Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Deianeira
x3tc

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Deianeira » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 00:15

Wou wrote:
Sat, 19. Jun 21, 00:04
Eh, I just want a single one to make my claimed sector easier to reach. Looks like I cannot do that without boarding a friendly ship. Or Xenon J I guess. Oh well
You can damage the Rapid Response Fleet ships to the point where the cargobay shielding gets destroyed, then apologize for weapons fire and use the cargobay hacker. I highly recommend plasma beam cannons for this task :twisted:

Jimmy C
x3tc

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 19. Jun 21, 05:02

I'll just go back to doing things the hard way for the next game.
But, for this game, I acquired and replicated the beacon from the platform about 130 times and sold 14 of them for just under 4 billion credits.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 12:57

justdrew90 wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 03:32
This has been Nerfed in 1.2
They also made the jump beacon un-obtainable in a new game.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 13:09

jduato wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 13:21

I understand your frustration as I had to start over again. Some people recommend moving the PHQ but you may lack the credits early in the game. So, this is what I did to make progress until I am ready to face the Xenon threat:

1) Set the Xenon Hub to disable trading with NPC ships. Bring 20.000 energy cells to the Hub. You should be able to afford this quite early.

2) Use your fast M5 (Disco, Kestrel) to explore the X universe, going directly to the south west and to the north west (in any order).

3) Once you discovered the uper and lower west sectors, realign the Hub gates so as to keep the Holy Vision + Void access, and replacing the other two connections with one in the north west corner and another one in the south west corner of the map, both located more than 10 jumps from both Xenon sector 101 and Xenon sector 472.

I did so, and no more Xenon ships neither in the PHQ nor in the Xenon Hub.
So in my latest play through, I no longer have a Q camping me. In fact, my first try there was a Q in about 2 dozen sectors during my exploration.

Now I have Xenon fleets spawning on the West Accelerator Gate in PTNI Alpha and Yaki in The Void Eta off the West one there.

I'm on my 3rd try / attempt, and I am finally about to break the 100 mil mark.

Going with the riches guide title of this thread, has anyone realized you get paid for dropping off passengers yet? And I aint referring to the missions. I am referring to bailed pilots. Open your freight, read the info, and take them to the station they want. Applies to all bailed pilots. (Purchases, Pirates and Enemies).

Oh and if you are at war with the Split Strong Arms (Like Me), a great place to camp is Shore of Infinity / Lucky Planets Gamma and Beta.
Enhanced Chimera sell for 3.8 - 4.8 million a piece. Asp Prototypes about a million. I have a pretty high bail rate. Using the Nemesis I got from the prologue. Just make sure to upgrade it with engine tunings.

Loadout: 4 Concussion, 2 Plasma Burst, 2 Ion Shard. Dukes Transports (Athena's) have a good bail rate as well. They sell for 7 mil? Roughly?

Oh, and I have a question. Why does the game throw an M7 to "retrieve / return" at you thinking you can dock it at a Silicon Mine to turn it in?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Fri, 2. Jul 21, 14:03

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 13:09
Oh, and I have a question. Why does the game throw an M7 to "retrieve / return" at you thinking you can dock it at a Silicon Mine to turn it in?

Because you can give up control of the ship when it's within a few km of those stations. It then either magically jumps away or idles around and can be boarded again :arrow: a good opportunity to train marines for free.

And yes, ejected pilots often pay around a million credits to get to the next station. During the early game, I like defend station missions against yaki, as they pay the most and even their M5s often have turboboost mk1 still installed after bailing. And dont forget to buy every second-hand ship and scoop up the ejected pilot for up to 40% "refund" :twisted:

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 4. Jul 21, 06:37

Deianeira wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 14:03

Because you can give up control of the ship when it's within a few km of those stations. It then either magically jumps away or idles around and can be boarded again :arrow: a good opportunity to train marines for free.
In AP, if it was too large to dock with the target station, the turned over ship will head towards the nearest gate and be removed from the gate after transiting. But yeah, until then it's a free opportunity for a second boarding. Just remember to use spacewalk boarding to save on pods.

Chull
x4

Post by Chull » Sun, 4. Jul 21, 11:56

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 12:57
justdrew90 wrote:
You can still aquire them though after 1.2 from RRF ships, just takes more effort/time.
All religions are all nonsense

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 19:24

Chull wrote:
Sun, 4. Jul 21, 11:56
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 2. Jul 21, 12:57
justdrew90 wrote:
You can still aquire them though after 1.2 from RRF ships, just takes more effort/time.
They have cargo bay shielding though.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 6. Jul 21, 23:51

Deeparth wrote:
Tue, 6. Jul 21, 19:24
Every Rapid Response ship that I have seen with a Jump Beacon had Cargo Bay Shielding, but not all of them do. There's at least one post saying they found a Beacon on a Response ship which didn't have Shielding and acquired it with the Cargo Bay Hacker. I'm guessing the odds are low, but possible.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Wed, 7. Jul 21, 10:44

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 6. Jul 21, 23:51
Deeparth wrote:
Tue, 6. Jul 21, 19:24
Every Rapid Response ship that I have seen with a Jump Beacon had Cargo Bay Shielding, but not all of them do. There's at least one post saying they found a Beacon on a Response ship which didn't have Shielding and acquired it with the Cargo Bay Hacker. I'm guessing the odds are low, but possible.
Guess it may have spawned in the game before the patches? Wonder if there is a random chance for every RR ship to have one, or there is a set number of them in the universe, or maybe if the few that are already in got destroyed then you're out of luck.

ranzolger
x4

Post by ranzolger » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 10:31

Another easy way for some money (may include some save & load):

Head to an equipment dock with 2 tractor beams in stock.
Use cargo bay hack to steal one of them.
Dock and sell for >700k.
Repeat.

As tractor beams are 'S' sized wares you can use any ship and its unlikely to be detected. If you steal both at the same time you may increase detection rate, see here.

Recommended sectors: third redemption and perditions end.

sideer
x3tc

Post by sideer » Thu, 8. Jul 21, 10:35

I would gladly pay 200m/permanent jump beacon or even more for a blueprint I can use to make them. This would make initial sectors (which do not require fleet protection) better choice that other sectors which have higher chance of enemies present in them.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 16:34

I finally got my jump beacon of captured Xenon J and I guess it may be a helpful reminder for some that you can send another wave of boarding pods when the current boarding operation is ongoing :)
Took me like 10 reloads to recall that fact, and after I had send a second wave the ship was mine first try.
I have lost 12 of my 40 finest marines, but oh well, still beats chasing a commonwealth ship with 7500 or 14000(!) ecells onboard hopping around the whole universe, losing a bit of relations each jump. I think.

also that's still quite a lot of legwork just to make a system I've already payed through my nose actually usable...

Chull
x4

Post by Chull » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 09:42

I found a beacon on an enemy Thresher, but couldn't board it at the time. Later on got really lucky and found a friendly ship with one and no cargo shielding, a quick bit of hacking and it was mine. It was a slight anti-climax considering I was preparing to send my marines against fully anti-boarding equipped capitols in order to get one, but I'll take the easy one too as it's my first.
All religions are all nonsense

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 18:43

ranzolger wrote:
Thu, 8. Jul 21, 10:31
Another easy way for some money (may include some save & load):

Head to an equipment dock with 2 tractor beams in stock.
Use cargo bay hack to steal one of them.
Dock and sell for >700k.
Repeat.

As tractor beams are 'S' sized wares you can use any ship and its unlikely to be detected. If you steal both at the same time you may increase detection rate, see here.

Recommended sectors: third redemption and perditions end.
It works even better if you do it with Phased Shockwave Generators, in my game the equipment docks in those two sectors had 2 each and they have a capacity of 4 so you can steal up to 3. You get 2 straight away and the third a few seconds later, I was using the TP I got as part of the plot to do this. Because my normal means of getting credits (station protection and construction) were no longer viable the only means left was personnel transport. A decent fare at the start can get 250-500k, if they don't insist on using a TP class ship. In AP it would specify in the mission description if you HAD to use one, in FL it doesn't because most of the ones that don't say in the description still won't get in anything but. :evil:

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Thu, 22. Jul 21, 19:17

The rule of thumb is that when the mission type is Trade (orange money icon) you can do them with a TM ship, if the mission is Tech (white lightbulb), you need a TP.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 05:10

Novvak wrote:
Thu, 22. Jul 21, 19:17
The rule of thumb is that when the mission type is Trade (orange money icon) you can do them with a TM ship, if the mission is Tech (white lightbulb), you need a TP.
Thanks, that should save me much frustration with these fussy customers! :D

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 15:46

Fussy is exactly the right word.
Because of passengers being so spoiled, I have named my TP "Little Palace" to highlight just how luxurious this ship it is!

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 16:50

Novvak wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 15:46
Fussy is exactly the right word.
Because of passengers being so spoiled, I have named my TP "Little Palace" to highlight just how luxurious this ship it is!
Do TPs still need cargo life support system or is it redundant on those ships? Thanks to the dynamic rep pirate bases are now only letting me dock but won't let me buy the CLS.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 17:38

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 16:50
Do TPs still need cargo life support system or is it redundant on those ships? Thanks to the dynamic rep pirate bases are now only letting me dock but won't let me buy the CLS.
Passenger Transports have life support built in. CLS is also available at:
Spoiler
Show
Teladi Trading Station Merchant Haven, and Strong Arms stations in Rhonkar's Trial

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”