[Spoiler Alert] Need to know what to expect later in the game

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

[Spoiler Alert] Need to know what to expect later in the game

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Tue, 11. May 21, 10:04

These questions might be more for the folks who developed FL, unless some players have already progressed really far into the game. Basically, I'd like to know whether I'm gonna find some specific things in the game, so I can adjust my investments accordingly and avoid wasting resources, reputation, unique ships etc. Here goes:

Question 1:
Spoiler
Show
Is UFJD obtainable in the game? (If not, that means there's a finite number of engine tunings, rudder optimisations, focus crystals etc)
Question 2:
Spoiler
Show
Will it still be possible to find or acquire jump beacons? And if so, will it still only be by getting them from Rapid Response capital ships?
Question 3:
Spoiler
Show
According to Roguey's, there seems to be a very interesting new Teladi capital ship, the M7 Teladi Tern... though the name is confusing as the Tern already existed but as a TS+. Is this real?
Question 4:
Spoiler
Show
Bonus one - are the Khaaks present in the game as enemies?
Thanks!
:boron: Blub?

Ezendeir
xr

Re: [Spoiler Alert] Need to know what to expect later in the game

Post by Ezendeir » Tue, 11. May 21, 10:44

Question 1
Show
UFJD seems to be disabled. However, I personally don't think pandora crates, focus crystals and quantum processors are limited. In another post one of the devs said that when you get all the possible freebies with the LFL, the game is supposed to spawn more. Sadly I can't confirm if it'll spawn more pandora crates etc...
Question 2
Show
Apparently (I might be wrong) either the TerraCorp or OTAS sell Single-Use Jump Beacons. Haven't tried searching for the permanent ones but they should still be in RRFs.
Question 3
Show
Yes, the old Tern (TS) that was in AP was renamed "Owl". The new Tern (M7) is a Shrike with no hangar docks, slower speed, but it has an even bigger cargo bay (twice the size of the Shrike). I can't remember the other stats of the ships but surely you'll see one traversing the Teladi Sectors. Military Outposts can have them too.
Question 4
Show
AFAIK, no, since both AP and FL take place after Operation Final Fury (which was a plot in TC), where the player basically exterminated all the Kha'ak. You CAN, however, find abandoned Kha'ak ships and blueprints for their weapons (You can get all 3 Fighters and the BPs for Alpha and Beta Kyon Emitters. I still need to find the Corvette (If it is there, in AP you were guaranteed one each game) and, possibly, the Gamma Kyon Emitters though I don't think they are obtainaible simply because the Kha'ak Carrier and Destroyer are not in the game. And neither is #deca, apparently.
This is coming from me and my 2 in-game days of gameplay :)

Edit: missed a few vowels
Each battle a chance to grow.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 11. May 21, 10:46

1. No. Your assumption to the consequence is wrong.

2. Yes, there are multiple types, some can just be bought.

3. The TS+ is called Owl.

4. Yes, at some point.

MFG

Ketraar

EDIT: ninja'd.

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Tue, 11. May 21, 10:56

Thank you kindly!

Probing a bit further on question 4:
Spoiler
Show
Ok, so we can expect some fights against Khaaks, excellent, I missed them! But can we also expect entire / permanent sectors of them? I never made it to X-Treme fighter in AP because I couldn't take invading the same Xenon and Pirate sectors over and over again, so would be great to know that the process will be a tad less repetitive in FL![\spoiler]
:boron: Blub?

Ezendeir
xr

Post by Ezendeir » Tue, 11. May 21, 11:11

Spoiler
Show
Just checked, Corvette is there and surprisingly, also Gamma Kyon Emitters.
Each battle a chance to grow.

dony93
x3tc

Post by dony93 » Tue, 11. May 21, 11:13

@Ezeindel:
Spoiler
Show
I got a Gamma Kyon from an Explorer's Guild rep :wink: .

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”