Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Lister Of Smeg

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Lister Of Smeg » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 07:17

Lister Of Smeg wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 17:00
I've decided to set up an experiment and see if asteroids will respawn if mined remotely. It seems strange that we would have ship extensions that allow us to do this but would be punished by having the roids not respawn because we automate it.

I've got a Yeild 2 Nividium roid in a system which I've fully scanned, so i can set my miners to auto on that and if it respawns it will be inescapeable to spot as it will be the only unscanned roid in the system :)

will post back with results, reaching a bit asking this but if a dev could confirm or deny would save me a day testing :P
I can now report back following my little experiment and am happy to report that the yield 2 Nividium Asteroid which was fully mined OOS and automated did indeed respawn. It actuallly respawned a yield 2 Nividium asteroid which seems strange as I heard respawns were randomised but as its a one roid test its to small a sample to rule out coincidence.

The initial smash was done whilst I was OOS (infact the whole process was whilst i was OOS) by my Consus which has MDS installed on the front turret. It was then assisted by my Athena (which does not have any MDS, but frag bomb launchers instead). Funny thing is I have since mined out another yield 2 Nividium roid (this time the initial smash done by me (part 2 of the test)) which gave significantly less (around 1000 less, roughly 1/3) Nividium than the first roid did.

Still, ultimate conclusion... feel free to automate it fully and rest assured that the roids will respawn :D

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 22:13

Lister Of Smeg wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 07:17
Lister Of Smeg wrote:
I've decided to set up an experiment and see if asteroids will respawn if mined remotely. It seems strange that we would have ship extensions that allow us to do this but would be punished by having the roids not respawn because we automate it.

I've got a Yeild 2 Nividium roid in a system which I've fully scanned, so i can set my miners to auto on that and if it respawns it will be inescapeable to spot as it will be the only unscanned roid in the system :)

will post back with results, reaching a bit asking this but if a dev could confirm or deny would save me a day testing :P
I can now report back following my little experiment and am happy to report that the yield 2 Nividium Asteroid which was fully mined OOS and automated did indeed respawn. It actuallly respawned a yield 2 Nividium asteroid which seems strange as I heard respawns were randomised but as its a one roid test its to small a sample to rule out coincidence.

The initial smash was done whilst I was OOS (infact the whole process was whilst i was OOS) by my Consus which has MDS installed on the front turret. It was then assisted by my Athena (which does not have any MDS, but frag bomb launchers instead). Funny thing is I have since mined out another yield 2 Nividium roid (this time the initial smash done by me (part 2 of the test)) which gave significantly less (around 1000 less, roughly 1/3) Nividium than the first roid did.

Still, ultimate conclusion... feel free to automate it fully and rest assured that the roids will respawn :D
How long did it take to mine & respawn, and how much Nividium did you get out of it? I need to revisit the sectors that my mobile mining operation visited and see if any of the small roids that I mined have respawned. Despite having a full dozen miners all equipped with drills it still takes hours to mine even a small asteroid.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 20:44

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 7. Sep 21, 05:29
For that I will need a ship that can launch boarding pods, I feel like it's a chicken-and-egg situation going on since all the ships that can launch them need pods to be boarded in the first place. Meaning I'm going to have to buy myself an M7M first.
just use Ion Disruptor on m6:
(hydra/centaur) -> heavy (hydra/centaur) prototype / Skiron -> Acinonyx Prototype -> ?again? -> m7 (carrack) or m7m ->...-> Sirokos.
you can force enemy m6 to fly through your marines (obviously it would be better to strip weapons from it, but if you strip them all don't change your ship after that!).
after that you can either capture second Acinonyx Prototype, or just send first 10 marines with very good fighting skill and teleport another 10 marines to acinonyx for launch,
10 good marines will survive on m7 enough time you need to teleport another 10 and to give board order to Acinonyx again.
i prefer carrack as it faster especially with booster and can be used for combat without costly missiles too.

p.s. Truelight Seeker with 6 overcharged stolen Ion Cannons helps boarding too you actually can use it as first step (as it could also fire ion disruptor) but price for overpowered weapon is almost no shield recharge!, jump, evade, teleport on other ship helps here greatly (thanx for fix in x3FL no "jump aborted" on teleport usage).
p.s2. cargo shielding prevents equipment damage, and often becomes visible only after you try to damage equipment, but code which try to save weapons from frying without cargobay shielding still there - it will uninstall all weapons eventually, so enemy will not fire on you, and thats would simplify boarding... (but all equipment still there...)
Last edited by dmk on Mon, 20. Sep 21, 20:53, edited 3 times in total.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 21:18

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 17. Aug 21, 18:29
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 17. Aug 21, 06:20
What other stuff do the corporations have that I should acquire?
Some exclusives, but you don't necessarily need them all:
i should add:
Spoiler
Show
Atreus (from shipyard):
Drone Extended (m4 ship with build in 3 repair lasers but only remote controlled drone, or controlled by m7c , without m7c remote control gives your 3 times repair speed compared to space suit, and no risk being shot without warning)
p.s. only useful thing in whole x3 universe to control on small additional monitor view. (bug there docking computer on that thing is not working properly)

Lister Of Smeg

Post by Lister Of Smeg » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 15:23

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 22:13
Lister Of Smeg wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 07:17
Lister Of Smeg wrote:

How long did it take to mine & respawn, and how much Nividium did you get out of it? I need to revisit the sectors that my mobile mining operation visited and see if any of the small roids that I mined have respawned. Despite having a full dozen miners all equipped with drills it still takes hours to mine even a small asteroid.
I think the amount you get from it depends on the size of the roid (size and yield appear to be 2 very seperate thing in my experience) as I have had 2 different yield 1 roids and one mined pretty fast and gave roughly 1/3 of what the other did, so size and yield will effect how long it takes to mine. Respawn is also difficult to say as I wasnt really watching time, I just checked back every now and then, but I'd say anywhere from 2 days ingame (time in SETA obvoisly speeds it up in RL)

It feels like theres some randomisation to the respawn, as I have had a system where I mined 2 roids and one has respawned where one hasn't. I was also mining in another sector at the same time and none have respawned there as of yet. I have had multipul roids respawn though so Im confident in saying that they do respawn... eventually :P

oh yeah one additional thing, I have had a Satellite in one of the sectors with a roid in range and it respawned just fine, so FOW seems to be irrelevant aswell

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 02:32

did some off you guys had a exploration thing in sanctuary of darkness?

if found a aran but forgot the coordinates and did not find it anymore.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 04:32

mhooma wrote:
Tue, 21. Sep 21, 02:32
did some off you guys had a exploration thing in sanctuary of darkness?

if found a aran but forgot the coordinates and did not find it anymore.
Hello. I already posted the co-ordinates as a "spoiler" to you on previous page.

stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 03:37

dmk wrote:
Sun, 19. Sep 21, 21:18
Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 17. Aug 21, 18:29
Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 17. Aug 21, 06:20
What other stuff do the corporations have that I should acquire?
Some exclusives, but you don't necessarily need them all:
i should add:
Spoiler
Show
Atreus (from shipyard):
Drone Extended (m4 ship with build in 3 repair lasers but only remote controlled drone, or controlled by m7c , without m7c remote control gives your 3 times repair speed compared to space suit, and no risk being shot without warning)
p.s. only useful thing in whole x3 universe to control on small additional monitor view. (bug there docking computer on that thing is not working properly)
Having gotten my Sirokos and other M7/M7M ships from OTAS I'm now working on Atreus, I did wonder what that "drone extended" thing was in the shipyard.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 10:43

The drones can only be properly controlled by an M7D drone frigate. The Extended Drone from Atreus has 3 repair lasers and is your best option for ship repairs. The Guppy, which you can buy from Atreus there, comes with 4 of them.
There's actually no need to buy extra drones. Getting an M7D automatically puts the plans for its drones into your PHQ.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 16:24

Jimmy C wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 10:43
The drones can only be properly controlled by an M7D drone frigate. The Extended Drone from Atreus has 3 repair lasers and is your best option for ship repairs. The Guppy, which you can buy from Atreus there, comes with 4 of them.
There's actually no need to buy extra drones. Getting an M7D automatically puts the plans for its drones into your PHQ.
probably only if you buy it,
i did board it( m7d ), so no blueprint, but buy drone and reverse engineered it.
compared to boarding Kyoto (especially with cargo bay shielding and Hull Polarising Device without m7m:) or Q, boarding m7d in case small number of fighters with it - very easy.
did captured it with mk2 booster, actually i did captured all m7 for exception of first with booster, and TL also with booster, did not find TL with mk3 build software :(

type of what you get from boarding seems now determined before pods were launched, but if it happens to be software-equipment(not cargo or weapons or shields), then all you need to do - make sure that only software/equipment you need would survive at boarding end, in case if it is not software-equipment then need to reload to very beginning of boarding.

i think for boarding xenon ship you need at last deck (before hacking) to have max marines + 1 with exceptionally good fighting skills (i.e. 11 for px, 21 for Q) in state of fighting (some of them may be fighting without deck number, but must be fighting!) then they survive and be allowed to hack xenon ship. (actually some of marines which was capturing PX was only 50% fighting and they survived and captured ship, but i think that was random pure luck),
Spoiler
Show
good marines(80%+ fighting) can be found on Pirate Rehabilitation Facilities but you need to hack them first (or by Diplomats/spy/agents, or by paying money for hack at other station).

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 17:44

Where did you board the Guppy? I've hit the wall where I cannot increase my Atreus level without reducing my OTAS rep first (which I can do by boosting my Terracorp rep instead), which would mean I lose access to the Boreas. I've already bought the Aquilo, Astraeus (in the process of kitting out) and Sirokos. Of course, if I could board the Guppy then the rep building becomes irrelevant. I'll still need to buy the drone command software, the chances of acquiring it are less than certain even with an agent with 7 tasks remaining.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 17:58

You don't need Atreus rep to buy the Guppy it is available from Boron as well, it's just one of the ships you unlock via diplomacy.

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 18:12

i actually did board fastest m7d - panther and it did waiting near gates in teladi sector without fighers,
it seems not only TS ships stucks in 1.2, but others too,
most hard part was getting mk2 booster, ship itself was very easy (it actually don't need full charge of ion cannon from Truelight seeker to make its shield down) i.e. it will not fight back until boarding pods lands..

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 19:54

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 17:58
You don't need Atreus rep to buy the Guppy it is available from Boron as well, it's just one of the ships you unlock via diplomacy.
It's only for sale at the Atreus shipyard in Ocean of Fantasy Gamma. From satellites I've found one in that sector and another in Depths of Silence, both of which are far from alone.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 20:39

As long as you use diplomacy to unlock special ships at a Boron shipyard it should be available

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 03:32

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 20:39
As long as you use diplomacy to unlock special ships at a Boron shipyard it should be available
Will any Boron shipyard do? I'll be able to afford the ship now that some more of the Nividium from the HQ has been sold.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 05:02

Yes, but consider the following, you can use another agent to negotiate a discount at the shipyard at the same time. You may want to take full advantage of that and buy more stuff at discounted prices.

So, beyond the ships, is there anything else you would like to buy at a Boron yard? The yard at Great Reef Alpha is the Boron super yard that sells all their stations and ships. Go for that one if you don't have anything you want from a ore convenient yard.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 05:56

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 05:02
Yes, but consider the following, you can use another agent to negotiate a discount at the shipyard at the same time. You may want to take full advantage of that and buy more stuff at discounted prices.

So, beyond the ships, is there anything else you would like to buy at a Boron yard? The yard at Great Reef Alpha is the Boron super yard that sells all their stations and ships. Go for that one if you don't have anything you want from a ore convenient yard.
Damn, I sent my agent to the nearby one in Depths of Silence- 50 minutes in and he's only negotiated 2/4 ships this far. Once I do get the Guppy I can focus on the last corporation, Strong Arms.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 06:12

Hello all. I was going to buy a Guppy at the earliest time but after reading the stats on it, decided against it. It only docks M3, M4 and M5's. Tonight I decided just to get one and take a look at it. After getting it at shipyard in Kingdom End Alpha and ordering it to move to "position", I got incoming message saying it completed its order. Problem with that was, the incoming messages were stuck in a loop. I kept getting these messages one after another over and over. Reloaded my save and scratched getting a Guppy.
If only it could dock other ships like in AP.

stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

dmk
x4

Post by dmk » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 07:47

Stu Austin wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 06:12
If only it could dock other ships like in AP.
that's why i did not waste my money on m7d only marines effort,
to dock other ships you need Kyoto or Aran or goner Mobile Repair Ship (better than Aran),
but maybe Ozias may suffice for your needs (a lot cheaper and even easer to board since you can hire him).
only thing (for exception of Aran/MRS) that can carry combined 427,500 XL cargo or 500 marines, pity no scripts to auto load docked ships with stuff...
(or 52,500 Stations) as far as i know x4 don't have load/unload scripts too.

p.s. just remove notification about order completion for any m7d, it seems all m7d using additional scripts and ordering themselves something...

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”