[FIX][Bug][Spoiler] Terran Plot problem

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

DocTass
x4

[FIX][Bug][Spoiler] Terran Plot problem

Post by DocTass » Sun, 9. May 21, 20:47

Spoiler
Show
In the Terran plot, you get to the point where you're told to "Defend: Brennan's Triumph Delta." Trouble is, when I get in the sector, all the so-called "enemy" ships are not marked as enemies (seems like they're assigned to the "neutral" faction). If I kill them all myself or if I use Cycrow's cheat package to make it easier to kill them all (destroy, or killed by you, or drop shields/hull and kill manually), the mission gets marked as a failure and the Terrans send me a snarky message saying they beat them all without me.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there some kind of bug with the mission?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: [Bug][Spoiler] Terran Plot problem

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 9. May 21, 22:46

What's your rep with those "enemy" ships' faction?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

DocTass
x4

Post by DocTass » Mon, 10. May 21, 03:08

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 22:46
What's your rep with those "enemy" ships' faction?
Well I've played with my reputation (with cheats) for all the factions in game to try to get those ships set to enemy, but I think they belong to the in-game "neutral" faction, because no matter what, they only get set as enemy to me if I attack each one individually. The Terran ships in-system also don't attack them.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 10. May 21, 03:21

This will be fixed in the next update.

MFG

Ketraar

LoGyMW

Re: [FIX][Bug][Spoiler] Terran Plot problem

Post by LoGyMW » Tue, 11. May 21, 04:53

DocTass wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 20:47
Spoiler
Show
In the Terran plot, you get to the point where you're told to "Defend: Brennan's Triumph Delta." Trouble is, when I get in the sector, all the so-called "enemy" ships are not marked as enemies (seems like they're assigned to the "neutral" faction). If I kill them all myself or if I use Cycrow's cheat package to make it easier to kill them all (destroy, or killed by you, or drop shields/hull and kill manually), the mission gets marked as a failure and the Terrans send me a snarky message saying they beat them all without me.
Can i ask how you even managed to activate the Terran plot? I have found special discovery needed for it but can't seem to turn it in to explorers guild rep, he doesn't have that option. Or is there some other way to activate it?

Gryoz
x4

Post by Gryoz » Tue, 11. May 21, 14:42

LoGyMW wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 04:53
DocTass wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 20:47
Spoiler
Show
Can i ask how you even managed to activate the Terran plot? I have found special discovery needed for it but can't seem to turn it in to explorers guild rep, he doesn't have that option. Or is there some other way to activate it?
You need to purchase a special discovery from the explorers guild for 250,000 discovery points. IIRC turning in special discoveries is bugged and will be fixed in the next patch.

LoGyMW

Post by LoGyMW » Wed, 12. May 21, 00:55

Gryoz wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 14:42

You need to purchase a special discovery from the explorers guild for 250,000 discovery points. IIRC turning in special discoveries is bugged and will be fixed in the next patch.
Ok i finally managed to find one that sells it, gave me a mission that takes me to ''the Hole'' sector in Argon space. Is that the one? Im still far away from core Argon space as i went the other way with my exploring so it may take some time to loop all the way around

Gryoz
x4

Post by Gryoz » Wed, 12. May 21, 01:57

LoGyMW wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 00:55

Ok i finally managed to find one that sells it, gave me a mission that takes me to ''the Hole'' sector in Argon space. Is that the one? Im still far away from core Argon space as i went the other way with my exploring so it may take some time to loop all the way around
You should be on the right track now yea. Don't remember precisely what system it told me to go to but it was in argon space near argon prime.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”