[answered]Killing Pirates

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Klord
x3ap

Re: [answered]Killing Pirates

Post by Klord » Fri, 14. May 21, 09:54

Wait a minuet, I just realized you are talking about main plot mission objective to kill some pirates. As I remember, in my case, they were spread throughout Holy Vision sectors. Did you check all the sectors, every knock and corner? I remember having more pirate ships than I needed to kill.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 14. May 21, 11:41

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 09:34
Do you still have your savegame from before finishing that mission?
I'll check, but probably not, I think I only used autosave during that time, and have landed at more than three stations afterwards.
Edit: As I thought, no luck, sorry.
Klord wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 09:54
Wait a minuet, I just realized you are talking about main plot mission objective to kill some pirates. As I remember, in my case, they were spread throughout Holy Vision sectors. Did you check all the sectors, every knock and corner? I remember having more pirate ships than I needed to kill.
Yes, that is the mission I was talking about, which was why I was so frustrated, as it completely blocked me from advancing.
I spent those 6+ hours (real time, not ingame) sector hopping through all Holy Vision sectors and checking missions. During that time, I found one M5 in Holy Vision epsilon (kill 1), a group of 3 M3, 1M4 and 1M5 in Holy Vision gamma (killed the M4 (kill 2), the M5 got taken out by NPCs during that), 2 M3s in Holy Vision beta, and nothing in Holy Vision zeta nor in Holy Vision alpha.
Spoiler
Show
From time to time I also checked the pirate base in The Void alpha, no luck there either.
Kill 3+4 were from the one pirate base defense mission I found in Holy Vision epsilon, and the final kill was one of the M3s in Holy Vision gamma that got knocked down to 2% hull by NPCs and had no back turret. Still took some hugging a station to survive the missile onslaught. By that time it was either that or quit playing altogether though.
I think I remember seeing a group of pirate ships in zeta before I got the mission to kill pirates, they were gone by the time I had the mission though.
As a personal service to all who try to keep up with my professional work:
[ external image ]

My script: Shiploot v1.04 ... loot shipwrecks, collect different loot parts and upgrade your ships!
Mein Skript: Schiffswracks looten v1.04 ... Durchsuche Schiffswracks, sammle Lootteile und verbessere Deine Schiffe!

lampacz
x4

Post by lampacz » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:32

after 5 hours i deleted game - waiting to spawn M5/M4

Holy Vision zeta has pirate M3 - unable to kill (turret), i've 4 pirate kills (so i need last one)

mostly of game time i was traveling in circle: epsilon - delta - zeta - gamma - delta - beta - alpha (nothing found, no spawn)

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:35

lampacz wrote:
Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:32
after 5 hours i deleted game - waiting to spawn M5/M4

Holy Vision zeta has pirate M3 - unable to kill (turret), i've 4 pirate kills (so i need last one)

mostly of game time i was traveling in circle: epsilon - delta - zeta - gamma - delta - beta - alpha (nothing found, no spawn)
Accept a station defense mission with pirates as the enemy to spawn pirates.

lampacz
x4

Post by lampacz » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 15:50

no pirate misson - only xenon

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”