Slow Start - Is it worth persevering?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

rockinrodders1

Slow Start - Is it worth persevering?

Post by rockinrodders1 » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:01

I've been playing the X3 series for many years and when I heard of this new fan created instalment, I was interested in giving it a go.

I started a new game using the Argon Official Start and started the plot, but got a couple of steps in and suddenly it seems to get pretty boring and repetitive.
Spoiler
Show
I have Unlocked the spacelab and need to make some beacons, but need 900 energy cells and the ship only holds about 60, do you really need to make 15 trips to collect energy cells or am I missing something?
I've tried some other side missions but they always seem to give me ridiculous short deadlines or require TP ships that I cannot seem to buy anywhere.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Slow Start - Is it worth persevering?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:05

Spoiler
Show
The Beacons required for the plot are stored in your PHQ already, you just have to transfer them to your ship.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

chip56

Post by chip56 » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:09

Spoiler
Show
Also note that you can find some free transporters in the early sectors that you can claim. Those can help you if you sell too much stuff in the beginning. However as noted already: unless you sell stuff you get the ressources you need to get out of the sector for free actually.

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Mon, 10. May 21, 22:58

rockinrodders1 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 22:01
I've been playing the X3 series for many years and when I heard of this new fan created installment, I was interested in giving it a go.
I've tried some other side missions but they always seem to give me ridiculous short deadlines or require TP ships that I cannot seem to buy anywhere.
Don't think that you will have the freedom that other X3 games had, the start is OK,there are only a few thing that can become problematic, don't thing that you can build any other ship that the ones that you are asked for, be careful with the saves, rastar oil, transporter device and the HQ storage need to be managed. In this part of the game the relations with other races is OK they are caped to keep the things under control, after that is a total nonsense, you do a mistake in a mission and your friends Boron will be destroying your HQ 2 minutes after.... it is very fun :evil:. If you give the control to the manger of any ship and it decide to combat a Xenon Q you can eat popcorn looking at the short fight, it is the only thing that you can do. Then the manager will buy and prepare another ship to do exactly the same.

I am exploring, because have the feeling that ships that were fun now are been nerfed... it like someone want to impose their vision about the game... and for me it is not fun. I miss the freedom of AP. I already started to play again.

Knowing this I will consider now, not to start until there is a serious change in the relations/notoriety system for starters. There are things that are better, the GUI still confusing but I can live with it.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”