It felt so GOOOOOOOOOD!!!

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

dtpsprt
x4

It felt so GOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 5. May 21, 02:06

Being the strange person I am:

1) Felt justified for being lazy to totally erase my hard drive to make a fresh install for Linux and put the Windows where they belong (the dark pages of Computing History). Will have to wait "a bit" for the Linux version to materialise...

2) Back in the "old" controls is just like swimming, bicycle and something else... after 5 mins all reflexes are back!!!

3) Was amazed that the autopilot just brought my ship in the station on the first try!!! (played X4 too much)

4) Felt huge relief when I splated over the station (X4 eat your heart out)!!!

5) Finally!!! A non-intrusive UI and able to fly and watch the map at the same time!!!

BRAVO Development Team... my grateful thanks!!!

P.S.1 A Boron? Really? Was it Egosoft's request?

P.S.2 @Egosoft: Can you please HIRE the people that did it and listen to them? Wouldn't mind paying for it full price to help with the severance packages of those responsible for the X Rebirth/X4 debackle!!!

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Re: It felt so GOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Post by Aven Valkyr » Wed, 5. May 21, 18:51

Pretty sure they went with boron because it's lore rich, they are following the books written about the event. The borons are supposed to be the techno nerds of the game. So ya I think that's why. Besides it's kind of interesting having a heavily involved plot line, and learning the characteristics of each species.

As for everything else, yeah I second the motion. X3 is a very well polished platform and yah I will for sure be buying the donation pack. You guys earned it for sure! My only request with the donation pack is for it to come with some special edition ship, preferred an M6 of some sorts. That would be super cool!

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 5. May 21, 19:36

Aven Valkyr wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 18:51
Pretty sure they went with boron because it's lore rich, they are following the books written about the event. The borons are supposed to be the techno nerds of the game. So ya I think that's why. Besides it's kind of interesting having a heavily involved plot line, and learning the characteristics of each species.

As for everything else, yeah I second the motion. X3 is a very well polished platform and yah I will for sure be buying the donation pack. You guys earned it for sure! My only request with the donation pack is for it to come with some special edition ship, preferred an M6 of some sorts. That would be super cool!
Well... once you have advanced the "intro" plot enough (not much), you get the sandbox starts... In there is one with a much beloved M6....

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Thu, 6. May 21, 03:46

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 19:36

Well... once you have advanced the "intro" plot enough (not much), you get the sandbox starts... In there is one with a much beloved M6....
Oooo then it's either a Vadar or Springblossom 😁

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 6. May 21, 12:01

Aven Valkyr wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 03:46
dtpsprt wrote:

Its the Other M6 ;)

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Thu, 6. May 21, 13:51

X3 is superior but i love some things in x4 too. It is just the handling of stuff is much easier. The thing I don't missed is that we have to make a chain again for only producing energy. That part is annoying. The old bio food silicon crystal energy loop takes half the empire. The robot/auto pilot is way better than the person hire system. The stand up from the chair is just blah in X4
And
This menu is a bit better but i would change it to the Reunion way in a heartbeat. X3:Reunion Menu is Superior!
Full control over traders working for the factory and JUMPRANGE is just a dream way for X4. When you build a module and you can see your set of prices worth it or not is another excellent feature in the X3 universe.
"God" bless for the new X3 :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Thu, 6. May 21, 21:22

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 12:01
Aven Valkyr wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 03:46
dtpsprt wrote:

Its the Other M6 ;)
Ahhh, then it must be the M6 beginning with
Spoiler
Show
'K'
8)
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”