Has anyone managed to have a pilot bail yet?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

nemesis1982
x4

Has anyone managed to have a pilot bail yet?

Post by nemesis1982 » Fri, 14. May 21, 14:47

Been playing for quite a few hours. Killing many Xenon and Pirates. None have bailed yet!

Anyone got a pilot to bail?
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Has anyone managed to have a pilot bail yet?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 14. May 21, 14:53

It's a bug in the release version. Should be fixed in update 1.10. Please see the beta changelog for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 14. May 21, 15:15

yes in 1.0 you can only get them to bail if you demand their surrender via com.
In beta 1.1 regular bailing is working.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Fri, 14. May 21, 16:17

Hi thnx for the quick responces!
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Fri, 14. May 21, 17:26

Hahaha, so now I got a few pirates to bail. I claim one of the ships and get destroyed by the Paranid Destroyer next to me...

Probably a bug as well :P

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Fri, 14. May 21, 17:40

Hmm, the military getting hostile on claim is still a thing in 1.1 RC1 it seems. Is this by design then?

mtiffany71
x3tc

Post by mtiffany71 » Fri, 14. May 21, 20:23

I got a pirate to bail
Spoiler
Show
right after I got the plot-related Nemesis.
I flew into Holy Vision gamma, spotted a pirate in a Pericles and commed with 'surrender' and he bailed immediately.
Spoiler
Show
Maybe it was the M6 vs M4 that convinced him...
This was in the straight-outta-the-box 1.0 version.
Spoiler
Show
This happened prior to the completion of the Xenon Hub plot, when Holy Vision and The Void were the only two systems on the map.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 14. May 21, 20:30

The surrender option works in X3FL now, it wasn't actually doing anything in any of the previous games. What's not working and should be fixed in update 1.10 is the normal bailing, i.e. you shoot at a ship and the pilot gives up its ship.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

mtiffany71
x3tc

Post by mtiffany71 » Fri, 14. May 21, 20:34

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 20:30
The surrender option works in X3FL now, it wasn't actually doing anything in any of the previous games.
Now that I think about it... I had never even noticed that before. I just like shooting stuff. :lol:

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Fri, 14. May 21, 21:53

Yes it is actually really fun to demand a lone M5 to surrender and the little dickens actually comply vs being blasted to pieces, much more realistic. I actually make it a habit of hitting that surrender button as I start to engage reds. I’d rather have their cargo, credits, or ship all in one piece thank you very much. Maybe I am a pirate? I

jduato
x3tc

Post by jduato » Sat, 15. May 21, 15:27

Thanks for fixing ship bailing in 1.10 RC. After a few hours of combat, trying to make M4s and M3s to bail without success (both in the plot start and in the sandbox start), I was going to shelve the game. Making enemies bail (and ship boarding later in the game) is an essential part of my playing style. I use to self-impose the restriction of not buying any ship during the entire playthrough, thus completely relying on captured ships to build an army and supply my factories.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”