Game freezes at the same point every time - resolved for the moment

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Omni-Orb
x4

Game freezes at the same point every time - resolved for the moment

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 8. May 21, 12:31

Hei. The game seems to freeze so bad that i have to restart my pc.
Its the same save where i had a different problem before: viewtopic.php?f=199&t=438249
The way that issue resolved itself was that i went to buy weapons to take out the terrans but by the time i had them equipped thjey had destroyed the station and when i jumped in they where gone.
This new issue seems to freeze a while after i jump and fly towards the headquarters, just as i pass some hostile yaki.

Edit: here is the save file https://ufile.io/q5rknl36
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: Game freezes at the same point every time

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 8. May 21, 13:07

I have been reading about special discoveries and that they trigger a mission. That didnt happen this save either and i had 3 special discoveries and around 8 normal discoveries.
No idea if its relevant. Im guessing i have to start over now which is fine.
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 8. May 21, 17:42

Is the freezing in the savegame? Should i restart? Or should i wait untill a future patch? I really want to play the game.
Credence follow stars.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. May 21, 17:57

It's not freezing for me. However, are you sure that this is the correct save? In the save you're sitting in an Octopus Raider being docked to a station in President's End. So quite a bit away from your PHQ.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 8. May 21, 18:00

Yes that was the save. I jumped in the nemesis right after and jumped towards the player hq and then it freezes as i approach it.
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 8. May 21, 18:26

I tried doing the same thing now and it doesnt crash anymore its weird cause i tried restartiong the game before and turned on and off my pc and no change, now it doesnt crash for some reason so i guess its solved. Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for trying to help me :)
Credence follow stars.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. May 21, 19:23

Okay, good to know. Thanks for the confirmation. We're still looking into a couple of other issues where the game locks up or freezes. So free feel to report again, in case this happens again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”