Can the Spacelab HQ be moved to another sector? - answered

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Drone_101
x4

Re: Can the Spacelab HQ be moved to another sector? - answered

Post by Drone_101 » Sat, 15. May 21, 11:52

chip56 wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 11:45
I think it would be a good idea to add that software to more stations in a later patch. Maybe the Homesectors of each race and each corporation. That way you would have more options where to get it. That its only 1 faction that sells it feels a bit off.
Yeah, at least the Mk 1 and Mk 2 versions of the software need to be more readily available as it's required for building player made complexes, not just the automagically placed ones.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 15. May 21, 12:34

chip56 wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 11:45
I think it would be a good idea to add that software to more stations in a later patch. Maybe the Homesectors of each race and each corporation. That way you would have more options where to get it. That its only 1 faction that sells it feels a bit off.
IMO its fine to have it only with NMMC. There are other software as well that is race/ corporation specific.
Besides, Teladi are friendly folks with everyone, and the software doesn't require very high notoriety to obtain.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Sat, 15. May 21, 15:29

Klord wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 12:34
IMO its fine to have it only with NMMC. There are other software as well that is race/ corporation specific.
Besides, Teladi are friendly folks with everyone, and the software doesn't require very high notoriety to obtain.
yes there are other things specific to some factions. However considering that every faction has TL ships it would make sense that every faction also has the software for them. At least the mk 1 and 2.
And it makes no sense that the nividium mining corp is the only one with building software. It makes sense that they are the only ones with nividum mines. Would make more sense if jonferco or maybe Atreus would have the software mk3, they are lacking stuff right now anyway.

Flixer
x4

Post by Flixer » Sun, 16. May 21, 07:41

Nelo_angelo wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 03:42
You can buy it at the NMMC Headquarters in:
Spoiler
Show
PTNI Headquarters beta
:wink:
Thanks. Really love this feature of being able to move the spacelab. It doesn't lose any blueprints right?

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sun, 16. May 21, 08:50

Flixer wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 07:41
Thanks. Really love this feature of being able to move the spacelab. It doesn't lose any blueprints right?
Nope. TL packs up everything in the station, including wares (provided you have enough cargo space in the ship). Im not sure about any ships though, so make sure you undock them first.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 16. May 21, 09:44

Any ships will be unlocked and set to follow the TL, they will then redock once you place the station again

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sun, 16. May 21, 10:03

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 16. May 21, 09:44
Any ships will be unlocked and set to follow the TL, they will then redock once you place the station again
Yes, the ships undock upon recieving the pack station command. I had a Pirate M5 docked and stuck in my Bofu Lab, he undocked and ran away when I issued the pack station command. :D

LoGyMW

Post by LoGyMW » Mon, 17. May 21, 06:32

So i packed up my HQ and moved my own TL to a sector i own however when i try to use the command to build the station there the command is grayed out. What gives?
EDIT: never mind, i had to be in the same sector as TL for him to be able to redeploy HQ

Thandrall
x4

Post by Thandrall » Wed, 19. May 21, 21:21

Sorry if this is a slight necro, but what is the weight of the HQ pack? I tried taking it out, said its over weight, filled up all my ships with the stuff I've taken from it, but its still overweight and just curious just how much more I need to get to get it down under weight.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 20. May 21, 04:16

Thandrall wrote:
Wed, 19. May 21, 21:21
Sorry if this is a slight necro, but what is the weight of the HQ pack? I tried taking it out, said its over weight, filled up all my ships with the stuff I've taken from it, but its still overweight and just curious just how much more I need to get to get it down under weight.
I cant remember exactly, but definitely over 30,000 cargo units. My Mammoth with 60k capacity only had small space left when it loaded the HQ with all its wares and materials.
Note that when you pack the station, it get packed with all the wares and materials stored there. So if you are using an Elephant, it may become a difficult venture. Suggest to transfer stored stuff to a TS and then pack the station.

Argent Valcendre

Post by Argent Valcendre » Thu, 20. May 21, 04:42

Completely empty, it took 25000 space (Version 1.0, no upgrade) and the Elephant could easily transport the Headquarters.

Hawkseyez
x4

Post by Hawkseyez » Sat, 9. Sep 23, 05:25

MasterStankman wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 03:34
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 17:13
Your TL requires the Build Command Software Mk2.
Realized this may get more attention with a link;
Anyone know where to find the Build Command Software?
in my current game i happened to be spawned in an unclaimed sector next to Getsu Fune in the upper right corner. GF has 6 different race equipment docks, all with different stuffs, and the build 1 and 2 are at the Teladi dock.
have fun

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 10. Sep 23, 06:21

Hawkseyez wrote:
Sat, 9. Sep 23, 05:25
MasterStankman wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 03:34
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 17:13
Your TL requires the Build Command Software Mk2.
Realized this may get more attention with a link;
Anyone know where to find the Build Command Software?
in my current game i happened to be spawned in an unclaimed sector next to Getsu Fune in the upper right corner. GF has 6 different race equipment docks, all with different stuffs, and the build 1 and 2 are at the Teladi dock.
have fun
Getsu Fune has equipment docks from 5 races, not 6. The Terrans are not represented there :mrgreen: Regardless, still the best place in the game to kit out a newly-acquired ship! :lol:

OrionTaltos
x4

Post by OrionTaltos » Mon, 11. Sep 23, 20:58

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 10. Sep 23, 06:21
Getsu Fune has equipment docks from 5 races, not 6. The Terrans are not represented there :mrgreen: Regardless, still the best place in the game to kit out a newly-acquired ship! :lol:
Confusion probably comes from the Boron Trading Station that gives it a 6th structure even if it's just a doc. Though a nasty sector for me. Always Xenon floating through :xenon:
Arrow + Auto-Pillok + SETA = White Knuckle Terror

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 12. Sep 23, 04:02

OrionTaltos wrote:
Mon, 11. Sep 23, 20:58
Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 10. Sep 23, 06:21
Confusion probably comes from the Boron Trading Station that gives it a 6th structure even if it's just a doc. Though a nasty sector for me. Always Xenon floating through :xenon:
It's why I keep an advanced satellite in that sector to monitor Xenon ships transiting the area. Not the safest place for new ships to be going from dock to dock if they haven't received all their weapons and shields yet or the ship itself is very slow. And if the Xenon do show up when I have a new ship to equip, I put in an appearance of my own to take control of the situation :twisted: :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 12. Sep 23, 06:09

Hands down most dangerous sectors because of Xenon visits, Getsu Fune and Menaleus Paradise.

I use the blacklist to keep my ships out of those 2 sectors. It's not uncommon for them to both get dual Q visits.

Second to that, Black Hole Sun and Scale Plate Green followed by Grand Exchange. These get frequented quite a bit, but these 3 aren't as bad as the first 2. Once you have the funds and ability, best to put security to stop the flow here. And by security I do mean of the M2 variety. And at least 2 or 3 of them. It'll keep any Q's in check.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”