Random Queries !

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Klord
x3ap

Random Queries !

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 04:33

So, instead of creating new topics for every query I stumble upon, I decide to have a single thread this time around.

1. How can I recruit agents? The encyclopedia entry is a little bit vague in this regard. The agent the plot gave me is no longer available either. Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thanking... :)
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Aranov
x4

Re: Random Queries !

Post by Aranov » Thu, 6. May 21, 04:37

A Single Passenger Transport missions will sometimes offer an agent in addition to any other rewards. Should say right in mission box the credits reward and something like "+Agent".
These missions are the ones that need a TP, and often have short times on them to finish.
I think I've seen station defense missions with agent rewards too.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 05:21

Thank you. I got one from a protect station mission. I have another related query.

2. I have some already gathered influence. When I try to spend it to obtain race notoriety, it only allows me to target main factions such as Argon, Teladi, Pirate etc. Doesnt allow me to target Corporate factions. Is this normal? Is there any way I can use agents to increase the reputation with corporations using agents?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 6. May 21, 05:35

Klord wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 05:21
Doesnt allow me to target Corporate factions. Is this normal? Is there any way I can use agents to increase the reputation with corporations using agents?
You have to discover the corp HQ first, then send the agent there specifically
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 06:06

Still impossible.

I can send an agent to gather influence from OTAS HQ. But no way to spend them.

Edit: Its working now. Problem solved.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 07:04

3. How can I have friendly rep with everyone?

I know dynamic relations makes it very difficult obtain this. But it should be possible somehow right?

Every time I send an agent to increase rep with a specific faction, I loose similar amount of rep from their opposing factions. I feel like this is a not so good mechanism. Its alright to loose some rep, but loosing a hefty some is a pain in butt.

Also, I loose rep with Paranid for killing xenons or pirates in argon space! Forget about pirates, they acts in mysterious ways. But Xenons are a common enemy and killing them in a far away sector causing to loose reputation. Thats a bit messed up IMO. Game is pushing the player to take a pacified approach. This make combat useless. :roll:

or am I missing something here?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 6. May 21, 13:32

Its not similar amount, the negative impact is a fraction of your gain towards a opposing faction, so you can balance out at average rep for all but you cannot have oposing factions both at top rep, that is by design.

MFG

Ketraar

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 13:37

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 13:32
Its not similar amount, the negative impact is a fraction of your gain towards a opposing faction, so you can balance out at average rep for all but you cannot have oposing factions both at top rep, that is by design.

MFG

Ketraar
I think its more than a fraction. The rep gain and loss is more or less same. Please check this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=199&t=438159

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 15:29

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 13:32

MFG

Ketraar
Sharing some screenshots to your reference. The rep loss is not a fraction of the gain at all !!! (all below rep changes occurred due to non combat missions)

Somewhat even scenario, still a tad unfavorable to the player.

Not at all a fraction !

and again,

Please consider changing the reputation system. The grind is what makes X3 fun. Rep grind is part of that and this status is not helping at all. Thanking you. :)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 6. May 21, 16:16

We could consider adjusting it IF there was a major issue, but this is a very core feature related to Diplomacy. I understand people are used to be able to just be friends with everyone, but it has been a thing that irked me for a very long time.

Ranks are not linear so higher ranks are worth more the lower ones, so it "looks" like the change is comparable, but it is not.

In addition to be able to just balance the missions you make or the factions you trade to keep a balance you have the Diplomacy tools that allow you to do relation changed specifically targeted if there is a need to compensate your tendency to trade or make missions for a specific race.

MFG

Ketraar

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 16:43

I understand. Its a valid point, I have to say, I share the same sentiment.

Im just wishing for a slight tweak, so that we have a teeny tiny edge over rep loss. Please consider. Or at least provide a customizable tool (dunno if thats possible at all though).

Some other related queries,

4. Can I earn reputation even if Im in the bottom of the rep scale? I know this possible in TC/AP, but its a huge grind luring and killing enemy ships in related sectors. Is there any other ways (agents maybe)?

5. Does usage of agents have a rep hit for other factions? It seems like that in my game. If so, can you shed some light in to how the mechanism works.
Ex: Gain 2 rep lvls, loose 1 rep level with x faction.

Thanking in advance...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 6. May 21, 16:50

if you dont care about going modified, then it can easily be changed by editing the globals file

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 16:51

In a side note:

One should be able to be a lone mercenary, or a lone trader. No alliances, just you and your ships trading, fighting for your own gain.
Now if somebody wants to ally with a faction/ corporation, there will be pros and cons. I believe that should be the ideal way for a sandbox game like X3. Just sharing my thoughts. :)
Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 16:50
if you dont care about going modified, then it can easily be changed by editing the globals file
I like to play unmodified Cycrow. Played modded games all my life except for a recent warm up run in AP (readying for FL). Anyhow, as said, im just sharing my thoughts.

Million thanks for the team for delivering this beautiful game. :)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 6. May 21, 17:20

Klord wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 16:51
One should be able to be a lone mercenary, or a lone trader. No alliances, just you and your ships trading, fighting for your own gain.
Yes but you are not in a own universe, all the other factions are in there too, they have allies and they have enemies and you live within this universe. Actions need consequences to make them mean something. So while its a bit intrusive (which is the point) its not so much you cant do your trading for your own thing, you can, in fact you now even have MORE tools that allow you to adjust your interactions with other factions.

As said for me this is a core thing that gives meaning to the rest, without any impact to rep things get stale and the universe dies out over time, so the idea is to keep you on your toes here and there. (you'll find this is a recurring theme in other new features).

MFG

Ketraar

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 17:52

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 17:20
Yes but you are not in a own universe, all the other factions are in there too, they have allies and they have enemies and you live within this universe. Actions need consequences to make them mean something. So while its a bit intrusive (which is the point) its not so much you cant do your trading for your own thing, you can, in fact you now even have MORE tools that allow you to adjust your interactions with other factions.

As said for me this is a core thing that gives meaning to the rest, without any impact to rep things get stale and the universe dies out over time, so the idea is to keep you on your toes here and there. (you'll find this is a recurring theme in other new features).

MFG

Ketraar
Thank you for the prompt response. Lets not discuss about that further. Im more than happy about what we have now. :)

By the way, can you please answer my 4th and 5th question?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 6. May 21, 17:59

4. You can use diplomacy, or get missions from races, even at the bottom ranks. The chance of finding them outside their sectors is limited but possible

5. Gaining rep via diplomacy works the same way as any other rep gain, you will lose upto 30% of the rep points with their enemies (depending on how hostile they are)

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 6. May 21, 18:16

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 17:59
4. You can use diplomacy, or get missions from races, even at the bottom ranks. The chance of finding them outside their sectors is limited but possible

5. Gaining rep via diplomacy works the same way as any other rep gain, you will lose upto 30% of the rep points with their enemies (depending on how hostile they are)
Thanks brother. That sorted out most of my worries. There will be a chance to redeem myself if I wanted to. :)

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”