[BUG] Game Breaking! Changing Ship from Mammoth leaves behind all pilot inventory (LFL, Police Licences, everything!)

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: [BUG] Game Breaking! Changing Ship from Mammoth leaves behind all pilot inventory (LFL, Police Licences, everything!

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 2. Aug 21, 09:47

Hwitvlf wrote:
Fri, 30. Jul 21, 06:22
Yeah, X3 is a quirky game. I just take the good with the bad try to have fun. I just did some testing and:

Using "Follow Me" instead of "Jump to Me" did prevent the ships from attacking enemies in the sector. The encyclopedia really should be updated to reflect this.

I was wrong about losing the license for attacking neutrals in Teladi space. I've lost the Goner license for defending against Argons in Goner space, but they 'friendly', not just neutral to each other. But attacking neutrals does turn Teladi patrol ships hostile temporarily.

For me, it's not using AI controlled ships that resets the Platforms, it's opening the 'info' menu on an enemy ship (from the map) when you're OOS.
Thing that is game breaking for me, is the quantity of Strong Arms that spawn over and over. I don't think it would be soo bad if your rep didn't sink soo quickly. And any gains through diplomats is miniscule. If I even try it's going to tank everybody else at this point. They are almost to the 4 red bar point. I stopped using Shore of Infinity because it is an endless wave of them as well for me. I don't mind taking the ships that bail, but they have a new wave spawn by the time I am able to get my acquisition docked anywhere. Having a RRF spawn in system because they attacked your factory which was guarded by a laser tower (or 5) is also breaking to me. And the fact that most factions don't seem to protect there own space against anyone except the player sucks. The flip side, kinda funny to see a Megalodon permanently in Rolk's Legacy. But the rest of that zone doesn't have anything protecting it. Shore of Infinity has had about 3 Qs invade it. The last time it did, it attacked my freighter from a distance. The freighter jumped out successfully, but came immediately back in. I was able to turn off the manager quickly and get control. I ended up jumping in personally and taking it out with my Nemesis. Took me about an hour of dog fighting it, but I eventually popped it.

They really need to put an emergency control option on all station manager controlled ships. And emergency override that forces the control options back, and allow you to command it.

I also rarely see rapid response ships. Aladna Hill so far has been attacked by a Q at least 3 or 4 times, followed by a K. I kinda watched it get annihilated by OTAS and Argon Destroyers. Amusing.

I've only lost a license twice to this point. Once was from leaving the prologue missions, you lose the Boron license once it completes. And the OTAS pulled my Argon License for entering Legend's Home. I was neutral with them, but not Argon. Federation Martial with Argon. Wish the devs would fix that.

Unfortunately you can't see the Platforms unless you got a ship in system with them in scanner range. I aint about to do that. I hope they fix asteroid respawning from OOS mining. I've just about mined out the one sector of Nividium. The up side is I am sitting on almost 300 million credits now.

Oh, the Headquarters will also allow NPC ships to sell items listed as Storage only to it. That is also annoying.

Do you happen to know if the factions will scan and find the undiscovered sectors on there own if you don't?
Spoiler
Show
Also, I know they added the Khaak Gamma Kyon to the game for manufacture.
My question is, did they add a way to get a Destroyer? The Corvette only equips up to the Beta. Unless the Goner "True Light Seeker" can equip it.
Maybe the Jump To Me command should be renamed, "Help I'm Under Attack!" lol.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”