Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 20. Nov 21, 03:24

I've made copies of the three weapons using the trick at the shipyard with the Geochens from one Ozias, while doing that my fleet including the Mistral-filled Ozias and Sirokos finished mining the Nividium from the unclaimed sector past Getsu Fune and filled the cargo hold of the largest ship so there's a large quantity of Nividium about to go on the market while I decide which sector to send my miners to next.

My agent actually managed to buy the plans for the spacefly farm the first time from Strong Arms despite the low chance of success, which by my reckoning means I've now got everything I want from the corporations so my efforts are now going to focus on the pirates for the PBG and IBL.

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 15:24

Well Void Alpha actually provided a couple of nividium roids, surprisingly the smaller one got gobbled up extremely quickly, way faster than it should have given its yield. Despite the sector having a hostile pirate base the only pirate assets in sector were the four lasertowers protecting the base itself.

Upon looking at the encyclopedia entry for the pirates I noticed that the Split and Teladi did not appear in their enemies list so I should only do agent-supplying missions for those two races if don't want to ruin my standing with the pirates, at least not until I get everything I need from them that is.

The nividium from the last sector did sell quickly enough, brought the amount of credits in the HQ up to around 730M :mrgreen: should be enough to get a good-sized complex off the ground. Microchips will be the first thing on the wish list, then flail and hammer missiles for my M7M, and space fuel/weed for credits. If there are any more profitable wares I could be making and selling I'd be open to suggestions.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 20:14

I managed to get my pirate rep high enough to allow me to buy their weapons if not yet the factories for said weapons, as well as mercs so I sent my Ocelot to visit each rehab facility and pirate base with mercs and picked up 12 3-star mercs (well one was 2 but his fight skill was 50), so things are working nicely and they're going to go straight in for training.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 00:26

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 20:14
I managed to get my pirate rep high enough to allow me to buy their weapons if not yet the factories for said weapons, as well as mercs so I sent my Ocelot to visit each rehab facility and pirate base with mercs and picked up 12 3-star mercs (well one was 2 but his fight skill was 50), so things are working nicely and they're going to go straight in for training.
Did you have 3 or more red bars with pirates before you went there? That base should never be hostile unless you shot at it or the LT's. I'm planning on going on a shipping heist spree when I have all there factories. :D Get myself BPs for there caps finally.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 03:04

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 00:26
Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 20:14
Did you have 3 or more red bars with pirates before you went there? That base should never be hostile unless you shot at it or the LT's. I'm planning on going on a shipping heist spree when I have all there factories. :D Get myself BPs for there caps finally.
My pirate rep is at +7, the highest it can go while my Argon, Boron and Paranid rep are greater than that. I avoided losing pirate rep by only doing agent passenger missions from the Split and Teladi, my rep allows me to buy PBGs and IBLs, but only the factory for the former (already bought the plans) meaning I'm going to have to steal the latter. I can buy the Carrack but not the Brigantine from their shipyard so if I want that ship I'll need to board it. And I've only just got a second marine to 5 stars so no boarding yet.

UPDATE: Agent managed to steal the IBL forge plans on his first try- he had 3 tasks left in him (didn't have any available with 2). I just need to get what I can from them while I have the rep. I hear good things about the Carrack despite its weak shielding.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 10:27

Interesting note: "Or discovery" Duke's seems to like it when I attempt espionage to get equipment blueprints from them. I keep getting a rep increase just for trying. Oh, and for some reason after I unlocked the Teladi special ships, they stayed unlocked when I recalled the agent. Of note on it though, my game bugged with the discount agent as I attempted both Special Ships and Discount at the same time. I never got the actual discount despite supposed to be getting 10% at max discount. But I tried a second time as a test, and it did apply the discount that time. So the game didn't like 2 things running at once I guess for the Teladi.

Does anyone know if the Tern actually serves an actual purpose other than simply being a filler ship to use? I know the info on it says its a mine producer/layer, but considering it does not actually produce mines, seems kind of silly.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 11:32

The Tern is basically just an M7. Its not actually a new ship, it was available in TC and AP as well. I believe the description came from the original XTM mod.

The only change in FL was to remove the variant name (it used to be called Tern Sentinel)

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 17:00

According to the stats it's basically a modified Shrike that trades its hangar and some speed for better lasers, cargo space and shields. The latter two make it the strongest in its class, the slowest M7 is now even slower.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 14:18

Just found a new money back opportunity. Don't know if it's been there since the start or just 1.3. I delivered a TS of mine, filled with Nividium, for a mission. For the first time, I realized that I could still control it after handing it over and getting the reward money. I was well aware that it would jump out soon, so I immediately ejected all the Nividium onboard. The TS did jump out, but now I have the Nividium back to do it all over again!

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 16:13

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 15. Dec 21, 14:18
Just found a new money back opportunity. Don't know if it's been there since the start or just 1.3. I delivered a TS of mine, filled with Nividium, for a mission. For the first time, I realized that I could still control it after handing it over and getting the reward money. I was well aware that it would jump out soon, so I immediately ejected all the Nividium onboard. The TS did jump out, but now I have the Nividium back to do it all over again!
How much Nividium did that TS hold? Was it the type of mission that asked you to bring the ship to a particular station? As my fleet is currently mining a Nividium asteroid I can certainly give this a try. Despite two fully-kitted out Ozias, a Cormorant and a Sirokos this one asteroid in Perpetual Sin is still paying out several hours later.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 17:02

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 15. Dec 21, 16:13

How much Nividium did that TS hold? Was it the type of mission that asked you to bring the ship to a particular station?
It could hold more than I was willing to sell, 1414 units. Yes, it was that type of mission. I've sold several shipfulls of Nividium like this before, I hope it's charged at average instead of minimum, which would make it no better than shipyard disposal.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 17:13

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 15. Dec 21, 17:02
Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 15. Dec 21, 16:13

How much Nividium did that TS hold? Was it the type of mission that asked you to bring the ship to a particular station?
It could hold more than I was willing to sell, 1414 units. Yes, it was that type of mission. I've sold several shipfulls of Nividium like this before, I hope it's charged at average instead of minimum, which would make it no better than shipyard disposal.
Were you able to do it again, or was it a one-off?

I eventually managed to pull off the stealing-beacon-from-hephaistos trick. Which seemed like it might be more trouble than it's worth until you realise that each beacon is worth 280 million, almost as much as the complex I ordered :D My plan is to send one to Akeela's Beacon Beta so I can first claim the new complex, deliver its crystals and then get it upgraded.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 03:46

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 15. Dec 21, 17:13

I haven't had the opportunity to try again. I've sold ships with Nividium like this before, but this was the first time I realized I could still control the ship and therefore eject the Nividium before the ship disappeared.
Which seemed like it might be more trouble than it's worth until you realise that each beacon is worth 280 million, almost as much as the complex I ordered
Ever since AP, my opinion is the capabilities of a beacon are worth any cost to gain. I've been practicing doing quick swoops to claim ships with the SOS in preparation and it should be possible.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 16. Dec 21, 05:35

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 16. Dec 21, 03:46
Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 15. Dec 21, 17:13

I haven't had the opportunity to try again. I've sold ships with Nividium like this before, but this was the first time I realized I could still control the ship and therefore eject the Nividium before the ship disappeared.
Which seemed like it might be more trouble than it's worth until you realise that each beacon is worth 280 million, almost as much as the complex I ordered
Ever since AP, my opinion is the capabilities of a beacon are worth any cost to gain. I've been practicing doing quick swoops to claim ships with the SOS in preparation and it should be possible.
Thanks to the beacon I was able to bring in all the L>XL upgrades in a matter of minutes instead of hours due to the proximity of an existing beacon to the shipyard in Paranid Prime Alpha. Also let me send in an M7 when a couple of small groups of Xenon showed up causing trouble :D I'm going to be refining my ship claiming methods too and seeing if I have more success with an Enhanced Mako or Scorpion Prototype, both are significantly faster than the normal Scorpion which will make chasing down the Sabre easier.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 19. Dec 21, 08:50

You should be able to do that repeated. I've noticed all the ships I turn over are still green when they undock to jump out. I want to say it was that way in 1.2 as well. As I recall thinking, I wonder if I can order that ship still to do what I want.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Mon, 20. Dec 21, 08:14

Oh... boys:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sun, 19. Dec 21, 08:50
You should be able to do that repeated. I've noticed all the ships I turn over are still green when they undock to jump out. I want to say it was that way in 1.2 as well. As I recall thinking, I wonder if I can order that ship still to do what I want.
... And now think about what you could earn with a ship delivered, that has one, a dozen or a hundreds of jump beacons in its cargo hold. :P
("Epic Empire" becomes simple.]

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 20. Dec 21, 16:17

DanKara wrote:
Mon, 20. Dec 21, 08:14
Oh... boys:
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sun, 19. Dec 21, 08:50
... And now think about what you could earn with a ship delivered, that has one, a dozen or a hundreds of jump beacons in its cargo hold. :P
("Epic Empire" becomes simple.]
By the time you had hundreds of jump beacons, you wouldn't need to! Seeing as you'd need 20 complexes to get that many. :P Someone needs to test that :D

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 20. Dec 21, 17:39

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 20. Dec 21, 16:17

By the time you had hundreds of jump beacons, you wouldn't need to! Seeing as you'd need 20 complexes to get that many. :P Someone needs to test that :D
Orrr... you had the opportunity to duplicate them thanks to the 1.1 bugs. I still have 87 that I haven't distributed around. Or just order tiny extensions to your complex one at a time. Even a minimum closed loop complex needs several dozen stations.

Also, I sold another TS with Nividium that I retrieved again! Yes, this is repeatable. I now have a reusable Nividium stash.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 20. Dec 21, 18:09

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 20. Dec 21, 17:39
Sovereign01 wrote:

Orrr... you had the opportunity to duplicate them thanks to the 1.1 bugs. I still have 87 that I haven't distributed around. Or just order tiny extensions to your complex one at a time. Even a minimum closed loop complex needs several dozen stations.

Also, I sold another TS with Nividium that I retrieved again! Yes, this is repeatable. I now have a reusable Nividium stash.
My universe has run out of Nividium, until the roids I've mined respawn the only ones left are in Xenon/Khaak sectors and one in an HSAP sector which I have to place a TOA in to mine, even with a jump beacon ships won't jump in without a TOA. And given a TOA costs as much as the amount of Nividium I'm likely to get...

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 21. Dec 21, 00:06

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 20. Dec 21, 17:39
Sovereign01 wrote:

And that my fellow gamer, is why I still have those saves untouched. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”