Agents & Blueprints

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

The NME
x4

Agents & Blueprints

Post by The NME » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:30

So am I reading things right here.

Agents DO NOT acquire blueprints.
What they do is give you the option to purchase blueprints?

Also, now we have station blueprints, can we build & sell stations to 'Customers' from our spacelab HQ?
RIP PJK - Gone but not forgotten
The lessons you taught will be forever remembered
The master is remembered by many padowans

chip56

Re: Agents & Blueprints

Post by chip56 » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:33

The NME wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 10:30
So am I reading things right here.

Agents DO NOT acquire blueprints.
What they do is give you the option to purchase blueprints?

Also, now we have station blueprints, can we build & sell stations to 'Customers' from our spacelab HQ?
Agents do aquire blueprints for stations and equipment. Either by negotiating a deal for which you can buy the blueprint or by stealing them. Those are 2 different options. first one costing 1 action point, other one costing 2 action points with a risk to lose the agent.
Ships you can buy and take apart to get the blueprint.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:35

When the agent acquires the blueprint they are negotiating a deal to get access to them

Otherwise you can steal them instead

You can only sell stations via the station building missions

laux
x3tc

Post by laux » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:40

The NME wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 10:30
You can keep a few stations on stock and use them for building missions. :mrgreen:

The NME
x4

Post by The NME » Fri, 14. May 21, 15:06

Thanks for that, but I am far from having enough money or influence for a TL yet

Long way to go in the money stakes.
Influence I always get close, but just one taxi ride away from major consequences.

so these are a none starter for money making yet.

Which ships are quite profitable to engineer from blueprints,
so I know which ones to look out for.

Thanks
RIP PJK - Gone but not forgotten
The lessons you taught will be forever remembered
The master is remembered by many padowans

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 15. May 21, 19:05

If you have marines (and preferably an M7M), you can easily cap a TL.

Hire one> send to an unknown sector> cap it. I capped a Mammoth with spacewalking from a TP (10 marines) which was the first TL I got.

If you are worried about loosing reputation with major factions, try capturing pirate TLs flying around in Hatikvah's faith. Usually there are 2 and they got no guns to defend themselves. So they are easy pray. Sometimes, the sector can get crowded with pirates pillaging the moving traffic, but they get blown up over time by patrolling military parties. Its a very volatile sector, but IMO best place to cap bigger ships without worrying about loosing reputation with main factions or corporation.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

tickerag
x3tc

Post by tickerag » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 12:47

Hi All
My agent has now gone somewhere else and I got the message that I can now dock at the Paranid trading dock, but it is still red and I am told docking is denied. How do I recruit another agent?
Thanks

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 15:41

Klord wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 19:05
Hire one> send to an unknown sector> cap it. I capped a Mammoth with spacewalking from a TP (10 marines) which was the first TL I got.
I have a feeling that spacewalking to TLs require more hull penetration than it was in AP. 2 stars is enough for M7, but for TL i had to upgrade to 3 stars.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 18:30

tickerag wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 12:47
How do I recruit another agent?
Look for missions that have "agent" after the monetary reward. According to what I've read, they are almost always TP-required transport missions. So, bring one along as you go looking. That seems to be how I've gotten a few more agents without realizing it.

tickerag
x3tc

Post by tickerag » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 19:38

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 18:30
tickerag wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 12:47
How do I recruit another agent?
Look for missions that have "agent" after the monetary reward. According to what I've read, they are almost always TP-required transport missions. So, bring one along as you go looking. That seems to be how I've gotten a few more agents without realizing it.
Thanks, will give it a go

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:21

tickerag wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 19:38
Thanks, will give it a go
If you prefer combat, then certain combat missions also give agents. Just look for agents stated in the reward.

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 19:11

For acquiring agents, I highly recommend using Split Ocelot as your personal ship.
It requires quite a good reputation with them, but if you manage to find some rudder optimization and engine tunings as discoveries in sectors, the ship is quicker than M5s.
My Ocelot flies at 390m/s standard speed and 780 with turbo. I can run around Xenons without even being hurt, and such speed makes you invulnerable even for missiles.

This ship's only downside is the weapon generator, even with Energy Bolt Chainguns you have few bursts of damage and after that you need to slow down shooting, or switch to Mass Drivers.
You can get several agents per hour flying around the sectors, the improvement to notoriety is also quite huge for doing Very Hard Missions (which are not hard at all, especially with Jump Drive instaleld).

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”