Reputation Caps during the Initial Plot

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

tim-ski
x3ap

Reputation Caps during the Initial Plot

Post by tim-ski » Sun, 9. May 21, 23:33

From what I can see, during the initial plot reputations are capped as follows:
  • Boron Queen's Protectorate (3:5) 98%
  • Split Family Friend (3:2) 98%
  • Paranid Honour Guard of Xaar (3:8) Max
  • Teladi Majority Shareholder (3:3) 98%
  • Pirates Boarding Leader (3:5) 98%
That's using the Teladi start, so your milage may vary slightly. The game might momentarily exceed these values, but will eventually correct then down to those shown above. It is possible to also gain at least Argon reputation via missions, but this was never reported in the pilot summary. Likewise attaining that much pirate reputation triggered 3/5 progress on the Unfounded achievement, but again no enemies were ever reported in the pilot summary.

This looks like a hardcoded cap to prevent the accumulation of large amounts of positive reputation during a phase of the game when full dynamic reputation adjustments might break the plot. But the limitation is not announced, and could confuse players that linger in the early game too long, hence this post.

Be warned that the final part of the inital plot impacts reputation, but not as might be expected. In three of the possible cases, your reputation with whoever you choose to help appears to always be set to 3 white bars as a result, regardless of its prior state. So if previously higher than 3, this will lead to a nonsensical reduction in reputation with the faction you help. There is only one exception:
Spoiler
Show
The Paranid, which makes them the only sensible choice for anyone with higher reputations. In contrast anyone with Pirate or Dukes negatives can set one instantly to friendly by picking Brennan's or Dukes options respectively.

Klord
x3ap

Re: Reputation Caps during the Initial Plot

Post by Klord » Mon, 10. May 21, 17:53

Good explanation. I wish for a change in rep system in the next patch. :)
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Re: Reputation Caps during the Initial Plot

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Tue, 11. May 21, 09:07

So that's why my Boron rep dropped when I completed the Hub mission in their favour... Good to know, thanks!
:boron: Blub?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”