[FL-535][BUG] Cannot place relay beacon to correct point

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

cheef.che
x4

[FL-535][BUG] Cannot place relay beacon to correct point

Post by cheef.che » Thu, 6. May 21, 01:32

I've placed three relay beacons to the correct points, but then occasionaly destroy one by accellerating to it. So now I have another beacon built, but mission doesn't show the correct point to place it anymore. I've tried a lot of times dropping it (to form the triangle), but no chance to progress mission further. It's always showing 2/3 beacons deployed.
Last edited by TVCD on Thu, 6. May 21, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Jira port

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Cannot place relay beacon to correct point

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 6. May 21, 01:43

cheef.che wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 01:32
I've placed three relay beacons to the correct points, but then occasionaly destroy one by accellerating to it. [...] but no chance to progress mission further. It's always showing 2/3 beacons deployed.
FWIW i mentioned several times in testing that the fragility of beacons/satellites should be addressed (& that the spawn min radius for jump beacons should be increased to avoid inadvertent collisions, even with Betty at the controls), along with the uncompletable mission issue that may have been lost in the cruft, but these issues will prolly be addressed in the future :(

In the meantime, my best advice is to be careful around beacons/sats! :(
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Thu, 6. May 21, 03:05

I had to restart the game. You can de-deploy and it will transform into a collectable box but after that the waypoint to drop the thing won't be visible. I was over cautious but only used the auto save when docked. Paid the price.

Ok lots of player complained about there is no learning curve but IMHO this story gamestart is just so so sloooooow.

Then there will be a side issue with
Spoiler
Show
to get a trading soft ext mark II makes you annoyed as hell with manual trading for the next level of spoiler spoiler n spoiler
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

cheef.che
x4

Post by cheef.che » Thu, 6. May 21, 20:06

thanks for reply, seems I have to start new game, cause don't have save. Anyway I'll be appreciate if devs fixes this someday :D

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 6. May 21, 20:14

Can you provide a savegame please?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Thu, 6. May 21, 22:36

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 20:14
Can you provide a savegame please?
I no longer have the savedgame but I placed a relay beacon in the middle of the jump point by mistake. So 2 was in the proper position the third is not. Then tried the un deploy option in hope the game will give me the position it has to be again but it does not working. Tried to make another beacon in the player HQ maybe then it will work. Collected all with the un deploy maybe then it will give me the correct waypoints.... all that. Nothing worked so i gave up restart the game. This was my very first restart in my X history many many thousand of hours gameplay.
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 6. May 21, 23:34

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 01:43
cheef.che wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 01:32
I've placed three relay beacons to the correct points, but then occasionaly destroy one by accellerating to it. [...] but no chance to progress mission further. It's always showing 2/3 beacons deployed.
FWIW i mentioned several times in testing that the fragility of beacons/satellites should be addressed (& that the spawn min radius for jump beacons should be increased to avoid inadvertent collisions, even with Betty at the controls), along with the uncompletable mission issue that may have been lost in the cruft, but these issues will prolly be addressed in the future :(

In the meantime, my best advice is to be careful around beacons/sats! :(
Flying over your own deployable assets shouldn't destroy them, but rather place them in your cargo hold again. Flying over a correctly placed relay beacon, shouldn't have any effect at all, as the collision for the beacon gets turned off. Therefore, I'm at loss here you managed to destroy your own relay beacons. :gruebel:
Virtualaughing wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 22:36
Then tried the un deploy option in hope the game will give me the position it has to be again but it does not working.
This is the unfortunate problem here, as you most-likely used the undeploy command on an already correctly placed beacon. Normally, the collision for correctly placed beacons gets turned off to prevent them from being destroyed or picked up again. However, the undeploy command is still available. And using this on correctly placed beacons apparently breaks the unlock process. Unfortunely, there is no way to tell those correctly and not correctly placed beacons apart during the process, besides flying through them. So this needs to be improved, or even better the undeploy command shouldn't be available for these correctly placed beacons in the first place.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 7. May 21, 02:33

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 23:34
Flying over your own deployable assets shouldn't destroy them, but rather place them in your cargo hold again. Flying over a correctly placed relay beacon, shouldn't have any effect at all, as the collision for the beacon gets turned off. Therefore, I'm at loss here you managed to destroy your own relay beacons.
I was never talking about beacons/sats placed by <player>, but about beacons placed/spawned by NPC factions/races (the easiest to test is the one in HVE: if you manually jump to that beacon (esp in a small ship), & don't glance at the direction the ship's facing before starting to accelerate, it's v easy to ram the beacon to destruction & therefore incur a rep loss (plus a useful jump point! :( )). That being said, the auto-collection of <player>-owned deployables is occasionally irritating, but less so than accidentally ramming it to death :)

However I still question the point of having NPC JBs 'spawned' in at least small to medium-sized sectors that already have jump gates: what a pointless waste of resources!
or even better the undeploy command shouldn't be available for these correctly placed beacons in the first place.
I was never sure how the 'undeploy' command (is supposed to) work, so I left it alone during testing (more urgent priorities etc). Does it auto-fly <ship> to collect the relevant asset; does it simply disable that asset to be collected later (à la X4); or does it do something else?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Fri, 7. May 21, 04:21

Virtualaughing wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 22:36
Then tried the un deploy option in hope the game will give me the position it has to be again but it does not working.
This is the unfortunate problem here, as you most-likely used the undeploy command on an already correctly placed beacon. Normally, the collision for correctly placed beacons gets turned off to prevent them from being destroyed or picked up again. However, the undeploy command is still available. And using this on correctly placed beacons apparently breaks the unlock process. Unfortunely, there is no way to tell those correctly and not correctly placed beacons apart during the process, besides flying through them. So this needs to be improved, or even better the undeploy command shouldn't be available for these correctly placed beacons in the first place.
[/quote]

Thank you. I rather solve a problem than reload. Most of the games i have played not even close to X in this manner. This makes you guys extra hard to make this game. Thank You again for explaining!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”