I don't know of FOW being uncovered affects it. Sad thing, this wasn't a problem in X3ap. But to be honest I always broke those first then broke further into pieces my ships could pick up. This might be just another way the game was nerfed on us to make it even harder to make credits. A couple asteroids I broke in the discovery sectors did respawn, but only after the dangerous ones took it over. Maybe that was a full reset. I am keeping an eye on the 3, 5 and 7 roids in our unclaimed sector. I will report if they do respawn. Those were complete OOS mined. And I have since pulled all eyes out of it. (For some reason the game is spawning strong arms at that broken / destroyed gate.

At the moment I am also in the process of increasing the size of a Nividium Mine to see if I can make a decent amount that way. Once it reaches XXL size I'll happily share that experience. At the time of this post it is applying the L upgrade. 4 hours till completion.
I look forward to seeing how that works out :)

I was all set to purchase another Ozias plus a dozen mistrals for more mining, only to run into a surprising problem- a complete lack of Mobile Drilling Systems to equip them with, so I ended up scrapping that idea. I had adv. satellites in most of the sectors that had stations that sold them, but almost all were completely empty and just one had
a couple of MDS. In the end I decided to reload and add one new mistral to the Ozias' group to make it a full dozen. I remember buying all the MDS one station had at the time and I'm glad I did because it meant the Ozias still had one spare so my last Mistral doesn't miss out.

I did manage to get my OTAS rank high enough to get my Sirokos, I'm unsure if I should get the other M7 & M7M while I can given how many agents I had to use getting here. Doing that is looking to be very expensive.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”