Prices need to change

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Mr.Killer
x4

Prices need to change

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 8. May 21, 10:42

Station prices... You guys really need to split that up in selling price and buying price...
At one point I watched my financial report and saw all products I have been storing there were sold..... Now how am I to know or regulate it if the price is just one price; as example energycells, I need them, so unless hauling them myself, other ships can sell them to me. If I put the price to 20, is that the price I pay for them cells that other ships bring in or is it the price that they pay??? :?

Very disturbing start of this game if everything hangs in the balance, that is why I never did this sort of trading in X3-AP or before.... very disturbing and not very good.
A real pity this has never gotten any attention from the devs or YOU, the player base.....

So, does anyone agree on this or am I looking at it the wrong way the whole time I played?
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Prices need to change

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. May 21, 11:26

In a single factory, there are only two types of wares: resources and products.
  • Resources are only bought by your factory. So traders who bring them in get the money you have set as a price. Thus your station will have to pay the traders.
  • Products can only be sold by your factory. So traders who buy them will have to pay the price you have set. Thus your station will earn money.
In a complex of two or more factories you will have additionally intermediate wares, which are a product of one factory, but also used as a resource by another factory:
  • Intermediate wares can be bought and/or sold by a factory. In the "adjust station parameters" menu of your complex you can set how single or all intermediate wares should be treated, whether as a resource or a product or if they're generally tradeable. In the latter case the set price is both the selling price for the product as well as the buying price for the resource. You can also forbid trading of intermediate wares completely.
Now for pricing, in a factory in the products section, there is a number displayed in brackets [xxx]. That's the selling price you have to set to make a profit from selling that product based on the buying prices of the resources. Additionally, from the command console of your station, you can set the 'adjust prices automatically' option, which will increase / decrease the ware prices based on their stock levels.

As for your own automated traders (e.g. Sell / Buy for best price commands), they will usually understand the set price as a maximum value for buying or a minimum value for selling. For example:
  • For a resource set to 16 Credits, your traders would look for places to buy that resource at a maximum price of 16 Credits or lower.
  • For a product set to 16 Credits, your traders would look for places to sell that product for a price of at least 16 Credits or more.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 8. May 21, 12:20

Ok, have not been looking at it closer then, stupid me. Is it something new then? difference between resources and products?
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 11:26
In a single factory, there are only two types of wares: resources and products.
  • Resources are only bought by your factory. So traders who bring them in get the money you have set as a price. Thus your station will have to pay the traders.
  • Products can only be sold by your factory. So traders who buy them will have to pay the price you have set. Thus your station will earn money.
I want not to lose money over items that I need desperately to build that station for the Boron...
This part I do understand:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 11:26
Now for pricing, in a factory in the products section, there is a number displayed in brackets [xxx]. That's the selling price you have to set to make a profit from selling that product based on the buying prices of the resources. Additionally, from the command console of your station, you can set the 'adjust prices automatically' option, which will increase / decrease the ware prices based on their stock levels.
So the difference between products and resources on a station is very thin (I mean visually they are on the same page and do not jump out in sight, I tend to skip over the items very fast and forget that they are two different things), and if I understand correctly, a station that manufactures products/ships/stations, only buy resources... Am I correct?

(This skipping is what I earlier did when I only went to fight and not put any focus on building, now with X3FL I have to re-learn to play it...) :roll: :wink:

Also, I seem to have lost the way to reverse engineer a ship, came across it in the very beginning and now I want to reverse engineer that Demeter, of no use at this point because I found a much better Dolphin, I want to reverse engineer it to have it in my blue prints when needed. Or is it better to scrap it for material? Still fuzzing about that....
Can you help me on that? please? (I do feel stupid though, now!)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 8. May 21, 12:26

I elaborate on something, Outside my station, I find 'adjust station parameters' where products and resources are mixed.... that is what makes it also confusing....

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 8. May 21, 13:32

for Docks/HQ, you can tell it how to handle each ware. The default is Tradeable, which is both buy and sell. If you change this to Product, it'll only sell, and if you change it to resource, it'll only buy. Or to Storage, which will neither buy or sell

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 8. May 21, 13:32

Ahhh, never mind, I'll never get the hang of it..... I think I leave this too, it is apparently not for me....

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”