[Spoilers] New and Unique Ship

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Ezendeir
xr

[Spoilers] New and Unique Ship

Post by Ezendeir » Thu, 6. May 21, 16:33

While tinkering around with the game and the Script Editor, I managed to spawn...
Spoiler
Show
The Kogarasu Maru
Perhaps it is a bit too early to ask, but...
Spoiler
Show
What is its purpose? Is it related to the Terran Plot? Does it have a special feature? So far I've noticed that its stats are very similar to the Hyperion Vanguard, and both of them are the only M6s that can dock a Fighter from what I've seen.
Just a hint will do for me. Thank you in advance :)
Each battle a chance to grow.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Spoilers] New and Unique Ship

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 6. May 21, 16:46

Yes

MFG

Ketraar

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 7. May 21, 09:14

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 16:46
Yes

MFG

Ketraar
Are there more than one plot? If so, how can we initiate them after returning back to known universe?

I havent seen a Hyperion yet? Has it removed/ changed from AP?

I found couple of tuning carts, wondering whether I should save them up for a better ship. Thats why all the questions. Thanks....
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

dony93
x3tc

Post by dony93 » Fri, 7. May 21, 09:20

I stumbled upon this ship on Roguey's and it looks like the PERFECT personal ship. Is it possible to get it with the two base Argon/Teladi starts? Otherwise I could start the game again just for it :mrgreen:

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 7. May 21, 09:47

dony93 wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 09:20
I stumbled upon this ship on Roguey's and it looks like the PERFECT personal ship. Is it possible to get it with the two base Argon/Teladi starts? Otherwise I could start the game again just for it :mrgreen:
Do you mean the ship mentioned with the spoiler tag here? Yup. It looks like an exact replica of Hyp except it can mount better guns in all turrets !

By the way, there is no Terran start available. So, dunno what you are talking about.

dony93
x3tc

Post by dony93 » Fri, 7. May 21, 09:52

In AP the main plot was slightly different depending on the selected start...I don't know if it's the same in FL. I assume it's not, but I asked anyway to be sure I won't miss this gem of a ship. Yes, I'm referring to the one in the spoilers!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:23

The ship will be available to all starts. And no its not a replica of the Hyperion at all.

MFG

Ketraar

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 7. May 21, 13:35

Ketraar wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 13:23
The ship will be available to all starts. And no its not a replica of the Hyperion at all.

MFG

Ketraar
Stat wise it is exactly alike though. Except for wepon configuration.

By the way, may we know how to obtain this? :mrgreen:

JcJet
x4

Post by JcJet » Fri, 7. May 21, 14:56

Klord wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 13:35
Ketraar wrote:

MFG

Ketraar

Spoiler
Show
Somewhere in Xenon sectors in top-left part of the map you can find a Special Discovery with the scanner. Give it to Explorer Guild representative, select the option to spend the exploration points, and one of the options can be "Special Discovery", might take 2 or 3 tries for it to appear. Then the new plot start, you'll figure up the rest.
I'm not sure if the location of this discovery is not random from save to save though.
Since we have Kobayashi Maru, I wonder who are the Klingons... :)
In case anyone wants to spoil everything for himself and see how it looks like:

mallard
x4

Post by mallard » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 14:49

Klord wrote:
Ketraar wrote:

MFG

Ketraar

I would agree. I just got the kogarasu maru and apart from weapons it’s exactly the same as the Hyperion stat wise. Even the weird cargo bay size 3333. However it does have a poorer cockpit position. The cockpit in the Hyperion is almost at the very front, giving a great field of view. The kogarasu Maria cockpit is at the back, meaning at least a quarter of the field of view is taken up the ship.

I gave mine some engine tunings and rudder optimisations. Now running at 260 m/s. Time will tell if it replaces the Hyperion as my favourite ship

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 15:06

mallard wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 14:49
I would agree. I just got the kogarasu maru and apart from weapons it’s exactly the same as the Hyperion stat wise. Even the weird cargo bay size 3333. However it does have a poorer cockpit position. The cockpit in the Hyperion is almost at the very front, giving a great field of view. The kogarasu Maria cockpit is at the back, meaning at least a quarter of the field of view is taken up the ship.
The biggest issue with the cockpit that far behind in my opinion is that hits are more likly to be in front of your cockpit and thus messing up vision. Even some small fast firing weapons that would not hinder my sight in a M3 can hinder sight in the kogarasu maru.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 16:32

chip56 wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 15:06
The biggest issue with the cockpit that far behind in my opinion is that hits are more likly to be in front of your cockpit and thus messing up vision. Even some small fast firing weapons that would not hinder my sight in a M3 can hinder sight in the kogarasu maru.
If you use Video enhancement goggles zooming 1x times, the view becomes much better. Though everything is zoomed in and our field of vision is reduced.

At least if we can start the view from that level, it would be great. Now I love this ship design, it looks sleek, stats are awesome, better weapon coverage than Hyperion,. It has everything except for the most needed thing. The view from cockpit !!!

So I went back to good old Hyperion.

Thandrall
x4

Post by Thandrall » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 20:35

Klord wrote:
Ketraar wrote:

MFG

Ketraar

It also actually has a better weapon generator as well according to Rougey's. 7000 more base energy with an extra 588/s generation.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”