[FL-554][BUG] Follow missions don't work, target ship remains stationary forever.

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

maxolina
x4

[FL-554][BUG] Follow missions don't work, target ship remains stationary forever.

Post by maxolina » Sat, 8. May 21, 11:53

You know the kind of missions where you have to follow somewhere from a safe distance to a rendezvous or to a base somewhere?

Those missions don't work at all in my game, I see the target slowly flying somewhere, but soon as I get somewhat close and the missions starts, the ship halts and stands still forever.

I have done a clean install of X3FL on a new system that didn't have any old games installed, and no mods whatsoever.
Last edited by TVCD on Sat, 8. May 21, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Jira port
lol

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [FL-554][BUG] Follow missions don't work, target ship remains stationary forever.

Post by TVCD » Sat, 8. May 21, 22:37

Can you provide a Save?
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

AdrianB1
x3tc

Re: [FL-554][BUG] Follow missions don't work, target ship remains stationary forever.

Post by AdrianB1 » Sat, 22. May 21, 22:21

I see the same problem, all Covert Operation missions are broken, the ships stop as soon as I get in range even if they were moving before; the trigger that advances to the second step of the mission is making them stop. I can provide a save game, how should I deliver it?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 23. May 21, 11:08

Savegames are stored under Documents\Egosoft\X3FL\save. Simply upload it to a file sharing website (like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, easyupload, file-upload.net etc.) and post the link here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Sun, 23. May 21, 19:44

I have had the same problem.

I had some ships freeze in AP then react when you get within a couple KM of them was great for capping. Noticed something similar happening in Kingdom End with the M6s but wasn't ready to cap yet so didn't mess with them. I tried getting close to this one in a covert mission and even shot it and did not react.

It was a while back no save from it.

BaZERGer
x4

Post by BaZERGer » Sun, 23. May 21, 22:17

I remember having the issue too, i speculated on whether it was trying to path through hostile sectors, as i noticed the autopilot will refuse to accept a command, if you try do it.

I think the mission i had was in Cloudbase South East, i remember wondering if it was having issues pathing past the shipyard there, but turned out it was just idling. A try later, it just stopped in it's tracks once i got close, i think that was a TS though.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 24. May 21, 00:34

FWIW IIRC this problem happened not infrequently in TC too, leading me to believe that it's more fundamental than an FL issue; hopefully with enough saves as examples the source will be tracked down & fixed (perhaps for TC & presumably AP too?)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

AdrianB1
x3tc

Post by AdrianB1 » Sat, 29. May 21, 17:28

Is that file helping? Should I provide more?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”