Crashing Due to Sector/Universe Traders? - fixed in an upcoming update

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Da-V-Man
x4

Crashing Due to Sector/Universe Traders? - fixed in an upcoming update

Post by Da-V-Man » Sun, 9. May 21, 02:21

Over the last day or two, I've been experiencing various crashes, one of which I've mentioned in another post. I'm not sure if this one is related to the other, but I figure it's good to have more data. However with this one I've noticed a repeatable way to prevent it from crashing.

Copy of Save

Steps to reproduce
  1. Load the save
  2. Fly around in seta for a few minutes to observe the crash. Should be less than 2 IRL minutes if seta'd at 10x.
Steps to prevent crash
  1. Load the save
  2. Open the "My Property" page, find the universal trader in the ships list (it has "UT" in the name), and stop its current command.
  3. Fly around in seta for around the same time as above and observe that it will not have crashed.
I should note that it will crash again eventually I think because I have a few STs running. If that is not the case, or there is something I can do to avoid the crash, please let me know.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Crashing Due to Sector/Universe Traders?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 9. May 21, 09:41

Sorry, I did not manage to reply earlier. You're right, it is a problem with the MK3 trader scripts, and it will be fixed in an upcoming update.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

iparkan44
x3ap

Post by iparkan44 » Sun, 9. May 21, 13:12

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 09:41
Sorry, I did not manage to reply earlier. You're right, it is a problem with the MK3 trader scripts, and it will be fixed in an upcoming update.
I also noticed freezes occur when a galactic merchant first upgrades something to himself and then tries to start trading

Klord
x3ap

Re: Crashing Due to Sector/Universe Traders? - fixed in an upcoming update

Post by Klord » Sun, 9. May 21, 13:34

I just deployed a single sector trader hoping to increase my trade rank. Should I withdraw him?
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sun, 9. May 21, 16:53

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 09:41
That's okay. I understand completely given the flurry of activity on the forum, as well as the need to eat and sleep :wink:
Klord wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 13:34
I just deployed a single sector trader hoping to increase my trade rank. Should I withdraw him?
If you're okay with the lost chance for profit, it might be the more stable option until the patch version is released.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

Klord
x3ap

Re: Crashing Due to Sector/Universe Traders? - fixed in an upcoming update

Post by Klord » Sun, 9. May 21, 17:37

Da-V-Man wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 16:53
If you're okay with the lost chance for profit, it might be the more stable option until the patch version is released.
I prefer a stable game over profitsssss. Im running a mobile mining venture at the moment, so money aint that tight. Only thing I would miss here is the trade ranks. It looks like doing non combat missions dont increase trade rank. We have to do buy and sell for that which is the expertise of ST/UT. :roll:
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”