Station stock levels !

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Station stock levels !

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sun, 16. May 21, 03:54

Station stock levels !

We all know from X3 games the imminent stock level that vanishes once docked.
So far in X3FL, this feature is as present as it has been in older games.
This adds that rush of euphoria, when what was a full station, is inexplicably empty when you want to trade. Bouncing around from station to station, the stock level is - Oh! What a surprise - empty.

WTF is the matter with X3 game makers? Are they sadistic?

Why make the game so stations run right out of stock? What is the point !
I don't mind paying that bit extra, for a shield as I need them.
You know we need shields, and commodities, yet every time the station is empty.

This kind of starvation mechanics is so frustrating, stupid, and not funny at all.

The environment is awesome, the ships are awesome, I really like the game as a visual space to fly and have fun in.

BUT, this starvation station stock level is not fun, NOT fun at all.

And don't give me that,,,, “ you have to supply the station rubbish “

There should be at least one shield you can get. Honestly.

90% of this game is waiting !

Wow,,, what fun.

LoGyMW

Re: Station stock levels !

Post by LoGyMW » Sun, 16. May 21, 04:15

I have always been of impression in X games that at the start of your game station stocks will mostly always be empty and then after a while as you are playing stations will start to get stocked up with basic resources that the transports bring in over time and will eventually start producing the final product for you to buy. But yea, its sometimes frustrating when you want to buy say some weapon that you really want but its nowhere in stock so you either have to wait for god knows how long or resort to cheats or scripts to get what you want which obviously flags your save as modified.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sun, 16. May 21, 05:34

Station ware vanishing right after you docking? Seriosuly? I have not encountered such a situation throughout any of my X3 ventures.

A plausible scenario is an NPC trader bought your ware when you are en route to the station. Its a living economy.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sun, 16. May 21, 05:40

Klord wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 05:34
Station ware vanishing right after you docking? Seriosuly? I have not encountered such a situation throughout any of my X3 ventures.

A plausible scenario is an NPC trader bought your ware when you are en route to the station. Its a living economy.
It happened to me once in FL. As far as I remember, it is the only time it has happened in any of the X games for me. I was watching the sector map. No NPC ships were docked, approaching, or recently left. The entire stock of resources just disappeared when I opened the trade interface.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”