Agents "adquire special ships"

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Midnightknight
x4

Re: Agents "adquire special ships"

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 15. May 21, 20:25

Terran prototypes ships. And the new sectors you are tasked to find in FL. If you do not have looked for at least on of them, it's a bit too early to ask about special ships right as you did not even really started to explore the game ^^

Jotax

Post by Jotax » Sat, 15. May 21, 20:54

Hahaha... Ok... I have 225 sectors discovered.
I found the shared siroko in a otas shipyard.
The springblossom seems to be lost in space as a special reward.
Now im starting to understand...
Thanks!!!

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 15. May 21, 21:05

Yup simply do the tasks asked, explore with the new device to get discoveries and access point, then use the beacon to be able to jump to those new sectors and you will get a few surprises inside ^^

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 15. May 21, 21:46

Jotax wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 20:54
Hahaha... Ok... I have 225 sectors discovered.
I found the shared siroko in a otas shipyard.
The springblossom seems to be lost in space as a special reward.
Now im starting to understand...
Thanks!!!
I think you are referencing Roguey's site to search ships. This "shared" tag appears to be a bug in the site.

Ex: Sirokos is an Otas ship so it can be bought in Otas shipyard. Springblossom is a Terran ship which should be able to purchase from a Terran shipyard (I havent ventured in to Terran space yet, so cant confirm).

Roguey's site is a nice resource base to search about ships. But this feature is incorporated to the game in FL. Click Shift+B to access in game ship browser. Everything you need to know about ships are there (provided you have already discovered them in the universe) !!!
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

mtiffany71
x3tc

Post by mtiffany71 » Sun, 16. May 21, 04:13

I've tried a couple of times and I just don't think that NNMC has any special ships available. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm going to go with for now.

ZX9000
x3

Post by ZX9000 » Mon, 17. May 21, 21:22

mtiffany71 wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 04:13
I've tried a couple of times and I just don't think that NNMC has any special ships available. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm going to go with for now.
NMMC has five ships listed in my encyclopedia, I assumed it meant it was their specific ships/variants. Haven't tried the agent missions to get ships though.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 18. May 21, 06:34

ZX9000 wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 21:22
NMMC has five ships listed in my encyclopedia, I assumed it meant it was their specific ships/variants. Haven't tried the agent missions to get ships though.
This was answered by the Dev team earlier in this thread.
Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 16:14
not all races have special ships you can acquire, the Corporations generally dont have any.

so if you can select the shipyard, thats probably why
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Drone_101
x4

Post by Drone_101 » Tue, 18. May 21, 13:37

I was offered an Advanced Barracuda from the Boron shipyard in Depths of Silence without doing the diplomacy option, so I snapped it up as a favour from a friend :D

If a ship is obtainable via agents you'll see it in the Ship browser -> Aquisition method "Diplomacy with [Race]"

ZX9000
x3

Post by ZX9000 » Tue, 18. May 21, 18:29

Klord wrote:
Tue, 18. May 21, 06:34
ZX9000 wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 21:22
This was answered by the Dev team earlier in this thread.
Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 16:14
not all races have special ships you can acquire, the Corporations generally dont have any.

so if you can select the shipyard, thats probably why
The ingame encyclopedia assigns ship models and variants to Atreus, NMMC, Otas and Strong Arms. This is based on what I have encountered, I haven't explored everywhere, so could be more. These ships, as far as I can see, are not listed under the race menu of the race the corporation "belongs" to, for example the Enhanced Chimera is not under split, but under Strong Arms, not to mention all the Otas ships. So the ships are at least presented as special ships for the corporation.

Drone_101
x4

Post by Drone_101 » Tue, 18. May 21, 23:24

'Special' in this context means unlocked by the diplomacy action 'acquire special ships' for which I don't think I've seen a single corporation have any; which lines up with what the dev said earlier.

In the ship browser (Shift + B) https://i.imgur.com/bnTffOY.png

You'll see some ships don't have a shipyard instead they say "[Race] Diplomacy" which means you'll need to use the special diplomacy path to unlock them temporarily in their respective race's ship yards. Generally this is for the Advanced, Enhanced or Prototype versions. You can still find and capture most of them out in the wild just fine, this is just another avenue if boarding isn't your jam.
Last edited by Terre on Wed, 19. May 21, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”