Help for Achievements

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Ezendeir
xr

Help for Achievements

Post by Ezendeir » Thu, 27. May 21, 20:11

Good evening, I wanted to ask if someone has already completed the following achievements:

- Jail Time (Getting caught in the Black Market)
- You've Been Duked

If so, how did you do it? I've tried the first one while running on SETA, but nothing happens apparently. For the second one, well... I just don't have a clue what to do. Thank you in advance.
Each battle a chance to grow.

Thandrall
x4

Re: Help for Achievements

Post by Thandrall » Fri, 28. May 21, 17:33

Ezendeir wrote:
Thu, 27. May 21, 20:11
Good evening, I wanted to ask if someone has already completed the following achievements:

- Jail Time (Getting caught in the Black Market)
- You've Been Duked

If so, how did you do it? I've tried the first one while running on SETA, but nothing happens apparently. For the second one, well... I just don't have a clue what to do. Thank you in advance.
I'd guess the first one is buy something from the black market with you in control of the ship, then undock and wait for a police vessel to scan you without cargo sheilding?

Second one is the Duke has M7M's, and can board your ships.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 28. May 21, 18:11

Jail time will trigger when you get a fine after being caught, if you are scanned afterwards, this doesn't count for the achievement.

the fine is currently not working correctly though, and will be fixed in 1.2

Thandrall
x4

Post by Thandrall » Fri, 28. May 21, 19:14

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 18:11
Jail time will trigger when you get a fine after being caught, if you are scanned afterwards, this doesn't count for the achievement.

Wait, so when you buy something from the black market, theres a chance to "caught" is that it? How does that work? Is it only if you do it or any of your pilots? Is there a rep hit? Or is it only money? Do you lose anything items you brought of the black market? Sorry for the questions just curious.

cheef.che
x4

Post by cheef.che » Fri, 28. May 21, 19:20

Thandrall wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 19:14
Wait, so when you buy something from the black market, theres a chance to "caught" is that it? How does that work? Is it only if you do it or any of your pilots? Is there a rep hit? Or is it only money? Do you lose anything items you brought of the black market? Sorry for the questions just curious.
I was trading OOS with my Drake on blackmarket and after he undocked I've get achievement because he was catched. From map I saw that he dropped all illegal cargo into space and jumped away. BTW he has installed "Cargo Bay Shielding", so I'm not sure it's working at all.

Ezendeir
xr

Post by Ezendeir » Fri, 28. May 21, 19:51

Thandrall wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 17:33

I'd guess the first one is buy something from the black market with you in control of the ship, then undock and wait for a police vessel to scan you without cargo sheilding?

So, wait, enemy ships can board our ships in FL? Or is it just the Duke's? I've noticed that the Pirate Capitals can board ships using Pods too. But I never saw them in action.
Each battle a chance to grow.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 28. May 21, 20:03

Thandrall wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 18:11

the is a chance of being caught, there are a number of factors gourvening this chance, but the main one is the total cost of your order
if you are caught there are a number of consequences that could happen. This can include a fine, loosing your bought goods, attention from customs and in very rare cases, hostile to the whole sector
cheef.che wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 19:20
Thandrall wrote:
I was trading OOS with my Drake on blackmarket and after he undocked I've get achievement because he was catched. From map I saw that he dropped all illegal cargo into space and jumped away. BTW he has installed "Cargo Bay Shielding", so I'm not sure it's working at all.
The cargo bay shielding wont help you from getting caught, as it happens upon the transaction, not by scanning your cargo hold.
Also, the cargo bay shielding is not 100% effective, it can fail. However when it succeeds, it hides itself and all illegal wares from scanners, this also includes if you scan pirate ships that are protected. But as it hides itself, you wont know its even there

SurfingSpaceMonkey

Post by SurfingSpaceMonkey » Fri, 28. May 21, 20:28

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but today I discovered another use of Cargobay Shielding: it grants immunity to the Cargobay hacker. Found out when I tried to snatch some goodies from a pirate brigantine.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 28. May 21, 22:07

SurfingSpaceMonkey wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 20:28
today I discovered another use of Cargobay Shielding: it grants immunity to the Cargobay hacker.
That's what the Plot Phase 2 usage should imply: some of those Duke's ships will have CBS, therefore you can't hack them
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Leech183
x4

Post by Leech183 » Sun, 20. Jun 21, 16:47

Ezendeir wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 19:51
Thandrall wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 17:33

So, wait, enemy ships can board our ships in FL? Or is it just the Duke's? I've noticed that the Pirate Capitals can board ships using Pods too. But I never saw them in action.
So, can anyone tell us what triggers the Duke Achievement?
There seems to be no Mission.
Board one of the Duke´s Boarding Ships does not help.
And wiping the Dukes Sector or getting killed by the Dukes Ships is not working too.

What shall we do...? :D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”