Drone types and M7Ds

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

What is the best M7D?

Guppy
24%
Ariadne
14%
Cormorant
14%
Maccana
29%
Panther
5%
Griffon
14%

Total votes: 21

Klord
x3ap

Drone types and M7Ds

Post by Klord » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 11:33

I have 2 queries regarding drones.

1. How many types of drones are there and what are their purposes?

2. Does each M7D comes with a specific drone?
For an example, I bought a Guppy and it had "Drone extended" which seem to be some sort of an advanced drone. Does other M7Ds also has their specific drones? If so, what are they?
Last edited by Klord on Thu, 3. Jun 21, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

RunGiantBoom
x4

Re: Drone types and M7Ds

Post by RunGiantBoom » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 11:40

Klord wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 11:33
I have 2 queries regarding drones.

1. How many types of drones are there and what are their purposes?

2. Does each M7D comes with a specific drone?
For an example, I bought a Guppy and it had "Drone extended" which seem to be some sort of an advanced drone. Does other M7Ds also has their specific drones? If so, what are they?
Argon have drones similar to "Drone extended" but a bit weaker. Teladi have mining drones. I propose that split may have fighting drones. Working on check that

chip56

Post by chip56 » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 11:43

I can show you the teladi drone:
https://ibb.co/7XHQ7gr

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 11:50

chip56 wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 11:43
I can show you the teladi drone:
https://ibb.co/7XHQ7gr
This sure looks like a mining drone, considering it has high shielding. Teladi profitsss.
RunGiantBoom wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 11:40
Argon have drones similar to "Drone extended" but a bit weaker. Teladi have mining drones. I propose that split may have fighting drones. Working on check that
> So far I capped a Cormorant & an Ariadne. Bought a Guppy too which is the only buyable M7D without meddling with diplomacy. I heard that M7Ds are bugged in this version and it wont provide drone blueprint if you REd the drone carrier. Is it true? If so Ill wait till the next patch to reengineering.

> Have you seen Griffon, Panther and Maccana M7Ds flying around? If so, please let me know where. I would like to cap them too as they arent buyable without diplomacy.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 11:57

Each race has their own drone. All the drones have the same basic functionality, but they each have 1 additional ability.
All drones can be used on all drone carriers, and the commands available will be dependent on what drones are available.

The Boron drone has additional repair lasers, essentially they can repair things 3 times quicker than the other drones.
The Argon and Terran Drones can carrier marines, and pickup and distribute marines during boarding operations.
Paranid Drones can fire disruptor missiles which can reduce speed and weapon energy of their targets
Teladi have mining Drones
Spilt have Missile Defence drones
and Yaki have drones that can scan ships to find valuable cargo.

Each drone carrier when bought will come with 4 of their drones and the blueprint to build more (fixed in 1.2)
Reverse engineering a drone carrier you have stolen will give the blueprint for both the carrier and their drone

BorisBogdanov

Post by BorisBogdanov » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 12:00

I have unlocked the terran, boron and split drone in my game. Only the Split drone can carry weapons (it has 4 slots but only comes woth 2 guns and 1 repair laser installed). Atm there is a Bug where the split drone will use its repair laser to attack too which pretty much negates the damage of its 2 tiny guns. Drones atm are only good for repairing your ships. For fighting they are extremly useless as they take 90 minutes to build and dont do any damage.

PS: By clever use of HQ equipment presets and tranfer ware to another ship it is possible to install 2 additional guns on the split drone. Sadly the carrier removes those when it lauches the drones even if u save the 4 gun loudout as a preset.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 12:12

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 11:57
Each race has their own drone. All the drones have the same basic functionality, but they each have 1 additional ability.
All drones can be used on all drone carriers, and the commands available will be dependent on what drones are available.

The Boron drone has additional repair lasers, essentially they can repair things 3 times quicker than the other drones.
The Argon and Terran Drones can carrier marines, and pickup and distribute marines during boarding operations.
Paranid Drones can fire disruptor missiles which can reduce speed and weapon energy of their targets

Each drone carrier when bought will come with 4 of their drones and the blueprint to build more (fixed in 1.2)
Reverse engineering a drone carrier you have stolen will give the blueprint for both the carrier and their drone
Thank you very much for the explanation. I though the reengineering for the drone blueprint is also bugged in 1.1.
Havent seen the Kariudo yet. Looks like the only way to obtain it through Diplomacy.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 13:07

the reverse engineering blueprint should work. Its the buying them that is broken and fixed in 1.2

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 15:48

Thanks for the clarification. :)

I tried to repair my Griffon with Guppy (it has 6 DE drones). But nothing happens. I get the voice notification as command accepted, but ship just stay still doing nothing. Griffon has 99% hull though. Is it the problem? Or am I missing something here?

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 16:13

Klord wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 15:48
I tried to repair my Griffon with Guppy (it has 6 DE drones). But nothing happens. I get the voice notification as command accepted, but ship just stay still doing nothing. Griffon has 99% hull though. Is it the problem? Or am I missing something here?
Have same issue. Argon M7D command "repair ships in sector" working fine on ts, but drones don't want repair 80% brigantine.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 17:33

I think there maybe a cap to the level a ship can be repaired through drones. I got the Aran and the drones are happily repairing it. Have to see to which level they will complete the repair process. Anyhow, I love these stuff in FL. Lots of interesting new content. Ultimatum of X3 !!!

Thandrall
x4

Post by Thandrall » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 17:34

Cycrow wrote:

So are you saying the argon/terran drones can act like boarding pods?

cheef.che
x4

Post by cheef.che » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 18:54

Klord wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 15:48
Thanks for the clarification. :)

I have Guppy with 4 bundled and one additional drone. And it repairs everything except my Hyperion Vanguard with 99% hull. Seems some minor issue we could live with :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 19:54

Thandrall wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 17:34
Cycrow wrote:

So are you saying the argon/terran drones can act like boarding pods?
no they dont do the actual boarding, but they can distribute marines, so if you have a boarding vessel in sector, when it launches all its marines, the drones will then bring it more so it could keep sending them. They will also pick up marines in space that can then be used again. You just need another supply of marines in the sector, like a TP full of marines

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 20:01

cheef.che wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 18:54
I have Guppy with 4 bundled and one additional drone. And it repairs everything except my Hyperion Vanguard with 99% hull. Seems some minor issue we could live with :D
Me too. Drones wont repair my Griffon with 99%. But they fully restored my Aran to 100%. :)

I have another problem associated with the my Guppy. It keeps sending Task completed message every few seconds. Had to turn off notifications to get rid of that. Looks like some kind of script is running in it. :roll:

cheef.che
x4

Post by cheef.che » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 20:17

Klord wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 20:01
I have another problem associated with the my Guppy. It keeps sending Task completed message every few seconds. Had to turn off notifications to get rid of that. Looks like some kind of script is running in it. :roll:
I have exactly the same! And turned off notifications too, cause it doesn't stop spamming me

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 21:37

Oh nice. I thought my Guppy is bugged. :D
Looks like a common issue.

Now I have amassed 4 M7Ds.
1. Guppy - Average performances in all aspects
2. Cormorant - Huge Cargo, highest shielding, but slow as a brick
3. Ariadne - 24 drones (highest)
4. Maccana - 10 drones (lowest), but high shielding and many weapons'

I have yet to find a Griffon, Panther and am not sure whether Yaki have an M7D (Kariudo?).

What is the best M7D in your opinion? I know they all have their relative usefulness. Just wanted to see whether some of them have an edge over the rest. I have no intention to fly it myself though. :D

Night_Dragon
x3

Post by Night_Dragon » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 10:00

For the Panther ( M7D Version) it is from sending Diplomats to the Split on a Access Ships Mission. You can buy it at 4/4. Might be same for the other ones wirh their Race.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 00:16

Night_Dragon wrote:
Fri, 4. Jun 21, 10:00
For the Panther ( M7D Version) it is from sending Diplomats to the Split on a Access Ships Mission. You can buy it at 4/4. Might be same for the other ones wirh their Race.
I would like to cap the Griffon and Panther rather than using diplomatic options. Im not in very good terms with either of the sides. Thats why I would like to know whether have you guys seen them flying around. :)

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 02:33

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 3. Jun 21, 19:54
no they dont do the actual boarding, but they can distribute marines, so if you have a boarding vessel in sector, when it launches all its marines, the drones will then bring it more so it could keep sending them. They will also pick up marines in space that can then be used again. You just need another supply of marines in the sector, like a TP full of marines
I can't get this to work. I've tried with both spacewalk and pod boarding from an Acinonyx and a Sirokos while I had a TP full of marines near a Griffon set to distribute marines. The Griffon just sat there doing nothing with its drones docked both during and after the boarding operation. Are there other conditions to this distribution command?

The "scan asteroid with drones" command also doesn't seem to do anything unless the M7D is sitting right on top of an asteroid (and it only scans that one asteroid). The mining command also only seems to work with debris, unlike the other mining commands...

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”