[BUG] Player owned AI Ships only buying 1 of any item and ships not buying e-cells any more.

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Drone_101
x4

[BUG] Player owned AI Ships only buying 1 of any item and ships not buying e-cells any more.

Post by Drone_101 » Tue, 18. May 21, 15:48

Unmodified 1.0 Steam

"Remote best buy" and "Buy ware" orders are now only buying a single unit of any ware requested in my current save, they were fine before. New games are unaffected. AI controlled ships with jump drives and Fuel Resupply Quantity have also stopped buying any Energy Cells at all. The player ship is unaffected and will still resupply e-cells. Only noticed this was happening after a while so it's too late to go back to an earlier save. It's rather annoying having to manually buy every Energy Cell for every ship and Traders become useless when they don't have enough energy to jump/emergancy jump.

Was surprised this bug persisted past closing and reopening the game. Think it began when I fired a Station Manager who was costing me 7.2million credits a day and changed a bunch of the ships it used to control over to "Sell ware" and "Sell ware for best price" orders while they were trying to fly back home in response to the Station Manager being removed. Not certain though, I don't know exactly what caused this. May also have been me using Remote best buy to perchase the entire universe supply of Microchips, ISRs, HEPT and Ion Disruptors. Have tried verifying game files then reinstalling the game.

Copy of the save file: https://easyupload.io/clqrou

Can somebody test it on their version of the game, just dock any ship at a SPP (The TS Vulture I "Sweeper" is right on one, just undock and redock him) and see if it will buy e-cells for it's jump drive resupply.

P.S. How does Station manger pay scale? It seems to a little high - 300,000 credits an hour, on the hour, every hour, for a simple self sufficient SPP complex with a couple of missile and water fabs is more than half the station's profits.
https://i.imgur.com/gRZ61Yg.jpeg

But sacking him seems to have ruined my save breaking Buy orders and stopping ships being able to auto buy e-cells for jump fuel. :evil:

Drone_101
x4

Re: [BUG] Player owned AI Ships only buying 1 of any item and ships not buying e-cells any more.

Post by Drone_101 » Tue, 18. May 21, 16:20

Tried re-hiring the Station Manager I sacked to see if it might fix it but no dice, Remote Best Buy, Buy Ware and energy cell resupply still don't work :?

Klord
x3ap

Re: [BUG] Player owned AI Ships only buying 1 of any item and ships not buying e-cells any more.

Post by Klord » Tue, 18. May 21, 20:29

What do you mean by energy sell resupply? Are you using the "Refuel Ships" command or is it just ships buying their predetermined energy cells when landing in a station?
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Drone_101
x4

Post by Drone_101 » Tue, 18. May 21, 21:17

The Refuel setting unlocked by Navigation Command software. Ships just stopped buying e-cells no matter what it's set to.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 11:22

Drone_101 wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 21:17
The Refuel setting unlocked by Navigation Command software. Ships just stopped buying e-cells no matter what it's set to.
I also have the same problem with "buy ware for best price" command on ship homebased with the hub. Just sits there searching for trade route. Worked for many hours previously OK. just stopped working and I ran out of energy cells. Tried Station Manager - same result.

Ecells set to trade(or resource): min price 12: min hold 0 or 5000.

Buy ware command works fine.

Has anyone got a silver bullet?

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 17:32

150147 wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 11:22
I also have the same problem with "buy ware for best price" command on ship homebased with the hub. Just sits there searching for trade route. Worked for many hours previously OK. just stopped working and I ran out of energy cells. Tried Station Manager - same result.
I'm using this same setup and haven't had a problem so far. I think the "Minimum Storage" setting prevents docking ships form using the reserved amount for refueling. If the freighter can't refuel, it won't fly through hostile territory. For e-cells, I keep it set to "resource" which doesn't have a minimum storage setting, and merchants (NPC or my own) can't swoop in and buy up my stock @ 12cr.

I'm sure you already checked the obvious: station has enough credits, trade range includes viable selling stations, and your freighter's jump drive is set so that it has a safe path across hostile territory?
Last edited by Hwitvlf on Tue, 8. Jun 21, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 17:58

Drone_101 wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 15:48
Can somebody test it on their version of the game, just dock any ship at a SPP (The TS Vulture I "Sweeper" is right on one, just undock and redock him) and see if it will buy e-cells for it's jump drive resupply.
But sacking him seems to have ruined my save breaking Buy orders and stopping ships being able to auto buy e-cells for jump fuel. :evil:
The issue is that your HQ is out of funds. The Vulture, whose homebaseed at HQ, can't afford to refuel I'm guessing that's also why freighters started buying 1 E-cell? I keep my Merchants homebased to my HQ so their income gets added to the station coffers. You could probably set up an auto-transfer as well. :)

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 21:45

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 17:32
150147 wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 11:22
I'm using this same setup and haven't had a problem so far. I think the "Minimum Storage" setting prevents docking ships form using the reserved amount for refueling. If the freighter can't refuel, it won't fly through hostile territory. For e-cells, I keep it set to "resource" which doesn't have a minimum storage setting, and merchants (NPC or my own) can't swoop in and buy up my stock @ 12cr.

I'm sure you already checked the obvious: station has enough credits, trade range includes viable selling stations, and your freighter's jump drive is set so that it has a safe path across hostile territory?
Yes (trade/resource made no difference before),yes (640M cr) and yes( trade range and availability and jump settings ok), It all worked before but something seems to have changed and I can't identify what has. All other wares bought and sold - no problem!
Thanks for your reply. Hope something is fixed for v1.2.

raleksandr
x4

Post by raleksandr » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 22:07

The same problem is encountered in 1.2 patch too.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 8. Jun 21, 23:49

raleksandr wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 22:07
Would either of you upload a v1.1 save? I'm nothing to do with the Developers, but just curious to see the issue. One of the Devs might take a look at a save showing the issue.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 12:26

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 23:49
raleksandr wrote:
Tue, 8. Jun 21, 22:07
Would either of you upload a v1.1 save? I'm nothing to do with the Developers, but just curious to see the issue. One of the Devs might take a look at a save showing the issue.
Would be happy to do this if I knew how to. Please explain?

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 17:05

A quote from one of the moderators:
"Savegames are stored under Documents\Egosoft\X3FL\save. Simply upload it to a file sharing website (like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, easyupload, file-upload.net etc.) and post the link here."

I'll add that they're named X01.sav through X13.sav corresponding to the save/autosave slots, also the three games in X3 (TC/AP/FL) each maintain their own set.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”