Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 00:22

I bought a Cormorant while I had an agent at a Teladi shipyard, once I've equipped it with a mining laser I'm going to send it to Perpetual Sin to join the other ships I already have in the system, there's a lot of nividium rocks still to be collected. Depending on how effective the 4 mining drones it came with are will determine if I have the HQ manufacture the remaining 8. Another batch of the mineral sold giving 150M. Once I finally kick off the TOA construction (I visited every chip plant in my database to get the last few hundred chips) I'll see how much space the remaining materials occupy and from there use the requisite number of Owls. With a capacity of 31,250 it's got almost as much space as the Elephant, the smallest TL.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 4. Oct 21, 22:55

Ok I gotta share this. So sometimes the game really does throw you a bone. I was entering Duke's Citadel after I saw a PX and P roaming about, had to jump out my Boa quickly to avoid agro. Entered via the North Gate, and started approaching the PX which turned away from me just before it got into weapons range. As I pummeled it with CIG, taking its rear turrets defensive fire, watched its shields drop, then hull, never jumped out like those sometimes do. Boom! Then I decided to approach the P at the
Spoiler
Show
South TOA - Discovery Sector / Sanctuary of Darkness

As I approached it and brought it back into scanner range I noticed a couple containers past it. This is also the point I jumped my Boa out. System has a jump beacon in it. As I opened the Sector Map to look at the fleet composition I noticed one of the containers said Nividium. Then I looked at the quantity. 2000+ Nividium. "HOLY CRAP!!! JackPOT!!"

I happily risked one of my TS to scoop it up, not waiting for the hidden timer to pop it, nor did I get anywhere near it personally for fear of weapons fire destroying it. Easy 32 million credits. And I'm sure those probably came from my HQ at some point. Just a feeling. :D
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 01:42

A little light at the end of the tunnel. I have noticed a few asteroids respawn that I believe were OOS mined by my fleet of miners.
Spoiler
Show
The Void Alpha - Both Nividium roids have respawned. I don't recall if I ever used the automate mining command, but one was definitely auto-mined by my HQ based miner. And the silicon roid next to the South TOA gate respawned and it was broken and depleted entirely by that fleet while I was collecting the minerals for my first TOA.
I also wanted to report my opinion on the Nividium mine as well, as opposed to mobile mining.

It does operate at a profit, "a small one", but the setup cost and length of time revealed that basically it isn't worth the time and effort when compared to having a fleet out and about. Cycle times are high, having a decent amount available to sell is tough, and keeping it stocked with e-cells cause it depletes quickly is very annoying.
Spoiler
Show
I mined both Unknown Enemy Sector and Sanctuary of Darkness using this fleet before the enemies took them over. Those did respawn after the Khaak and Xenon showed in them.
The rocks in The Void Epsilon which my auto miner broke up long ago have just begun popping back up. As have a few other rocks in the neighboring The Void Zeta.

That is my official report / feedback for those I promised.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 05:10

I've managed to move my HQ to the Xenon hub instead of the ass-end of nowhere so it should fill with resources a lot faster and in theory sell Nividium quicker too. I'll find out when the next ship's hold is full, which will almost certainly be my Sirokos. I thought I'd try selling the last 50 Nividium I had at full price to see if there were any takers, if it hasn't sold by the time my Sirokos is full I'll revert the prices.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 23:14

UPDATE: I managed to clear all the Nividium from Perpetual Sin, last batch had 11,000 units of the stuff. I'm glad I went back to the sector by Xenon 534 as there I found out that I hadn't equipped my Geochens with drills, something that wasn't apparent before because when I sent them to Perpetual Sin the rocks were already broken up by the other ships mining in the sector. So now I have to install some drills. I also had to equip the carrier ships with the mining software so they could contribute to the mining. Now I have to see how I can tell my Cormorant's drones to mine only the Nividium in the sector. For some reason they did it in Perpetual Sun but not in the unclaimed sector. A couple of the other asteroids must have already been broken up as I didn't see the number of asteroids in the sector go down when I set the drones to work. At the moment I only have the 4 the ship came with as I need to save all the chips I can get for TOA production and that Terran mission.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 20:38

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 10. Oct 21, 23:14
UPDATE: I managed to clear all the Nividium from Perpetual Sin, last batch had 11,000 units of the stuff. I'm glad I went back to the sector by Xenon 534 as there I found out that I hadn't equipped my Geochens with drills, something that wasn't apparent before because when I sent them to Perpetual Sin the rocks were already broken up by the other ships mining in the sector. So now I have to install some drills. I also had to equip the carrier ships with the mining software so they could contribute to the mining. Now I have to see how I can tell my Cormorant's drones to mine only the Nividium in the sector. For some reason they did it in Perpetual Sun but not in the unclaimed sector. A couple of the other asteroids must have already been broken up as I didn't see the number of asteroids in the sector go down when I set the drones to work. At the moment I only have the 4 the ship came with as I need to save all the chips I can get for TOA production and that Terran mission.
So............ I finally have my answer to respawning asteroids. OOS mining.

Processing
Processing
:lol:

Sorry being funny. They all respawn with time. No matter how long it takes, they will eventually respawn. Confirmed. They just "respawn" quicker if you pop them instead of the OOS miners. I popped Perpetual Sin with Hornet Missiles. I did the Unclaimed with OOS. Perpetual Sin respawned before the Unclaimed sector, but the other did respawn eventually. I have 3 fresh Nividium asteroids again. :D
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 08:06

Sovereign01 wrote:
Now I have to see how I can tell my Cormorant's drones to mine only the Nividium in the sector. For some reason they did it in Perpetual Sun but not in the unclaimed sector.
There doesn't seem to be an option to select exactly which minerals to order the drones to mine, does there? I suspect, if you ran a debris survey in Perpetual Sin, you'll see that there was only Nividium debris in that sector. I did run a survey of the unclaimed sector next to Unseen Domain, so I know it has ore and silicon debris in addition to Nividium before I ordered my Cormorant to drone mine it. Which is why that thing is picking up ore and silicon instead of Nividium. Annoying.

For some reason, the three Nividium asteroids in that sector had been broken before I ever reached that sector. They have not respawned.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 10:06

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 08:06
Sovereign01 wrote:
Now I have to see how I can tell my Cormorant's drones to mine only the Nividium in the sector. For some reason they did it in Perpetual Sun but not in the unclaimed sector.
There doesn't seem to be an option to select exactly which minerals to order the drones to mine, does there? I suspect, if you ran a debris survey in Perpetual Sin, you'll see that there was only Nividium debris in that sector. I did run a survey of the unclaimed sector next to Unseen Domain, so I know it has ore and silicon debris in addition to Nividium before I ordered my Cormorant to drone mine it. Which is why that thing is picking up ore and silicon instead of Nividium. Annoying.

For some reason, the three Nividium asteroids in that sector had been broken before I ever reached that sector. They have not respawned.
Hey guys, I couldn't even get my own drones to scan asteroids. I'm going to play a hunch that all the management software is broken in some way. I've been having some serious issues around the board with it. Stations, Carriers and Drones. It partly works, but I am finding myself completely frustrated to the point I gotta walk away. So this may be one of my last posts. "Somewhere a bunch of people just started cheering." :lol:

There are AI miners that actually go about breaking asteroids up and collecting them. I've seen them in Cho's Defeat. Watched them do it, half amused. I think they were NMMC. So you might have gotten unlucky with that.

You still have the option of the Unclaimed Sector up in the NE corner of the sector map. And a couple in the start area. They "will" eventually respawn. But that timer is quite high.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 03:02

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 23. Oct 21, 10:06
Jimmy C wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:

Hey guys, I couldn't even get my own drones to scan asteroids. I'm going to play a hunch that all the management software is broken in some way. I've been having some serious issues around the board with it. Stations, Carriers and Drones. It partly works, but I am finding myself completely frustrated to the point I gotta walk away. So this may be one of my last posts. "Somewhere a bunch of people just started cheering." :lol:

There are AI miners that actually go about breaking asteroids up and collecting them. I've seen them in Cho's Defeat. Watched them do it, half amused. I think they were NMMC. So you might have gotten unlucky with that.

You still have the option of the Unclaimed Sector up in the NE corner of the sector map. And a couple in the start area. They "will" eventually respawn. But that timer is quite high.
Wait, there's debris surveying? I've never heard of that one before. It's gonna be annoying if the drones decide to mine a whole load of silicon due to the ridiculous amount of space it takes up in the cargo hold.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 03:16

Sovereign01 wrote:
Sun, 24. Oct 21, 03:02
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 23. Oct 21, 10:06
Jimmy C wrote:

Wait, there's debris surveying? I've never heard of that one before. It's gonna be annoying if the drones decide to mine a whole load of silicon due to the ridiculous amount of space it takes up in the cargo hold.
Pretty sure I saw the option. The drones just never launched when I activated it. Its the same as launching a scout with explorer command software and a mineral scanner.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 05:01

Sovereign01 wrote:

Wait, there's debris surveying? I've never heard of that one before.
It's part of the Exploration Command software. Install it into a fast M5 with a Mineral Scanner and it'll run around the sector to scan all the collectable debris and then message you with the numbers. I'm not sure what the numbers correspond to though. I got 30's and 60's for ore and silicon but hundreds of units of those when I started collecting.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 21:33

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 24. Oct 21, 05:01
Sovereign01 wrote:

Wait, there's debris surveying? I've never heard of that one before.
It's part of the Exploration Command software. Install it into a fast M5 with a Mineral Scanner and it'll run around the sector to scan all the collectable debris and then message you with the numbers. I'm not sure what the numbers correspond to though. I got 30's and 60's for ore and silicon but hundreds of units of those when I started collecting.
I just ran it, and this is what it came back with:
Ore: 2906
Silicon: 4970
Nividium: 36
Ice: 0

I'm not sure if the low Nividium numbers are because of the 28 ships and 4 drones I have active in that sector are hoovering up all the Nividium. In any case it looks like my Cormorant is going to be full of materials I don't want.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 04:22

Well, if you have any construction projects planned at the HQ, you can dump them there for it.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 05:54

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 04:22
Well, if you have any construction projects planned at the HQ, you can dump them there for it.
I'm certainly going to have to build something- helping the terrans after delivering the chips and crystals and covering the M6 as it headed to the station, next mission kicks off and there's 3 Kyotos getting wiped out by half a dozen Titans and as many Rays. A bit much for a lone M7 to handle! :lol:

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 08:16

Check my post "Station of Destruction!" for how to cheese it. Only works if you aren't enemies to the Argons and Borons.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 08:58

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 05:54
Jimmy C wrote:
I'm certainly going to have to build something- helping the terrans after delivering the chips and crystals and covering the M6 as it headed to the station, next mission kicks off and there's 3 Kyotos getting wiped out by half a dozen Titans and as many Rays. A bit much for a lone M7 to handle! :lol:
The Terran's are scripted to win that due to a lone Kyoto being invincible. Do not participate in that fight if you want to preserve your rep. It will auto-complete with the Terran's winning, and either way you get the ship.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 09:27

From my observation, sometimes some of the targets you need to kill leave the sector and cannot be reacquired. If they slip by the Kyoto, there's no chance they'll be destroyed later and the mission cannot be completed.
Still, causing collisions with stations was the most amusing way to do the mission!

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 13:09

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 08:58
Sovereign01 wrote:
Jimmy C wrote:
The Terran's are scripted to win that due to a lone Kyoto being invincible. Do not participate in that fight if you want to preserve your rep. It will auto-complete with the Terran's winning, and either way you get the ship.
Does this 4th Kyoto spawn after the other three? Because I see those biting the dust in short order, leaving the half-dozen Rays and Titans, as well as the Barracudas, Falcons and Novas wandering aimlessly. The only other Terran ships I've seen are M4 & M5s, a TM and a TS. I reloaded the mission, instead of Kyotos there were a couple of Wodens there this time facing 9 Titans and 9 Rays. This time all the non-Terran ships were red instead of just a couple of fighters.

If I do end up going down the station-bombing route I'll grab the Bofu lab from Void Theta as it's not making me anything and use that. It'll take a while for my TL to get there but needs must! :D

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 20:54

Sovereign01 wrote:

Does this 4th Kyoto spawn after the other three? Because I see those biting the dust in short order, leaving the half-dozen Rays and Titans, as well as the Barracudas, Falcons and Novas wandering aimlessly. The only other Terran ships I've seen are M4 & M5s, a TM and a TS. I reloaded the mission, instead of Kyotos there were a couple of Wodens there this time facing 9 Titans and 9 Rays. This time all the non-Terran ships were red instead of just a couple of fighters.

If I do end up going down the station-bombing route I'll grab the Bofu lab from Void Theta as it's not making me anything and use that. It'll take a while for my TL to get there but needs must! :D
To anyone else who happens to read these, these links go directly to plot spoilers.

Main page of the Terran Plot - You can read both sides / advantages or disadvantages.
Use this: https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/help/guides/terran-plot/

This should be directly at the point you are describing in the guide. Terran / Commonwealth battle. Terran side of it.
https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/help/guides/t ... page4b.php
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 03:00

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 20:54
Sovereign01 wrote:

To anyone else who happens to read these, these links go directly to plot spoilers.

Main page of the Terran Plot - You can read both sides / advantages or disadvantages.
Use this: https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/help/guides/terran-plot/

This should be directly at the point you are describing in the guide. Terran / Commonwealth battle. Terran side of it.
https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/help/guides/t ... page4b.php
There must be something up with my game, because I'm not seeing an invincible Kyoto spawn. I've triggered the mission, jumped out of the sector and jumped back in via the north gate. So far I've had either a couple of Wodens or 2-3 Kyotos appear and they all bit the dust.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”