Interplanetary Drive system missing cannot activate HSAPs

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Chull
x4

Interplanetary Drive system missing cannot activate HSAPs

Post by Chull » Mon, 31. May 21, 19:34

Hi,
I know the IDS is linked to the player and not the ship, however it's been a while since I did the starting quests and have changed ship a few times. Now I come to do a few HSAPs and activate in them after placing the 3 beacons stays greyed out. I checked my pilot status and its not listed with various other player inventory items anymore.

It's in the encyclopedia but no one sells one, so is there a way to get one back legitimately or is there a cheat to give me mine back? any other ideas how to fix it? or is my game screwed?

Thanks for any help
All religions are all nonsense

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Interplanetary Drive system missing cannot activate HSAPs

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 31. May 21, 19:54

The IPDS is bound to your player inventory, and cannot get lost. This is unless...
Spoiler
Show
... you started the Terran plot. In which case you will have to progress the plot in order to learn what happened to your IPDS.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Chull
x4

Post by Chull » Mon, 31. May 21, 20:14

Sorry to say then, I have lost it, it's no longer in my players inventory.

Anyway to get it back?

Chull
x4

Post by Chull » Mon, 31. May 21, 20:32

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Mon, 31. May 21, 19:54
The IPDS is bound to your player inventory, and cannot get lost. This is unless...
Spoiler
Show
... you started the Terran plot. In which case you will have to progress the plot in order to learn what happened to your IPDS.
Also I have chosen the Yaki start, but no IPDS in my player inventory anymore.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 31. May 21, 20:54

Have you read what I wrote in the Spoiler?

If you're sure you haven't started the Terran plot yet, then feel free to upload a save, so we can have a look. Savegames are stored under Documents\Egosoft\X3FL\save. Simply upload it to a file sharing website (like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, easyupload, file-upload.net etc.) and post the link here.
Spoiler
Show
First mission of the Terran plot is following a ship in Brennan's Triumph.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Chull
x4

Post by Chull » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 11:40

Aha! I think I understand now, thanks for reiterating the spoilered section, once I reread it I understood what you meant now. A later plot has been started yes, not the game start I was confusing it with,
thanks for your patience.

NomiChirps
x4

Post by NomiChirps » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 22:03

Ah, this was very confusing, and I'm not sure it's working as intended. I did start the Terran plot, but only the first mission that X2-Illuminatus mentioned in the spoiler, without going any further. Then, much later, I went back to a -different- HSAP and lost my IPD after using it, causing me to get stuck in Dark Waters beta with no way out.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”