[FL-609] Bug? Question about a certain special ship

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Da-V-Man
x4

[FL-609] Bug? Question about a certain special ship

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 29. May 21, 06:54

Spoiler
Show
How many ships can the Kogarasu Maru dock? The ship info says it both has a hangar size of 2, but also only one external docking port. If I try to dock a second ship, it waits until I undock the first ship. It seems like one of those numbers is incorrect.
Last edited by Da-V-Man on Sat, 29. May 21, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Gryoz
x4

Re: Question about a certain special ship

Post by Gryoz » Sat, 29. May 21, 07:33

Spoiler
Show
Yea I was confused about this as well, I think it's only supposed to dock 1 ship as it only has the 1 external slot, but it's weird the description says it has space for 2.

RenX3

Post by RenX3 » Sat, 29. May 21, 08:46

Spoiler
Show
i had same problem with the Hyperion but then i tried another ship and it docked. Did you tried another ship or the same ship over and over again?

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 29. May 21, 09:02

RenX3 wrote:
Sat, 29. May 21, 08:46
Spoiler
Show
i had same problem with the Hyperion but then i tried another ship and it docked. Did you tried another ship or the same ship over and over again?
Spoiler
Show
I do not have a Hyperion to try with at the moment if that's what you mean. I did not try with more than the two m3/m4 ships I had available to me at the time.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Klord
x3ap

Re: Bug? Question about a certain special ship

Post by Klord » Sun, 30. May 21, 15:20

I can confirm this. Even though its stated that it can dock 2 smaller ships. Maru can only dock one ship.

I dunno about Hyperion though. It was able to dock 2 ships back in AP/TC.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [FL-609] Bug? Question about a certain special ship

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 30. May 21, 15:54

That indeed does not look right, added to internal bugtracker.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

RenX3

Post by RenX3 » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 12:11

What i meant is - Hyperion can 100% dock 2 ships but it appears that sometimes the 2nd ship has an issue docking at the Hyp.
I undocked then the first let the 2nd dock first afterwards and then the 1st as 2nd and it worked to have both docked.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 17:48

RenX3 wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 12:11
What i meant is - Hyperion can 100% dock 2 ships but it appears that sometimes the 2nd ship has an issue docking at the Hyp.
I undocked then the first let the 2nd dock first afterwards and then the 1st as 2nd and it worked to have both docked.
Docking ships routinely get stuck and just park near the carrier. I've seen it happen with many carriers, but it seems to happen more often with the Hyperion. Maybe it is something to do with two incoming ships reserving the same docking port.

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Thu, 17. Jun 21, 18:06

Hwitvlf wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 17:48
RenX3 wrote:
Thu, 17. Jun 21, 12:11
Docking ships routinely get stuck and just park near the carrier. I've seen it happen with many carriers, but it seems to happen more often with the Hyperion. Maybe it is something to do with two incoming ships reserving the same docking port.
Which is why its much faster to use transporter device and instantly land the ships with docking computer yourself...

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”