[1.1 RC 1][Spoiler] Game issues

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

FankX
x4

[1.1 RC 1][Spoiler] Game issues

Post by FankX » Sat, 15. May 21, 13:56

1. Repair laser get an insane recharge boost if SETA is active
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jSjpzM ... sp=sharing (may need to download for better quality)

2. [Solved, shields to low] "Automated Mining" damages ship over time
(I recalled him, because of the amount of damage)

3. "Scan All Asteroids in Sector" does not counts towards discovery points.
I was busy trading myself all the time, so i send another ship to discover, and just noticed right now that you get discovery points for scanning asteroids sometimes ....

4. I found a TP ship somewhere around "Bluish Snout", but no claim option, IIRC it was a Toucan
Last edited by FankX on Sat, 15. May 21, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

Thandrall
x4

Re: [1.1 RC 1][Spoiler] Game issues

Post by Thandrall » Sat, 15. May 21, 15:01

1. I'm not entirely sure if its an recharge boost, or if the firing of said laser is off while in SETA, either way it does stay at 100% when in SETA.

2. Were you IS or OOS? IS I've had ships run into asteroids so that might be it?

3. Not all asteroids give discovery points. I've checked it myself early on, and it seemed to work, this was 1.0 though.

4. The TP is meant to be part of a plot that hasn't been finished, and as such the Toucan is in limbo.

FankX
x4

Post by FankX » Sat, 15. May 21, 17:06

Thandrall wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 15:01
2. Were you IS or OOS? IS I've had ships run into asteroids so that might be it?
I was not sure, i think i travel through this sector sometimes.
Thandrall wrote:
3. Not all asteroids give discovery points. I've checked it myself early on, and it seemed to work, this was 1.0 though.
If i scan it myself, yes. But i used a Starburst with the Explorer Command Software, and i didn't got a single point yet from it.
Thandrall wrote:
4. The TP is meant to be part of a plot that hasn't been finished, and as such the Toucan is in limbo.
The terran plot people are talking about, which i have never seen yet?
Because so far my plot ended with the connection of the Hub.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 15. May 21, 18:26

FankX wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 13:56
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jSjpzM ... sp=sharing (may need to download for better quality)

2. "Automated Mining" damages ship over time
(I recalled him, because of the amount of damage)

3. "Scan All Asteroids in Sector" does not counts towards discovery points.
I was busy trading myself all the time, so i send another ship to discover, and just noticed right now that you get discovery points for scanning asteroids sometimes ....

4. I found a TP ship somewhere around "Bluish Snout", but no claim option, IIRC it was a Toucan
1. I noticed that too. Energy wont drain when using repair laser with SETA. Dunno if its a bug or intentional. :roll:

2. I have been mining Nividium for a long time (earned over 200 million credits so far) and never had this problem. Im using Falcon miners though. They have 200 MJ shielding so they dont get damaged by floating rocks. I suspect your Demeter ran in to some rocks accidently and got damaged. Is the ship equipped with proper shielding?

3. Unfortunately, discovary points are not awarded for asteroids scanned by non player ships. It may get fixed in an upcoming patch.

4. That Toucan cannot be claimed. Im not sure whether its an unfinished plot or not. Maybe the devs will add some content later on. Who knows. :)
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

FankX
x4

Post by FankX » Sat, 15. May 21, 19:05

Klord wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 18:26
2. I have been mining Nividium for a long time (earned over 200 million credits so far) and never had this problem. Im using Falcon miners though. They have 200 MJ shielding so they dont get damaged by floating rocks. I suspect your Demeter ran in to some rocks accidently and got damaged. Is the ship equipped with proper shielding?
Yes i guess? :oops:

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 15. May 21, 19:11

FankX wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 19:05
Yes i guess? :oops:
Glad you found the reason. If you are in to mining, Highly recommend Teladi ships in NMMC shipyard. Mining is pretty fun and streamlined in FL.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

shaijin
x3tc

Post by shaijin » Mon, 17. May 21, 22:44

In the scan for illegal wares mission, a number of pieces of ship equipment are being marked as illegal. Scanning friendly military and supply capitals nets millions in payouts for finding (illegal) Concussion Impulse Generators, jumpdrives and turbo boosters. It is almost a free money cheat currently. Here is a list of (illegal) ship equipment in Boron Territory (from memory):

triplex scanner
transporter device
jumpdrive
concussion impulse generator
turbo booster mk1 and mk2

It seems to me like anything not produced by the mission offering race is getting marked as illegal.

Also I don't think Fixed Lost TerraCorp Pilot keeping Advanced Spacesuit is actually fixed. I started a new Lost TerraCorp Pilot game after installing Version: 1.10 RC 1 (439376) last night. Entering an exiting ships will put your pilot back in an advanced space suit with no repair laser. Additionally all of the engine tuning initially applied to the advanced space suit is gone. In my Lost TerraCorp Pilot game in the live version, the advanced space suit went away and my repair laser returned at some point. I haven't yet found the trigger to make that happen again in the patch beta. I'd love to have my repair laser back.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 18. May 21, 05:25

On the Toucan TP, there is a Journal Page that is in the area. Read it, and it will explain about the TP.
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 18. May 21, 05:56

FankX wrote:
I think it's a moot point because the Repair Laser beam continues to fire for a short time after you release the fire button (or it runs out of energy). This delay in stopping is enough for the laser to recharge and fire another short burst. In other words, it makes a pulse effect when the laser runs out of energy, but the beam never really stops so it doesn't affect the repair rate at all.
FankX wrote:
"Automated Mining" damages ship over time
This effect got me in AP too. I went cheapo and equipped my miners in Aladna Hill with a single 25MJ shield, since it's pretty secure. I kept noticing that they were becoming damaged so I watched on SETA for awhile and saw that they took about 30 to 50MJ worth of damage at regular intervals when I was not in their system. Guess it an 'immersion' thing they programmed into X3.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 18. May 21, 17:28

I think the repair laser recharge is an QoL improvement. Before due to the recharge rate does not sustain the energy consumption under constant fire, at 10X seta the beam flickers like crazy and seriously hurt my eyes. Now it's 100% constant and smooth.

And frankly, I don't think giving it a high recharge rate hurts anyone.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”