Questions from new(ish) player

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

blazenclaw
x3ap

Questions from new(ish) player

Post by blazenclaw » Sun, 16. May 21, 01:06

First off, thank you devs for breathing new life into this series - I played uh, some time ago and remember little other than how fun it was, and am glad to get back into it!

There's a few things I haven't found the answer to from ingame resources or here/elsewhere online, was hoping if I could get a few answers (currently playing without beta 1.1).
[I will probably continue to bump this thread slowly as I come across more...]

1 - There's an icon next to titles that seems to indicate a Police License status, but may or may not be properly working for Companies? I lost a Strong Arm License (that I didn't know I had?) when I believe my turret autofired on one of their ships when I discovered their core sector.
However, the Company Licenses (if that's what they are?) don't appear in my Inventory or Encyclopedia; I'd have assumed they would be acquired at the HQ, but despite docking at Strong Arms HQ in Rhonkar's Trial once I sent a couple agents to boost notoriety with them, there is not a License available to purchase.

2 - What is the difference between Evade and Flee for ship Attacked Response? I can't seem to figure the difference, and I'd like to reduce the number of claimed ships getting blasted apart on the way back to my HQ :gruebel:

3 - Dynamic Diplomacy... while there is a significant discussion ongoing in another post, I didn't see in it an explanation of detailed mechanics? Before reading it, I first tried to do many Agent-Reward missions for the Teladi thinking to use the agents to boost other races, but even Agents gaining Notoriety still induce drops in the corresponding enemies.
Anyway, while this is stated as something that will continue to be tweaked, I'm curious how the mechanics of it work; taking Teladi as an example, their only enemy is the Yaki. Say I do a mission for the Teladi; is the reward for Teladi impacted by my current status with them, or not? I.E. if I'm already +3 notoriety, do I gain more or less than if I was +1? From my understanding, each tier of notoriety corresponds to an exponentially increasing linear score, so it's a bit tricky to figure. Second, the penalty for the Yaki (I imagine) is a smaller magnitude that that gained for the Teladi; however, by the same token, is the lost notoriety modified by either my current Teladi Notoriety or current Yaki notoriety?

Ideally, my goal is to aim for a point where nobody is shoot-on-sight, but given how Yaki, Duke, etc are enemies with basically everyone, flaffing around randomly is definitely not going to do it :P

chip56

Re: Questions from new(ish) player

Post by chip56 » Sun, 16. May 21, 01:41

The company licenses are just the license of their main faction.
So for strong arms the split one.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 16. May 21, 01:58

chip56 wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 01:41
Hmm.. there's a 'Pirate Licence' available in their main base.. do Pirates now count as a major faction? However, corp licences don't appear to exist (which makes sense in the current game timeframe)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

blazenclaw
x3ap

Post by blazenclaw » Sun, 16. May 21, 02:17

chip56 wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 01:41
Thank you, confirming this is correct; after repurchasing the Split License, the icon reappeared for Strong Arm, much appreciated.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Sun, 16. May 21, 10:30

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 01:58
Hmm.. there's a 'Pirate Licence' available in their main base.. do Pirates now count as a major faction? However, corp licences don't appear to exist (which makes sense in the current game timeframe)
In that regards: yes.
You will also see that the goner have a license too.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sun, 16. May 21, 10:34

blazenclaw wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 01:06
2 - What is the difference between Evade and Flee for ship Attacked Response? I can't seem to figure the difference, and I'd like to reduce the number of claimed ships getting blasted apart on the way back to my HQ :gruebel:
I too would like an answer to this.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 16. May 21, 12:13

When set to Flee, the ship will attempt to find a close station to flee to. Evade the ship will carry on to its current destination but will do evasive maneuvers

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”