Cargobay hacker destroyed

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Midnightknight
x4

Cargobay hacker destroyed

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 14. May 21, 18:39

Another question ...

In a fight with xenons i lost 3% hull and had my cargobay hacker destroyed right away. Is there a way to get it back? Somewhere to buy it?

chip56

Re: Cargobay hacker destroyed

Post by chip56 » Fri, 14. May 21, 18:41

in 1.1 they added it to the paranid sector.

Inty2018
x4

Post by Inty2018 » Fri, 14. May 21, 18:41

same issue here but with the transporter. and no place to buy it yet as im still in the plot in the desintegrator rifles stealing part

Inty2018
x4

Post by Inty2018 » Fri, 14. May 21, 18:43

is there a way to add the transporter device to my ship without getting a modified game?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 14. May 21, 18:48

Wait for the 1.10 update, then buy it at the research station. ;)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Inty2018
x4

Post by Inty2018 » Fri, 14. May 21, 18:50

Thanx! Just noticed it yeah, i switched to beta mode.
ps. I LOVE that i am actually playing X3 again. thank you :)

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 14. May 21, 19:01

Thank you

Inty2018
x4

Post by Inty2018 » Fri, 14. May 21, 20:07

transporter is indeed for sale at the research station, but at a very high rep for boron needed. as missions still suck and no good way to raise rep, i will restart the game

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Fri, 14. May 21, 20:39

Inty2018 wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 20:07
transporter is indeed for sale at the research station, but at a very high rep for boron needed. as missions still suck and no good way to raise rep, i will restart the game
Spoiler
Show
You could also just destroy the weapon transports and pick up the weapons they were carrying as loot, that also advances the quest. You don't actually need the Cargo Transporter + Transporter Device for it.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 14. May 21, 20:57

Inty2018 wrote:
That's strange, it should be rank number 4: Noble Peer. Can you please check again, and if it's something different upload a savegame, please?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Fri, 14. May 21, 21:29

Last edited by shameless creature on Fri, 14. May 21, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 14. May 21, 21:48

Inty2018 wrote:
transporter is indeed for sale at the research station, but at a very high rep for boron needed.
In my (upgraded in-place) game the required rep doesn't show up as a tip in the trade screen if you're already above that rep, but if below it'll show in the bottom right of that screen is you scroll thru the wares
as missions still suck and no good way to raise rep, i will restart the game
Restarting is a bit harsh but may be good for you; once v1.1 is fully released I'll prolly do likewise to check out rep balances etc. However in your current game as described I'd still say rep gain from missions is still achievable, if slower: as always low-rep missions won't reward much, but /will/ progress to higher tier rewards over time
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 14. May 21, 22:21

shameless creature wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 21:29
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 20:57
That's strange, it should be rank number 4: Noble Peer. Can you please check again, and if it's something different upload a savegame, please?
Cargo Bay Hacker requires rank +7, Transporter Device +6.

Screenshots
Savegame
What Snafu_X3 said. ;) Bottom left shows your current rank with the owner race of that station, buttom right shows the required rank to buy that item, but only if you cannot buy it yet. You can try this out by selecting a ware that is marked red.

Alternatively, when having a ware selected, pressing "i" will display the ware information including reputation requirements.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 15. May 21, 00:07

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 22:21
Alternatively, when having a ware selected, pressing "i" will display the ware information including reputation requirements.
X2, I suspect some ppl are wary of trusting those [text] entries, having been misled by assorted subtly-conflicting text glitches in past (& ongoing) X versions: if a tooltip gives some info, but a (voiced? visual mini-popup?) description is slightly different & the Encyclopaedia may say something slightly different again.. which can <player> believe (& hence integrate into their memory as '/This/ is in-game truth')? A single misplaced word (or even character or punctuation mark) may change the meaning of an entire sentence or even paragraph as the reader perceives it :(

I appreciate you can't do much if anything about the 'fixed' assets in the game (eg artwork, voiced stuff etc), but a pinned pointer to what DEVs regard as "The Ultimately Reliable" in-game reference would prolly be useful, esp while testing continues :)
Last edited by Snafu_X3 on Sat, 15. May 21, 02:16, edited 6 times in total.
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Xe-131
x4

Post by Xe-131 » Sat, 15. May 21, 01:35

You can always use diplomacy to steal the blueprint for it from the Pirates or Duke's

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”