Fighting off random Xenons in player sector

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Klord
x3ap

Fighting off random Xenons in player sector

Post by Klord » Sun, 16. May 21, 22:38

I think I found the perfect solution for Xenon problem in player sector. I bought an Agamemnon, equipped it with 12 IBL & 10 CIG and parked it at the sector gate. Time to time, I get the satellite warning that there is enemy presence in the sector, but when I check there aint anybody. Because the good old Aggy blows them off.

I managed to observe one fight where she fought a Q ending up with 35% shield remaining after the battle.

Who said theres no M7 to counter Qs in OOS combat? :D
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Re: Fighting off random Xenons in player sector

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sun, 16. May 21, 22:49

Looks like Xenon are actively hunting you down now. I also noticed they often jump out when their shields drop.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 17. May 21, 01:01

I said. The issue is not if Agamemnon will win against a Q, most of the time if you outfited it right for OOS fight it will.
The issue is when you will come back here and complain because a Q luckily outfited for OOS too will go fight your Agamemnon and you will let them fight with confidence only to see you lost your pretty M7.
Cause their stuff is random,and they aren't often fitted with mass PPC, but when it happens ...

Anyway, it should do the trick most of the time, but be careful i had one in AP with a Thresher to support it and lost the Aggy against a single Q, even if the Thresher came to help it (I think the Thresher have been a little too slow to reach the fight in time)

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Mon, 17. May 21, 03:34

Im not complaining but just sharing my experience. General notion among player base is M7s are incapable of dealing with Qs in OOS. This is a valid argument for both TC and AP which I haven't tested much myself. I rarely built huge empires in my X games. I had mobile bases in every game, first with a Mammoth and subsequently replacing it with an Aran, keeping my stockpiles supplied with Supply Command software. So I never had to worry about defending my stations in a specific sector. Attempting it here with a much more active Xenon enemy was kind of a new thing to me.

I dont know if the Agamemnon will hold the gate forever, but it did for 2 game hours now without a scratch and I hope it will continue to do so. :)

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 17. May 21, 03:47

Lol yes.

In fact on the paper most of Xenon ships are total crap (except the I and LX) ... But surprisingly OOS they performs really well mostly because laser regen isn't calculated but not only. An Agamemnon should always win against a Q, it overwhelms it in every aspect but ... Experience in TC/AP showed no M7 could compete with the Q for an unknown reason (at least to me) cause then end up killing almost anything they met at a point or another, sometime they even kill M2 >.< And it's reallllllly random.

In my example the system was doing fine for hours and hours and one Q finally got my M7's head with no special reason ... After this i checked every now and then what was happening OOS with fights against Xenon and i had to admit it was very strange how Qs were able to do such insane damages to almost anything.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 17. May 21, 11:51

The order of attack OOS is not always the same. OOS is sort of "turn based". So it could be that Q makes the first attack, or that your ship makes first attack. If Q goes first and your ship second, and you dont kill the Q in one "turn", it gets to make another attack -> it deals twice the damage compared to what you dealt. One turn of OOS damage for a capital ship is a huge number, so it can make an extreme difference of who goes first.
Setting your ship to Attack Everything order is therefore always better than a Protect order, because protect requires that something is attacked first -> automatically goes second.

Its a bit strange we still get those huge numbers, after all it should be now tweakable via Tlaser since Albion prelude introduced this kind of mechanic. So it should be possible to lower OOS damage by another factor of 2 or 3 maybe, to increase amount of turns required for something to be killed.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Mon, 17. May 21, 16:34

Killjaeden wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 11:51
The order of attack OOS is not always the same. OOS is sort of "turn based". So it could be that Q makes the first attack, or that your ship makes first attack. If Q goes first and your ship second, and you dont kill the Q in one "turn", it gets to make another attack -> it deals twice the damage compared to what you dealt. One turn of OOS damage for a capital ship is a huge number, so it can make an extreme difference of who goes first.
Setting your ship to Attack Everything order is therefore always better than a Protect order, because protect requires that something is attacked first -> automatically goes second.

Its a bit strange we still get those huge numbers, after all it should be now tweakable via Tlaser since Albion prelude introduced this kind of mechanic. So it should be possible to lower OOS damage by another factor of 2 or 3 maybe, to increase amount of turns required for something to be killed.
It killed 2 more Qs (which I managed to observe) without any hull damage since I made this post. Looks like I found a stable sector guard. :)
Thanks for tips regarding the turret configuration, it will be helpful.

Regarding OOS combat adjustment, It would be great if it can be included in a future update. Ships die too fast at the moment. Increasing the duration would give the player an opportunity to react.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”