[bug?] Some ships not exist outside shipyards (or at all)

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Midnightknight
x4

Re: [bug?] Some ships not exist outside shipyards (or at all)

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 23:12

RunGiantBoom wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 22:41

Strong Arms are a very strange one. I had 10% -5 rep and spent lots of agents to steal PBC forge and marine barracks.
At some point, for test, i spent 1000 influence on notoriety and it went from 10% -5 to 24% +10. I have no idea why it so bumped out.

For yaki 1000 influence points increase from 29% -6 to 30% -6. So i must spend 6*70 agent tasks on Yaki rep just to get -5. it is around 70 agents. How many agents necessary to get rep for M7D? 150? 200?
Don't bother saying Xenon is wrong, he is right even if he is wrong. He have absolute knowledge of what happens on every game.
Last edited by Midnightknight on Sun, 13. Jun 21, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

DirkHardpec

Post by DirkHardpec » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 00:01

Afallon_Sk wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 22:50
-XeNoN- wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 10:41
RunGiantBoom wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 09:54

ofc we can, but it's hard when you're trying to play as someone who's not everyone's friend. I have -70000 notoriety with Yaki, so it will be a long journey to Kariudo :)
Why Kariudo?? Carrack is best M7 in FL actually
How is Carrack the best M7? I use TIger as my main M7 but I tried the Carrack. In my opinion it lacks firepower because of the low weapon regen and it only has 2x 1GJ shields. It is even described as a ''light frigate'' by Betty. I like that it can use boarding pods and Plasma Beam Cannons though.
You kinda answered your own question, boarding pods and PBCs. Being able to launch 20 marines with pods in a non M7M is a huge advantage. It has good cargo capacity and is also the 3rd or 4th fastest stock as well (discovery pandora crates kind of negate this advantage though).

The Tiger is a solid choice too, but I tried out the Astraeus with PBC's and some of the engine tunings found about and it feels pretty over powered. I think a lot of M7's are strong as long as they have a bit of speed and the player is flying them.
Last edited by DirkHardpec on Sun, 13. Jun 21, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 00:05

DirkHardpec wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 00:01
I tried out the Astraeus with PBC's and some of the engine tunings found about and it feels pretty over powered.
Then you should check out Brigantine. It has 32 PBC and boarding pods :D

But it also requires a lot of pandora upgrades.

DirkHardpec

Post by DirkHardpec » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 00:13

RunGiantBoom wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 00:05
DirkHardpec wrote:
I tried out the Astraeus with PBC's and some of the engine tunings found about and it feels pretty over powered.

That does sound like a lot of fun, but I don't think there are enough pandora crates in the game to make it fast enough to where I wouldn't want to hang myself flying it around (I know you'd jump it to you instead, but I'm still not a fan of piloting M2's even if it's just in one sector).

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 00:34

DirkHardpec wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 00:13
That does sound like a lot of fun, but I don't think there are enough pandora crates in the game to make it fast enough to where I wouldn't want to hang myself flying it around (I know you'd jump it to you instead, but I'm still not a fan of piloting M2's even if it's just in one sector).

You have really many pandora creates in FL and keep in mind they are not a single upgrade when you see on. I was surprised to see my Shrike jump to 141 m/s with only one pandora, cause in fact it was "8 in one create". I checked with the script to locate them and they often come in pack of 4 or 8.

So a single create of 8 would bring the brigantine to 81, (14.8 added every 4 upgrade) and 110.6 with 16, what is still quite reasonable with how many can span in the universe.

Afallon_Sk
x4

Post by Afallon_Sk » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 01:11

DirkHardpec wrote:
RunGiantBoom wrote:
DirkHardpec wrote:

Well I don't know what is fast enough to you but I pumped all pandora crates into a Pteranodon and it's current speed is 525m/s which is faster than most ships in the game.

DirkHardpec

Post by DirkHardpec » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 02:22

Afallon_Sk wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 01:11
DirkHardpec wrote:
RunGiantBoom wrote:

Well I don't know what is fast enough to you but I pumped all pandora crates into a Pteranodon and it's current speed is 525m/s which is faster than most ships in the game.
That's insane, I'd have the opposite problem at that point and probably end up having every faction hate me after I accidentally ram half their fleet. How many crates did that even take?

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 02:42

DirkHardpec wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 02:22
Afallon_Sk wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 01:11
DirkHardpec wrote:

That's insane, I'd have the opposite problem at that point and probably end up having every faction hate me after I accidentally ram half their fleet. How many crates did that even take?
5 m/s per upgrade for the pteranodon if i look on Roguey's website. So it's 90 upgrades between 12 and 24 creates depending how lucky you are.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 07:15

-XeNoN- wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 17:14
WHat are you talking about, maxing notoriety with agents is painfully easy...just spend all tasks and max influence then send another agent to collect influence, just repeat the process...and along the way complete the agent missions, the point is to have only 3 agents available at the time, if you have 5 you wont be able to "restock" the agents

For yaki 1000 influence points increase from 29% -6 to 30% -6. So i must spend 6*70 agent tasks on Yaki rep just to get -5. it is around 70 agents. How many agents necessary to get rep for M7D? 150? 200?
[/quote]

Its not a linear increase AFAIK.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 10:46

RunGiantBoom wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 22:41
Midnightknight wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 19:52
No you are wrong, maybe you should play unmodified a bit. I won't argue again with someone saying things completely wrong for ten posts but you are wrong and completely wrong. Sometime you can effectively take +8 rank at once with an agent and 200 influence, (happens if you are really low) but spending 4000 influence is sometime not enough to gain a single rank without even being caped. I have the issue with Strong Arms currently, and i spend 4000 influence to be high enough to be able to buy PBC cause it progress really slowly, 1000 influence gives around 20% now.
Strong Arms are a very strange one. I had 10% -5 rep and spent lots of agents to steal PBC forge and marine barracks.
At some point, for test, i spent 1000 influence on notoriety and it went from 10% -5 to 24% +10. I have no idea why it so bumped out.

1.0 was easier to get rep's up than 1.1 since there was a rebalance for it in final patch notes
Corporations like Strong Arms, Atreus needs also 6+ notoriety rank to be any effective too
Also for stealing, you need ALOT of agents depends how rare equipment/ ship/ blueprints are, for example i spent around 200 agents so i can have all ship equipment on my HQ
With each unsuccesful steal attempt your chances will go up so its more easier
-XeNoN- wrote:
WHat are you talking about, maxing notoriety with agents is painfully easy...just spend all tasks and max influence then send another agent to collect influence, just repeat the process...and along the way complete the agent missions, the point is to have only 3 agents available at the time, if you have 5 you wont be able to "restock" the agents

You dont need Kariudo, i suggest you get Guppy or Panther ones, but Guppy is a must cause of those Drone Extended :), also again take note, the reason i said you NEED main race notoriety and corporate notoriety up is because game will automatically drop you to negative rank if you have negative rank with corresponding race, happened to me when i wanted to buy Guppy from Atreus because capped one didnt gave me Drone Extended blueprint, and Drone Extended is too useful to pass. Also i suggest you to check if corporations are allies with that race too or friends, if they are you NEED to have positive rank with that race
If you want any pirate/Yaki ships, just train marines on them and steal them with boarding too
For example i capped Xenon I in less than 7 days or so after FL came out, the reason was i just trained marines with Acinonyx and capped tons of pirate/Yaki ships, imo if you want beast M7 which is easy to get it's Carrack, which is more tankier, can mount PBC's and fire Boarding Pods, although for Boarding Acinonyx is abit better in that area

To add:

You only need -2 with StrongArms for example to get any missions + apologize to stop the attacks on you, every mission youget in Rhonkar's Trial is from Strong Arms so you can easily get rank up but remember that you need high Split positive notoriety rank otherwise getting positive with Strong Arms will be very hard
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 13. Jun 21, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged two posts into one

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 10:49

Afallon_Sk wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 22:50
-XeNoN- wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 10:41
RunGiantBoom wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 09:54

ofc we can, but it's hard when you're trying to play as someone who's not everyone's friend. I have -70000 notoriety with Yaki, so it will be a long journey to Kariudo :)
Why Kariudo?? Carrack is best M7 in FL actually
How is Carrack the best M7? I use TIger as my main M7 but I tried the Carrack. In my opinion it lacks firepower because of the low weapon regen and it only has 2x 1GJ shields. It is even described as a ''light frigate'' by Betty. I like that it can use boarding pods and Plasma Beam Cannons though.
You just answered it yourself

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:01

-XeNoN- wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 10:46
If you want any pirate/Yaki ships, just train marines on them and steal them with boarding too
Dude. That's what we are trying to explain to you. "Some ships not exist outside shipyards" so you can't capture them.

Also as Cycrow said in another post: All M7D have unique drones. Yaki drones can scan cargo and i wanna test this :)

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:13

RunGiantBoom wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:01
-XeNoN- wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 10:46
Dude. That's what we are trying to explain to you. "Some ships not exist outside shipyards" so you can't capture them.

Also as Cycrow said in another post: All M7D have unique drones. Yaki drones can scan cargo and i wanna test this :)
Then how do you explain this:

https://i.imgur.com/hWNbyXN.png

I havent played 1.2 yet but as you can see M7D/M7M are also checked including M7 that's what i have in my Jobs entry for Yaki and it should spawn

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 12:06

Deeparth wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 07:15
-XeNoN- wrote:

To get out of the lowest rank, you have to kill enemies of the yaki in their sectors. M6 or higher work best. Just link your hub between two yaki sectors and kill some paranids. Four or five M6 should suffice. Then use one agent from -4 to +9 :mrgreen:

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 10:39

Deianeira wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 12:06
Deeparth wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 07:15

To get out of the lowest rank, you have to kill enemies of the yaki in their sectors. M6 or higher work best. Just link your hub between two yaki sectors and kill some paranids. Four or five M6 should suffice. Then use one agent from -4 to +9 :mrgreen:
As i said :), using game mechanics

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”