Station Manager not working on HQ?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Hexadecimal
x4

Station Manager not working on HQ?

Post by Hexadecimal » Sun, 16. May 21, 20:13

Set station manager up on HQ with a dolphin tanker that has shields and a jump drive.

With upgrades set to yes the tanker will automatically go and buy fighters and trading system.

Initially set HQ to have all required resources set as resource with max quantities, some are below set price within 1 jump. Dolphin just sits in station not moving. If I have it set to trade with a minimum storage quantity, it just repeatedly flies to the neighbouring crystal fab with an empty hold to 'sell silicon'.

Am I doing something wrong? surely it should be buying silicon up to my max quantity, not trying to sell silicon that it doesn't have? (below min quantity).

Going to be a real pain in the ass getting mats for the trans orbital gate manufacturing if I have to manually control the traders, talking 20+ trips just for energy sells with the dolphin tanker! an armoured transport would be quicker but still hassle.

Please help! lol

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Station Manager not working on HQ?

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 17. May 21, 01:11

Have you a) given the station some cash to work with, & b) checked your 'incoming ships' list? ISTM that with your prices such as they are, pretty much any NPC trader within range will auto-reserve any cash (& station stock) your ship might try to trade, thus negating any of its actions..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Hexadecimal
x4

Post by Hexadecimal » Mon, 17. May 21, 20:57

Thanks for the reply, sadly doesn't seem to be the case:

Given 1.5mil cr.

Prices left at average (resources available in nearby sectors)

Had a total of 2 npc trades over the space of an hour or so (real time mostly Seta)

Every time checked there were no incoming ships.

Cash depleted due to the extortionately high cost of the manager on the HQ but no resource ever made it past a few hundred and the dolphin never moved.

I have since removed the manager and begun manual trading with an armoured transport and a 15k hold but it's going to be a long grind to getting a gate operational. Dolphin is slowly working resource by resource on Buy ware for best price.

Would still be nice to discover why it isn't working though :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 17. May 21, 21:28

Does the Dophin have Navigation Command Software Mk1 and Trade Command Softwares Mk1 and Mk2 installed?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hexadecimal
x4

Post by Hexadecimal » Mon, 17. May 21, 22:11

Trade command Mk2 possibly not. Something to try in the future! The survival guide does specify that 1 or 2 will enable trade duties though :)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”