Reputation swings

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

sputnik18

Reputation swings

Post by sputnik18 » Thu, 13. May 21, 22:05

Hi.
Just thought I'd add my thoughts to the various comments I've seen about reputations with the various races/factions. There are some serious swings based on very minor things.
eg. Boron was attacking me everywhere after doing a couple of split missions, my stationed ships would not move if already docked in Boron sectors. I then did one taxi mission for a Boron from a Teladi base and hey presto I'm a Boron friend and all my ships can move. Basically war to friend on one taxi mission?????

If the Boron/Argon - Paranid/Split are so anti each other, then why are there not wars on adjoining sectors? It just doesn't make any sense. It's spoiling my enjoyment of the game, which is fantastic apart from this.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but it just seems too extreme how it's implemented.

All the best, Brian

Klord
x3ap

Re: Reputation swings

Post by Klord » Fri, 14. May 21, 03:12

This is a known case reported by many players. The new beta patch is addressing this issue for a certain extent. However, a complete overhaul for the reputation system may take some time (if its ever happening) as its not a priority at the moment.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

sputnik18

Post by sputnik18 » Fri, 14. May 21, 08:41

Will look forward to that one, thanks.

Just one thing worth adding, you can get Boron missions from Split stations, and vice-versa. If these races dislike each other that much, then that doesn't make sense either.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 14. May 21, 09:03

One can argue they are undercover agents. :D

I think the reason they are in unrelated space stations is to give the player an opportunity to repair reputation if things went downhill. Its a good addition IMO.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Fri, 14. May 21, 09:13

sputnik18 wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 08:41
Just one thing worth adding, you can get Boron missions from Split stations, and vice-versa. If these races dislike each other that much, then that doesn't make sense either.
Klord wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 09:03
I think the reason they are in unrelated space stations is to give the player an opportunity to repair reputation if things went downhill. Its a good addition IMO.
Surely Chinese people would still exist in America if America and China went to war.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:31

I attacked a Split Armored transport in a Split border sector and lost rep with Argon and Boron. What?

sputnik18

Post by sputnik18 » Fri, 14. May 21, 13:58

Ramdat wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 09:13
sputnik18 wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 08:41
Klord wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 09:03
Surely Chinese people would still exist in America if America and China went to war.
Agree, but would China be friendly to you as an individual if you gave a Chinese person a taxi ride? lol

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sun, 16. May 21, 02:33

sputnik18 wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 13:58
Agree, but would China be friendly to you as an individual if you gave a Chinese person a taxi ride? lol
I assume you mean "Would America be friendly to you as an individual if you gave a Chinese person a taxi ride"?

Why not? The conflict is with the government of China, not every person who is ethnically Chinese. The Borons on Split stations are probably independent agents such as businessmen.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”