Drone types and M7Ds

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

What is the best M7D?

Guppy
24%
Ariadne
14%
Cormorant
14%
Maccana
29%
Panther
5%
Griffon
14%

Total votes: 21

cheef.che
x4

Re: Drone types and M7Ds

Post by cheef.che » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 20:17

Klord wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 20:01
I have another problem associated with the my Guppy. It keeps sending Task completed message every few seconds. Had to turn off notifications to get rid of that. Looks like some kind of script is running in it. :roll:
I have exactly the same! And turned off notifications too, cause it doesn't stop spamming me

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 21:37

Oh nice. I thought my Guppy is bugged. :D
Looks like a common issue.

Now I have amassed 4 M7Ds.
1. Guppy - Average performances in all aspects
2. Cormorant - Huge Cargo, highest shielding, but slow as a brick
3. Ariadne - 24 drones (highest)
4. Maccana - 10 drones (lowest), but high shielding and many weapons'

I have yet to find a Griffon, Panther and am not sure whether Yaki have an M7D (Kariudo?).

What is the best M7D in your opinion? I know they all have their relative usefulness. Just wanted to see whether some of them have an edge over the rest. I have no intention to fly it myself though. :D
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Night_Dragon
x3

Post by Night_Dragon » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 10:00

For the Panther ( M7D Version) it is from sending Diplomats to the Split on a Access Ships Mission. You can buy it at 4/4. Might be same for the other ones wirh their Race.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 00:16

Night_Dragon wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 10:00
For the Panther ( M7D Version) it is from sending Diplomats to the Split on a Access Ships Mission. You can buy it at 4/4. Might be same for the other ones wirh their Race.
I would like to cap the Griffon and Panther rather than using diplomatic options. Im not in very good terms with either of the sides. Thats why I would like to know whether have you guys seen them flying around. :)
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 02:33

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 19:54
no they dont do the actual boarding, but they can distribute marines, so if you have a boarding vessel in sector, when it launches all its marines, the drones will then bring it more so it could keep sending them. They will also pick up marines in space that can then be used again. You just need another supply of marines in the sector, like a TP full of marines
I can't get this to work. I've tried with both spacewalk and pod boarding from an Acinonyx and a Sirokos while I had a TP full of marines near a Griffon set to distribute marines. The Griffon just sat there doing nothing with its drones docked both during and after the boarding operation. Are there other conditions to this distribution command?

The "scan asteroid with drones" command also doesn't seem to do anything unless the M7D is sitting right on top of an asteroid (and it only scans that one asteroid). The mining command also only seems to work with debris, unlike the other mining commands...

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 11:32

Klord wrote:
Sat, 5. Jun 21, 00:16
Night_Dragon wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 10:00
I would like to cap the Griffon and Panther rather than using diplomatic options. Im not in very good terms with either of the sides. Thats why I would like to know whether have you guys seen them flying around. :)
I have seen a few panthers around splits sometime send them against Argons entering their sectors. Check around Cho's defeat but there are a lot of split ships in the area if you are not friendly.
The Split drones could be set in missile defense, what is funny but not really usable since it replace any given order. But that's a nice and funny idea.

Also, mining drone carrier are awesome but maybe a bit too overpowered compared to classical mining fighters, they mines everything so much faster than a few falcons lol and they cost a lot less too.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”