Terran Spies Building TOA Gates?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

phantomrock2
x4

Terran Spies Building TOA Gates?

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 16. May 21, 19:14

ok I think I have dis-covered all the hyper-speed access points
Now I am ready to build the TOA Gates but cant seem to find where to de-liver the wares needed :gruebel: :? :o
This is NOT the out of the box plot AKA Argon Peacemaker I am referring to the Terran Spy plot-start
[" thank you "]

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Re: Terran Spies Building TOA Gates?

Post by Milite Ignoto » Sun, 16. May 21, 19:18

You should have the mission to protect the TL with the terrans onboard. You have to get close to it (less than 2 km) and have the wares in your personal ship cargobay.

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 16. May 21, 20:07

Milite Ignoto wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 19:18
You should have the mission to protect the TL with the terrans onboard. You have to get close to it (less than 2 km) and have the wares in your personal ship cargobay.
Hmmm in-teresting because I chose the Nathan Voyage TOA but hmm ok I will go poking a-round some more
[" thank you "]

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 16. May 21, 20:28

There isn't a mission to build a TOA for a standard HSAP, that is just specific to the plot one

Instead you need to contact the explorers guild and pay for access rights to the HSAP.

The first time you do this you are given a new blueprint for the TOA which you build in your HQ then deploy from a TL

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 16. May 21, 21:10

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 20:28
There isn't a mission to build a TOA for a standard HSAP, that is just specific to the plot one

Instead you need to contact the explorers guild and pay for access rights to the HSAP.

The first time you do this you are given a new blueprint for the TOA which you build in your HQ then deploy from a TL
ahhhhh well I'll be, hey, thanks but however does this mean we will have to build TOAs at each or just one because that's a lot of wares :o and being that the economy is very sparse due to the fact that we have to send an agent to negotiate a discount which eats in-to the mission time limit and having the return on investment for building stations is not profitable for both the player and the NPCs but I do see other missions being offered to let the player break-even on taking a loss on the station-building missions
[" thank you "]

Drone_101
x4

Post by Drone_101 » Sun, 16. May 21, 21:38

Station prices seem higher than the game expects for big ticket purchases, even when at max relations with Teladi their XL SPP is sold at 23.2M, while the encyclopaedia says the price should be 18.6M.

What other variables affect Station purchasing prices? Mission rewards also seem to be expecting the encyclopedia values and paying out based on that. Image

I'm aware of the 10% price discount you can negociate with an Agent but that still wouldnt account for the 5M (28%) discrepancy in the XL above, nor the 2M (15%) difference in the mission even breaking even.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 17. May 21, 00:59

A quick query: is the price discount gained by an agent's successful action time-limited? Likewise the 'increase rep gain' mission?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Gryoz
x4

Post by Gryoz » Mon, 17. May 21, 02:27

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 00:59
A quick query: is the price discount gained by an agent's successful action time-limited? Likewise the 'increase rep gain' mission?
Yes those actions only give the bonus while the agent is active (it has 2 phases before being active IIRC, travelling and then initial contact "rubbing elbows" or something to that effect). And while the agent is active it drains more influence over time. The same is true for acquire special ships, you can only buy the special ships while the agent is there (and for a short time after in case it times out due to 0 influence).

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 17. May 21, 02:40

Tks; I was unsure whether it was different from the 'acquire ships' mechanic
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 17. May 21, 05:08

Drone_101 wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 21:38
Station prices seem higher than the game expects for big ticket purchases, even when at max relations with Teladi their XL SPP is sold at 23.2M, while the encyclopedia says the price should be 18.6M.

What other variables affect Station purchasing prices? Mission rewards also seem to be expecting the encyclopedia values and paying out based on that. Image

I'm aware of the 10% price discount you can negotiate with an Agent but that still wouldn't account for the 5M (28%) discrepancy in the XL above, nor the 2M (15%) difference in the mission even breaking even.
yeah the station prices here in this chapter are brutal
but ok after we build the station I see other missions that will generate that will allow the player to break-even after taking a loss as a result of building the station I wonder how that fuels the universal economy whew, if it aint broke then dont fix it might end up breaking things while fixing :P
[" thank you "]

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”