Next Update - way forward?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Klord
x3ap

Next Update - way forward?

Post by Klord » Tue, 18. May 21, 10:30

Asking this question because I have not been involved in a beta testing before. I discovered the X universe after AP was released in 2011.

1. Beta patch was released a week ago on 11/05/2020. How long will it take to release the full update?

2. Whats the likely scenario that beta saves will be compatible with the full update? I have been running both beta and initial release jumping between them. But didn't progress the story or any meaningful empire growth in beta version thinking that progress will not be able to carry over to the full release.

Thank you. :)
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Re: Next Update - way forward?

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Tue, 18. May 21, 10:45

This is also what I am afraid of. I have put off advancing any further in fear of my saves being incompatible.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 18. May 21, 11:01

Eh hope my 110 hour save wont get fked up xD

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 18. May 21, 11:08

Generally Beta versions are usually save game compatible, but theres always a chance something breaks in the Beta that then cannot be fixed with a new version.

Also this project is a little different, as its largely being done in developers free time, and for some X4 takes priority, so it depend on how much time everyone has available for each update

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 18. May 21, 11:26

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 11:08
Generally Beta versions are usually save game compatible, but theres always a chance something breaks in the Beta that then cannot be fixed with a new version.

Also this project is a little different, as its largely being done in developers free time, and for some X4 takes priority, so it depend on how much time everyone has available for each update
Thanks for clarifying. Totally understand the constraints. Hope we will get the full release soon. :)

IMHO, I think this project has already attracted a considerable amount of old X players. I hope Egosoft will continue to support the dev team who made this gem of a game a success. Keep the good work up Cycrow. :)

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 18. May 21, 11:44

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 11:08

Yea i suspected as much :)

Although i kinda wish X3 Remastered it deserves it tbh with multicore CPU support and updated graphics

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 18. May 21, 12:22

NighTragE wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 11:44
Yea i suspected as much :)

Although i kinda wish X3 Remastered it deserves it tbh with multicore CPU support and updated graphics
Me too !!!

But this is as close as we can get for such a wish. In a way, a dream come true.

Gryoz
x4

Post by Gryoz » Tue, 18. May 21, 13:24

I'm one of those old X3 players returning (started out with Reunion a bit) :D and X3:FL reignited my interest in the series, went back to AP a bit while waiting for the update and will probably try X:R again, and get X4 at some point. Really enjoying being back, and thankful for the devs doing this, especially as i got it for free :P

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”